In all seriousness - Does Diaz Fire Penos?

This has to be considered at this point. We look worse than we did when Nix was running the team.

If we fire Penos (or **** as some like to call him), who are potential candidates around the nation we could bring in?

I'd be surprised if manny admits to his mistake...but if he does the problem I see is manny picking the OC.
He will probably go for another pro style guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This has to be considered at this point. We look worse than we did when Nix was running the team.

If we fire Penos (or **** as some like to call him), who are potential candidates around the nation we could bring in?

This is no fantasy... Ken Dorsey is qualified for the OC job here.

Ken Dorsey has improved Josh Allen's game and is an X's and O's guy.

Enos came in with too much of a brand -- Tagovailoa/Hurts, Alabama, Saban and all the perception that comes with it. The fact that Manny got the guy Saban was going to promote to OC was impressive and blinded people to the reality of his offensive history. I'm not as critical of Manny as most, but this was his biggest error. He had the right idea initially when he publicly stated the kind of offense he wanted to run, but he got blinded by the big splash hire that was available to him. I'm guessing that Enos can present a very convincing case for what he likes to do and it was enough to get Diaz to trust him given the successful QBs he had just worked with.

But now, after half a season, Manny's gotta be frustrated as ****. He ran a defense that performed well for 3 years along side an offense that was terrible. He probably coached those years constantly thinking... if only I could change that **** offense. And now in his first year as HC he's come to realize that he's still stuck with it. And it's his fault.

So what next? If you look at how Manny has handled most things, he's not a patient guy. He's already grabbed the reins from Baker because he couldn't stand to see the D looking like it was (and it looks much better since he did). And the offseason moves were aggressive too. Unless the offense shows some real progress, I think he makes a change. You can argue about the bad OL and other personnel, and all that's true, but the fact is you have to maximize what you've got with creative thinking and Enos doesn't seem to be able to do that. Do people really think Diaz is going to sit here like Golden and just let one side of the team rot for multiple seasons and destroy his career over it? Especially when his D is doing its part? I'm not predicting he gets the perfect guy or ultimately succeeds, but there's no way he lets this go on the way it is.

Those missed blocking assignments are thanks to the sh'tty OL coach that Enos brought in.
Fair take. But how do you know they aren't taught their assignments and they're just missing them? Let alone when they do make the right block they're getting beat regardless.

Advertisement
How much is the lack of production due to the obvious oline issues? Granted he could have schematically addressed some of this and he really hasn't. But he may get another year and possibly Barry is the fall guy instead.

Playing devil's advocate, easily. His OL personnel never allowed him to run his offense.
I'm sympathetic to this argument but really good coaches make changes to suit their personnel. You can't run a 3-4 unless you have a monster nose tackle like Vince Wilfork and ballin' LB's. In the same way, Enos needs to recognize that his OL doesn't allow him to run the offense he wants to run, so he should change what we do to best suit the personnel we do have.

Fair take. But how do you know they aren't taught their assignments and they're just missing them? Let alone when they do make the right block they're getting beat regardless.
If we're still missing assignments then his coaching isn't getting through to our players for some reason.

And if a player is getting beat physically then that's the coach's fault for putting an overmatched player out there *cough, Zion, cough*

Advertisement
If we're still missing assignments then his coaching isn't getting through to our players for some reason.

And if a player is getting beat physically then that's the coach's fault for putting an overmatched player out there *cough, Zion, cough*
Agree, but I dont think we have any other options tbo. They're all equally bad. Honestly I believe its a combination of bad recruiting, bad play, AND bad OL coaching.

OC and Enos is one problem, Oline and Dline coach is another more important one. We will never be on the road to recovery until we get dominant coaching again in the trenches.

Lmao at you stupid ******* ignorant chick-fan morons still trying to blame the players for that slimy loser gasbag PEnos doing what he's done his entire career: suck.

A refresher course for you dipshlts:

As a head coach;
Total offense:
2010: 49th
2011: 57th
2012: 64th
2013: 110th
2014: 70th

Scoring Offense:
2010: 82nd
2011: 91st
2012: 64th
2013: 96th
2014: 81st

As an OC;
Total Offense:
2015: 25th
2016: 54th
2017: 94th

Scoring Offense:
2015: 27th
2016: 57th
2017: 61st

And now we see the pathetic basement-dwelling numbers this visor wearing faqq0t is putting up now for us.

He's only had one anomaly in his almost decade-long career where he didn't have an offense that wasn't average or garbage.

Penos is doing exactly what he's done his entire career: FAIL.

Advertisement
Back