In all seriousness - Does Diaz Fire Penos?

Advertisement
How can he justify not firing him?
We’ve seen this movie before. They’ll borrow from the Golden/D’Onofrio playbook. “Players weren’t executing”. Apparently that absolves the guy who is responsible for teaching them to execute. And on top of that they’ll point to the young/inexperienced OL that Enos inherited, and will say switching coordinators would be bad for Jarren’s development.

He should have gone all-in on Applewhite, not sure how that deal fell apart.

I don't think either is a particularly strong recruiter, but Major's system is a far better fit for who we have on offense.
The deal didn’t fall apart because there was no deal being made. Applebag isn’t even coaching this year. I think Sabag brought him in to wash his cars this year.

Advertisement
We’ve seen this movie before. They’ll borrow from the Golden/D’Onofrio playbook. “Players weren’t executing”. Apparently that absolves the guy who is responsible for teaching them to execute. And on top of that they’ll point to the young/inexperienced OL that Enos inherited, and will say switching coordinators would be bad for Jarren’s development.
Our best hope is Dantonio is allowed to stick around at State, and he scapegoats his OC and brings the peripatetic Enos back home to East Lansing.

Enos, stubblefield, Barry, Stroud, and Banda all need to go. Patke seems to be doing an alright job at special teams, but we can do better; there is no need for having a coach literally coach 2 guys on defense and have an average special teams squad. Stroud should be an analyst, which seems to me that he was thrown in the position real quick once Simpson left. Really do not see a difference with the WRs so stubblefield can go. We should have only one DB coach, no need for 2 and I think out of Rumph and Banda, Rumph is better and if he cant coach CBs and Safeties than he can go as well. Enos and Barry, no need for an explanation.

Advertisement
Guys we need more than a new OC. We need a QB worth his salt. Perhaps Jarren shows is something and maybe he doesnt. But without a competent QB this is just an exercise in futility.
LOL Williams is BY FAR the most talented QB we have had in 20 years. He completes an great % of passes and doesn't throw int when healthy . He has a rocket for an arm and is the fastest QB on the team ( just look at sprint #'s ) . He already is 2x ACC freshman of the week . He is a future first 3 round QB. We finally have zero concerns at QB when healthy. Simply a dumbass comment.

As far as Enos the last few games will tell the story. I was impressed with his play calling thru the first 3 games or so but the OL was so bad it made the offense look worse then it was. But with Perry his playbook was so so limited as Perry just flat out can't make about half the passes or plays ( not due to physical talent but head for the game IMO) . **** you notice how the offense changed once Williams came in yesteday ? He could call what he wanted again . But he has to show improvement to keep his job . I suspect he will but if he doesn't Diaz will replace him I have zero doubt .

Man the football stupidity runs DEEP on this board....

Most experienced and reasonably knowledgeable football fans would see:

1) offensive unit has D-grade OL — the OL determines whether you can execute runs or passes....

2) a new coach with a new system — installing it onto a 7-6 team

3) an offense that has a freshman QB who’s getting his first experience at starting and a sophomore who was never given proper QB training by the Richts.

4) QUITTERS like Hightower, Cager and JT who deprive an already pathetically weak Offense of experience and skills because they want to b*tch and moan....

ANY OC IN AMERICA would struggle to put a winning Offense on the field with this train-wreck of offensive team...

Canes have some legit performers : JWilliams, DJ, Cam, KJ.....

But who else??? WHO?

How do you score and win with only 4 performers on the O???

Last edited:
Enos play calling is not the problem, it's the system itself. We are not built for a pro style offense. Hopefully it's obvious to the staff & the two can mutually part ways. Converting to the spread is the only thing that will save Miami IMO.

Yeah. A lot of bad throws and decisions by qbs. I have seen a ton of blown plays. Can’t blame enos if guys are wide open and the Qb doesn’t make the throw

Sure you can, just like you can blame the OL. Of course some of it is on the QB, but when you're never comfortable and always wondering where your next crippling tackle is coming from, that causes problems.

QB's need to be comfortable. When they don't trust the call or are put in formations that aren't advantageous or slow developing, it's a problem. They need to get into a rhythm. When that's thrown off, they are focusing on things other than throwing. Their reads are shorter, less patient, and their internal clock speeds up. Their throws are off balance, quicker or in some cases they'll hold onto the ball longer rather than get it out.

Every person is different in how they deal with the stress of being under pressure. Our QB's are never comfortable which is the entire premise of the OL and signal caller. It's why I say there isn't a QB in the country that would do amazing with Enos or this OL. Compound that with receivers that are anything but physical, you've got more issues. Could one do better, sure. To expect the world though, that would be a collosal mistake.

Advertisement
Man the football stupidity runs DEEP on this board....

Most experienced and reasonably knowledgeable football fans would see:

1) offensive unit has D-grade OL — the OL determines whether you can execute runs or passes....

2) a new coach with a new system — installing it onto a 7-6 team

3) an offense that has a freshman QB who’s getting his first experience at starting and a sophomore who was never given proper QB training by the Richts.

4) QUITTERS like Hightower, Cager and JT who deprive an already pathetically weak Offense of experience and skills because they want to b*tch and moan....

ANY OC IN AMERICA would struggle to put a winning Offense on the field with this train-wreck of offensive team...

Canes have some legit performers : JWilliams, DJ, Cam, KJ.....

But who else??? WHO?

How do you score and win with only 4 performers on the O???

I agree with all of that, but in the same breath Enos isn't going to be any better than average anywhere. That is obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of football as he keeps trying things that have never worked before.

Manny’s Rolodex of coaches is as empty as his offseason rhetoric. Even if he fires Enos, who is he going to hire. By all accounts he got rejected by Larry Fedora and not sure what happened with applewhite.

And he will have to fire the whole offensive staff as they all cane with Enos.

Advertisement
He probably has to go for optics at this point. But no OC is gonna do better with this line. Plenty of plays are called that work, even quick developing one's that the QB/receivers can't capitalize on, or the line literally lets defenders run by.
Those missed blocking assignments are thanks to the sh'tty OL coach that Enos brought in.

Advertisement
Back