I'm for real done with this...

if you are a novice like me and like the BT and McKenna, which of the following would you get - based on what I am more likey to like - the lower priced Weller ($100-125), the Weller antique store $185, the EH Taylor at $100 or the Blantons?
RVA, you get many good sippers under $50. Old Forester, Bulleit, Basil.

Advertisement
I can get different wellers. I think one is $125 for the bottle and the antique is $185.
Those prices for the Special Reserve and Antique are hyper-taxed. I think the MSRP on both are under $45. I got a bottle of the Antique maybe 2 years ago for $75 and would pay that for it. At $185 that's wild... some sport you can still find the 12 year around $200, which IMO is the better deal.

Advertisement
Those prices for the Special Reserve and Antique are hyper-taxed. I think the MSRP on both are under $45. I got a bottle of the Antique maybe 2 years ago for $75 and would pay that for it. At $185 that's wild... some sport you can still find the 12 year around $200, which IMO is the better deal.
Ok. Eh Taylor at $99. Will I like it?

RVA, you get many good sippers under $50. Old Forester, Bulleit, Basil.
From what he’s said I don’t think he’d like BH. Bulleit I think he’d like. That’s my favorite cheap bourbon. I’ve been finding a lot of Four Roses SB lately and that’s one of my favorite cheaper bourbons to keep on hand.

Not sure if trader joes is a thing in Florida but their house bourbon is pretty solid and it's only $15. Rumored to be from Heaven Hill. As far as sippers that are readily available it's hard to beat 4 roses single barrel.
I did a barrel pick of Blantons and a private tour of BT distillery, they were bottling the Trader Joe's bourbon there. I imagine it's Benchmark with a different label.

if you are a novice like me and like the BT and McKenna, which of the following would you get - based on what I am more likey to like - the lower priced Weller ($100-125), the Weller antique store $185, the EH Taylor at $100 or the Blantons?
The EH Taylor at $100 is probably the best value there. It's the only one I'd be willing to buy at those prices, lol.

Advertisement
From what he’s said I don’t think he’d like BH. Bulleit I think he’d like. That’s my favorite cheap bourbon. I’ve been finding a lot of Four Roses SB lately and that’s one of my favorite cheaper bourbons to keep on hand.
I had all of those like two years ago. Then moved on to Michters. Then i found BT one time in the store and that was better. Now I have a lot of good options. The BT and McKenna are where I am at now but I want to try others to see the differences.

Ok. Eh Taylor at $99. Will I like it?
I think you will. It's higher proof that the others you have listed, and to me has more a molasses or brown sugar type of mouthfeel. If it bites too hard for you, try a few drops of water to open it up.

Advertisement
If you don’t mind spending some extra $ on the rarer bourbons, then there are some websites you can use. I use liquor bar delivery. Ordered a few different types of Blantons, some Willett, and they usually have some good options.

I think you will. It's higher proof that the others you have listed, and to me has more a molasses or brown sugar type of mouthfeel. If it bites too hard for you, try a few drops of water to open it up.
I use a massive ice cube

Advertisement
Does Costco have a Kirkland bourbon and is it any good/who makes it?

Which eh Taylor and I'm assuming the wellers is the special reserve? And how much for the Blanton's? It's good and smooth but I wouldn't pay more than $85 for it.

Honestly those are all pretty expensive.

I'd just drink Wild turkey 101 😂 or Evan Williams single barrel.

Which eh Taylor and I'm assuming the wellers is the special reserve? And how much for the Blanton's? It's good and smooth but I wouldn't pay more than $85 for it.

Honestly those are all pretty expensive.

I'd just drink Wild turkey 101 😂 or Evan Williams single barrel.
The Blantons is like $130. The EH Taylor is the Small Batch I believe. I think the Wellers is the special reserve for the cheaper one.

Advertisement
Back