I'm for real done with this...

@RVACane McKenna is outstanding!

a couple decently priced sippers to try:
-uncle nearest
-old forrester
-old scout smooth ambler

A couple Decently priced and not impossible to find:
-four roses small batch select (there are a few profiles and they are all great)
-high west Bourye (this is the one I recommend to anyone trying to bridge from a mild bourbon to something spicier)
-barrell (the 11 year is amazing)

On blantons, I personally think it is worth $200 a bottle. It has an incredible nose and mouth feel (pause) — very silky.

I still stand by lot b 12 year as my favorite van winkle. If you can find a bottle of rock hill farms that isn’t insanely marked up, that’s a great one, too. Same with Elijah Craig 18.

Advertisement

-uncle nearest
-old forrester
-old scout smooth ambler

-four roses small batch select (there are a few profiles and they are all great)
-high west Bourye (this is the one I recommend to anyone trying to bridge from a mild bourbon to something spicier)

On blantons, I personally think it is worth $200 a bottle. It has an incredible nose and mouth feel (pause) — very silky.

I still stand by lot b 12 year as my favorite van winkle. If you can find a bottle of rock hill farms that isn’t insanely marked up, that’s a great one, too. Same with Elijah Craig 18.
Ok. Im going to spend a little coin today to expand my horizons.

bottle of whiskey. Mods please send another my way before deleting. Woodford is the good cheap brand I enjoy. The aged cherry cask bottle is the good high end stuff and is welcome too.
Woodford is never a bad choice especially since you can actually find it everywhere

I had some Pappy 23 the other night celebrating my friends engagement

Ok. Im going to spend a little coin today to expand my horizons.
I can’t get **** in South Carolina but I’ve found some good places online actually

You’ll hear a lot of ****** opinions about bourbon and how much it costs, and people talking about “what they can get it for”

It’s like guys and our need to pretend we get a good deal for anything

I got into bourbon like 2-3 years ago so happy to help a brother out of you need anything

if you are a novice like me and like the BT and McKenna, which of the following would you get - based on what I am more likey to like - the lower priced Weller ($100-125), the Weller antique store $185, the EH Taylor at $100 or the Blantons?
If you like BT I'd give the EHT a try. Same mashbill as BT just aged longer and barrel selected by a certain taste profile.

Where EHT originally came from. Shutdown in 1972 i think. Beam bought it in 1987 sold it 20?? and Castle and Key reopened it about 5 years ago
20181007_132030.jpg

Advertisement

-uncle nearest
-old forrester
-old scout smooth ambler

Some would scoff at $200 for Blantons but it’s my personal favorite so I agree (my cat is named Blanton haha)

For my bday this year I ordered myself some Gold, Takara Gold, and Straight from the Barrel

McKenna won best in show in SF 3-4 years ago and it's been a mission to find ever since. That award blew up a lot of our spots, lol.

That Russell Reserve 10 year is another downlow great value.
I know a lot of people like the russels reserve 10 I just can’t find myself enjoying it much everytime I pour a glass. But it’s cool to see how everyone likes diff stuff

Advertisement
Woodford is never a bad choice especially since you can actually find it everywhere

I had some Pappy 23 the other night celebrating my friends engagement
Woodford is a rarity for me. I usually don't care for high rye bourbons but really do like Woodford reserve. They do something that is rare. They either distill it at lower proof or add water to it before barrel entry. Only 1 other distillery does that , that i know of and i like their bourbon as well.

Woodford is a rarity for me. I usually don't care for high rye bourbons but really do like Woodford reserve. They do something that is rare. They either distill it at lower proof or add water to it before barrel entry. Only 1 other distillery does that , that i know of and i like their bourbon as well.
Yeah I’m not super into the ryes either but there’s some I like

The Woodford Double Oaked is excellent I think

Sometimes availability I think matters more than anything. I was shocked I went into a random liquor store here and they had Buffalo Trace. It was sad how exciting that was 😂

Advertisement
Yeah I’m not super into the ryes either but there’s some I like

The Woodford Double Oaked is excellent I think

Sometimes availability I think matters more than anything. I was shocked I went into a random liquor store here and they had Buffalo Trace. It was sad how exciting that was 😂
Same here. Availability or price gouging is a problem here also and i live right in the heart of bourbon country. Eagle Rare is my favorite but it's now a 100.00 bottle when i was buying it for 35.00 2 years ago.

Same here. Availability or price gouging is a problem here also and i live right in the heart of bourbon country. Eagle Rare is my favorite but it's now a 100.00 bottle when i was buying it for 35.00 2 years ago.
Eagle Rare is probably my favorite too

I say Blantons but part of that is because that’s the first bourbon I ever tried that really got me to say, **** ok I get it

$100 for a bottle is just kinda bull****. Like $200 for Blantons it’s like come on…

Advertisement
Woodford isn’t bad for the price. Not a bad daily sipper. But If you start a thread needs to be blantons or better
Been a Whiskey and Bourbon guy for many years. I grew tired of Cognac after heavily indulging 80-90's. What I find is that when blind judging even with my level and years of drinking experience, I can't discern expensive vs. lower and mid price ranges. I put some Canadian Mist in a Woodford bottle. My "boogie" frat bros had no idea and talked about how good it was. Just saying.

Been a Whiskey and Bourbon guy for many years. I grew tired of Cognac after heavily indulging 80-90's. What I find is that when blind judging even with my level and years of drinking experience, I can't discern expensive vs. lower and mid price ranges. I put some Canadian Mist in a Woodford bottle. My "boogie" frat bros had no idea and talked about how good it was. Just saying.
When I first started getting into it I was drinking with some friends and they were super excited about opening up some rare bottle of Four Roses

I tried it and it was whatever

Later on we were sampling other stuff and I had no idea what I was drinking

I tried one and I was like wtf is this? Because whatever it is is 100x better than that $500 bottle of four roses

It was just some High West which is like $30 a bottle

If any of you guys come visit for the Clemson game here’s where we will go. It’s a random Irish bar and I was dumbfounded when I saw the list/prices

View attachment 210111
Wow man. You can try everything. I know a place in Napa where I can try pappy starting at $100 a shot i think but i haven’t earned my bourbon stripes yet for that.

Advertisement
Back