In all seriousness - Does Diaz Fire Penos?

Advertisement
This has to be considered at this point. We look worse than we did when Nix was running the team.

If we fire Penos (or **** as some like to call him), who are potential candidates around the nation we could bring in?

BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Diaz isn't going to CHIT-CAN this average OC! So why youse' even posting this guess work and what not?

How can you say that after only allowing 2 sacks to the top sack-producing line in the FBS?

2 sacks is definitely an improvement. But right now his offense w/ this oline is getting our qbs killed. One was playing with a separated shoulder and one now coming back healthier from a shoulder injury. Will wait for a film breakdown to be posted to see what Enos did differently this game.

Those missed blocking assignments are thanks to the sh'tty OL coach that Enos brought in.

Amen. Bloody amen! Nevertheless, at least the OL didn't allow a lot of sacks Saturn day. And the unit deserves major kudo's on that fourth-down play for the winning TD!

Advertisement
I asked my magic ball and this happened... crazy!
13.gif

I wanna share something;

For those who watched the game, do u recall the play-by-play guys continuing to call Whipple a QB Coaching Guru?

The entire time, I continued to say, “when & how?” to myself.

That brought to mind of Enos. I’m wondering if he was strictly over hyped, most likely due to Bama’s success, much like Whipple during his time w the Pittsburgh Steelers. Both Whipple & Enos’ offense were putrid at best yesterday.

This has to be considered at this point. We look worse than we did when Nix was running the team.

If we fire Penos (or **** as some like to call him), who are potential candidates around the nation we could bring in?
I think he abandons ship to an SEC team at the end of the year. Who do we go after? My 1st call would be to Mark Helfrich if the Bears finish rough.

A lot has to do with the players.

Prime example. Screens.

Great screen was thrown to brevin on a cross delay route. But the play was made by brevins yac and blocking. This is the same for bama. They throw a lot of screens which turn into tds because their receivers out athlete the defense. We do not have the talent to do this from the blocking to the receivers. So what turns into a td or big play for bama or brevin is a 3 yard play most of the time for us.

It is the truth. We simply do not have the talent to out athlete most of the teams we play. Idgaf what the blue chip ratio says. Name me one year we played for a title without the best team. Name me one. You cant.

Hold up? Are u saying that we’re not more talented than every team on our schedule, sans FSU and an occasional OOC opponent?

Advertisement
Enos, stubblefield, Barry, Stroud, and Banda all need to go. Patke seems to be doing an alright job at special teams, but we can do better; there is no need for having a coach literally coach 2 guys on defense and have an average special teams squad. Stroud should be an analyst, which seems to me that he was thrown in the position real quick once Simpson left. Really do not see a difference with the WRs so stubblefield can go. We should have only one DB coach, no need for 2 and I think out of Rumph and Banda, Rumph is better and if he cant coach CBs and Safeties than he can go as well. Enos and Barry, no need for an explanation.

I’m sorry; did u just say Patke seems to be doing an alright job on ST???! Lol.

I wanna share something;

For those who watched the game, do u recall the play-by-play guys continuing to call Whipple a QB Coaching Guru?

That brought to mind of Enos. I’m wondering if he was strictly over hyped, most likely due to Bama’s success, much like Whipple during his time w the Pittsburgh Steelers. Both Whipple & Enos’ offense were putrid at best yesterday.

You do know. This dude is speaking the truth. huh.

We take care of business next weekend and we can almost be certain that Kendall Briles will be available when Willie gets canned at the end of the season. Do we still want him? Now that we have seen him at FSU, is he still attractive?

The reality is that if Manny does get rid of the problem here, he most likely has to adopt the new OCs crew. I don’t think that he has the tenure and the relationships on the offensive side of the ball to get a group of hand selected guys at this point. But who knows...crazier things have happened.

I’m sorry; did u just say Patke seems to be doing an alright job on ST???! Lol.
Yeah just because the kicking game is bad, doesn't mean that other aspects of the STs are bad to. Put coverage is good, punting is good, kickoff coverage is pretty goodn meaning he is doing an alright job.

Advertisement
I wanna share something;

I noticed that as well and laughed to myself. Whipple showed yesterday that he is exactly who we thought he was. I suspect we’ll be saying the same about Enos in a few years.

Advertisement
Penos gonna get another season if we dont trend downward through the end of the season. Oline looks to be improving slightly. Perry demonstrated that he is Jacory Harris 2.0 and cant be trusted to execute consistently. Our only hope is Williams progresses with the oline. Burrow was pedestrian last season and is now a heisman candidate. If we can show any improvement with Williams at the helm then Penos will get a shot next season.

Yeah. A lot of bad throws and decisions by qbs. I have seen a ton of blown plays. Can’t blame enos if guys are wide open and the Qb doesn’t make the throw
Yes you can because in good offenses, the QBs aren't asked to go through progressions, sit in the pocket behind and get killed, and make difficult throws. The best offenses "pace and space" by making quick, easy throws to open receivers in space. The tempo also gets the D so tired and confuse that guys are WIDE open. Watch Oklahoma (yes I know they lost, but still scored 41 against a **** good team).

Penos gonna get another season if we dont trend downward through the end of the season. Oline looks to be improving slightly. Perry demonstrated that he is Jacory Harris 2.0 and cant be trusted to execute consistently. Our only hope is Williams progresses with the oline. Burrow was pedestrian last season and is now a heisman candidate. If we can show any improvement with Williams at the helm then Penos will get a shot next season.
Thank you for proving my point: Burrow was average in a poor pro-style scheme. In an up tempo spread that makes short, quick and easy throws, he is all-world!

Advertisement
Back