I'm for real done with this...

It’s Blantons with a thicker mouth feel at 90 proof instead of 93 proof . It’s very good but not worth what the secondary market asks for it .
Yeah man I’ve seen it at like 3-400

It’s like cmon now. I’ll have some once in a while at a bar here. Obviously stupid priced too but just once in a while

Advertisement
Yeah I’m not super into the ryes either but there’s some I like

The Woodford Double Oaked is excellent I think

Sometimes availability I think matters more than anything. I was shocked I went into a random liquor store here and they had Buffalo Trace. It was sad how exciting that was 😂
Agree on the Woodford Double Oaked.

It's been a while but it was really hard to find Buffalo Trace in PA. You had to hit the state store the day they got it delivered. Hidden behind the counter and you could only buy 2 bottles. In fact the guy looked astounded I only bought one lol

Thanks! I figured its solid, this guys been a bourbon head for a long time, it's his fault I stopped at 6 liquor stores yesterday looking for Weller and Elmer T. lol.

I was surpised to find Weller 12 but none of them had Elmers. Still happy with what I brought home for $75 though.

View attachment 218572
Why you gotta **** on my picture man 😭

Yeah man I’ve seen it at like 3-400

It’s like cmon now. I’ll have some once in a while at a bar here. Obviously stupid priced too but just once in a while
I’ve never seen it at a store . Got lucky once using Drizly and found two bottles at $80 something each but usually yea , same , everywhere I see it online it’s $3-400. As you said , great juice though .

Advertisement
I got the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for $70 which is retail I’m pretty sure

Gonna crack that tomorrow they had several bottles so I may grab a couple more
What batches did you get ? Last year I found a store that had 2018 and 2019 batches mixed in with the batch that had just come out .

Yeah $140 is just too **** much. Blantons is my personal favorite bourbon but it’s just not that good to justify that. Sad.

Definitely excited for the tours. Buffalo Trace and Weller for sure, Woodford, Michters, OF likely as well. Think we will be there for 3 days so we will see.

I ran into Rare, Blantons and Elmer T a week or two ago for $79.99, $149.99 and $299.99…

No. *******. Way.

Advertisement
This one is C922

I’m not 100% positive but I believe this one just came out I don’t know anyone that’s tried it yet
Yea , C is the last one released every year in September. C is usually the best batch and the highest ABV one of the 3 though last couple years they’ve tamed it a bit . I still have an unopened C920 that’s around 136 proof I believe . Been saving it cause it’s the best bourbon I’ve ever had , went through two bottles of that batch and sadly no more available once I open this one .

Yea , C is the last one released every year in September. C is usually the best batch and the highest ABV one of the 3 though last couple years they’ve tamed it a bit . I still have an opened C920 that’s around 136 proof I believe . Been saving it cause it’s the best bourbon I’ve ever had , went through two bottles of that batch and sadly no more available once I open this one .
I have to lean on a couple of my friends when it comes to details like that they are super ******* into it, I’m not that well versed yet

But they were pumped about my find as well

Advertisement
I have to lean on a couple of my friends when it comes to details like that they are super ******* into it, I’m not that well versed yet

But they were pumped about my find as well
I hear you . I had a friend who owned a liquor store I leaned on at first . We became friends because I would go in to his store to buy scotch all the time and struck up a conversation one day I was looking for I don’t remember which one but it was peated scotch and there was none . He suggested I try a bottle of EH Taylor he had behind the register and the rest is history

**** yeah thank you

I didn’t know September was the last batch so that’s super helpful
That's just the month that Heaven Hill releases it. Doesn't mean it'll be in stores near you then. The distribution is overly complex so it could be weeks or even months. I saw a C922 today.

In my opinion the ECBP is the best decently available bourbon on the market today for the price if you can find it for retail ($60-70ish). 12 year age statement barrel proof with tons of flavor. The C922 is one of the better ones to come out the last few years.

I hear you . I had a friend who owned a liquor store I leaned on at first . We became friends because I would go in to his store to buy scotch all the time and struck up a conversation one day I was looking for I don’t remember which one but it was peated scotch and there was none . He suggested I try a bottle of EH Taylor he had behind the register and the rest is history
**** yeah man it’s like passing down a legacy haha

One reason why Blantons always holds a special place for me is a friend of mine kept trying to get me into bourbon. I’m like dude it all tastes like gasoline leave me alone.

Finally he pours me something and I’m like holy ****…what is this magic?

He’s like yeah of course you would love THAT one 😂

Advertisement
That's just the month that Heaven Hill releases it. Doesn't mean it'll be in stores near you then. The distribution is overly complex so it could be weeks or even months. I saw a C922 today.

In my opinion the ECBP is the best decently available bourbon on the market today for the price if you can find it for retail ($60-70ish). 12 year age statement barrel proof with tons of flavor. The C922 is one of the better ones to come out the last few years.
I’d pay $120ish for it . I agree wholeheartedly.

Well you made my evening friend. I had a feeling it was a good catch, I honestly didn’t even realize it was BP because I see Elijah Craig here so much but it’s always just the standard stuff. I almost blew right by it.

**** yeah man it’s like passing down a legacy haha

One reason why Blantons always holds a special place for me is a friend of mine kept trying to get me into bourbon. I’m like dude it all tastes like gasoline leave me alone.

Finally he pours me something and I’m like holy ****…what is this magic?

He’s like yeah of course you would love THAT one 😂
Reminds of my cousin back in the day always telling me about the different things in the taste profile and I thought whatever until Blantons… Couldn’t miss the cherry in there at the end .

Here are some pics from the BT tour yesterday, I didnt have time for the full tour so they snuck me into their Expansion tour, didn't go into any of the warehouses, unfortunately.

Zoom in and look at the bottles in that shelf. Oof.

Screenshot_20221208_185129_Gallery.jpg

20221207_111855.jpg

20221207_113823.jpg

Screenshot_20221208_185235_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221208_185001_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221208_184943_Gallery.jpg

20221207_114319.jpg

This was the tasting at the end. Wheatley Vodka, Buffalo Trace, Weller SR, EH and Bourbon Cream. The last one is their Root Beer, he had us try the Bourbon Cream without and then with Root Beer. Tell you what, I bought a bottle to take to the lake with us for New Years, wife will love it, I may even get lucky before midnight lol.

He also told us Buffalo Trace and E.H. are identical. I'm pretty new to bourbon so idk of that's some well known fact, but that's what he told us.

Screenshot_20221208_184449_Gallery.jpg

Highly recommend taking the tour if you're ever near Frankfort. Woodford, Wild Turkey and Four Roses are all nearby too.

Advertisement
Back