In all seriousness - Does Diaz Fire Penos?

Does Enos get to stay in Miami ?

thumb down.gif

Advertisement
Firing Enos is an indictment on Diaz. He passed a lot of good coaches to take him. It’s like firing Diaz but keeping Blake James right? Not a lot of foresight imo

Dan is not getting fired but could leave on his own based on some changes Manny may force. For example, Butch Barry is a joke and should get fired this offseason. That could **** Dan off.

Advertisement
In all seriousness lead in followed by a bad ***** insult against a person you don’t know. 🤦‍♂️

2 sacks is definitely an improvement. But right now his offense w/ this oline is getting our qbs killed. One was playing with a separated shoulder and one now coming back healthier from a shoulder injury. Will wait for a film breakdown to be posted to see what Enos did differently this game.

So, if you're acknowledging "improvement" and admittedly await film breakdown from someone with more expertise "to see what Enos did differently this game", you not only contradict your statement of him 'really not addressing the OL schematically' but also announce your lack of expertise to make such a statement to begin with.

Those missed blocking assignments are thanks to the sh'tty OL coach that Enos brought in.
We need an oline coach that can teach and recruit. Alex M is a great teacher and is very detailed, hence why he has been so succesful.

Advertisement
You're gonna sit here and say we don't have better athletes than the mighty chippewas of central michigan?

Would trade their OL for ours, daily. Slow Donaldson and Scaife are jokes. My only hope is that they have been rocking these young guys to build consistency and they arent shaped like a beach ball.

Advertisement
Posted in another thread but I'll do the same here:

Is all we are scoring though 7 games, bcu doesn't count.

This is putrid. We are nearly dead last in 3rd down completion percentage and red zone offense. Mid 80s in total offense. This is the worst offense since the 2006 and 2007. It is horrible.

Enos will need to be demoted to qb coach(or fired) and we can hire a real offensive coordinator at the end of this season.

The offense is getting worse not better.

Defenses we have played by ranking
Uva 11th
Pitt 14th
Florida 25th
Cmu 50th
Unc 57th
Vtech 66th
Gatech 83rd

Now one could argue all those acc teams are playing weak *** competition. Just look pitt gave up 34 points to ucf.

The bolded portion leads me to believe you have an agenda. UCF scored 32 on LSU last year. That was the most points scored against them(LSU) outside of the 7OT game versus Texas A&M. Which includes more than Bama, UGA, and UF.

This year, if you look at every team that has UCF on their schedule, it is the most points that particular team allowed on the year, with the exception of Ohio State's performance against Cincinnati.
They are 5th in scoring offense and 2nd in total offense.

Terrible "example" for the "bad" offenses that the Coastal teams have faced this year.

I would like to see another year from him honestly. Wiggins appears to have improved SOME and I’d like to see what he is able to do w Martell and Pope after a full season

Won't happen. If we fire Enos, a new OC will want the same power to hire his own staff just like Enos did especially if we swing for the fences and get a big name.

Advertisement
Firing Enos is an indictment on Diaz. He passed a lot of good coaches to take him. It’s like firing Diaz but keeping Blake James right? Not a lot of foresight imo

Rookie coach making a rookie mistake. HCs fire coordinators all the time that they made a mistake on. Enos might actually be a good OC but hes not a good OC for us. Look at Ed Orgeron..took him some time but he finally got his perfect OC (Emsfinger) and his perfect DC (Aranda) and now LSU looks like the best team in the country 2 years removed from Orgeron coaching for his job.

If Manny can salvage his own job and get us to a bowl game, then he absolutely must fire Enos if only to save his own job next year. If he keeps Enos, and this $hitshow continues next year then we won't want to hear how hes going to use Enos as a scapegoat..we will want Manny gone too.

So, if you're acknowledging "improvement" and admittedly await film breakdown from someone with more expertise "to see what Enos did differently this game", you not only contradict your statement of him 'really not addressing the OL schematically' but also announce your lack of expertise to make such a statement to begin with.

Did you miss the part in the Roman's breakdown of having the qb taking deeper drops right in the path of the bull rushing DE? I would consider that as an example of "not really" addressing the issue. You also have to factor in times when the qb just makes an athletic play to avoid the rush that could have been a sack, or makes a play with his legs, or just chucks it out of bounds. These are in no way have to do with any systemic changes in the offense but just better situational awareness of the qb to avoid a sack.

No, I'm no expert. But base my opinion on what I do see and i will try to back it with facts. If you have specifics that you have observed that are systemic changes let's hear it. Simply going off the 2 sack total is not evidence of Enos making any systemic changes. I do have enough critical thinking skills to not come to that simple conclusion.

Having Perry back there in and of itself will more than likely reduce the number of sacks. Why? Because he is more decisive with the ball. Will take off when the pocket collapses sooner, or makes the one read and throws it out quicker. Again, these are not systemic changes but can still impact sack numbers.

Advertisement
Back