If Arroyo Is Better Than Mallory Right Now?

If right now or at any point during the season Arroyo is doing just a bit better than Mallory will Mario have the cojones to put the better player out there? You gotta think about what it will do to Mallory's draft stock if he loses his job to an underclassmen. It's a position I'll be watching closely to get an early indication as to what Mario is all about.
Ah, there has been a LOT of mention by Gattis of the use of MULTIPLE ... two and even three tight ends on the field. Arroyo and Mallory will both get plenty of reps ... and Skinner might be getting quite a few as well.

Advertisement
I give up. Who said he’s running better routes. You? I saw a comment today that said Skinner was looking the best at practice does that mean we need to start in now. LOL
It's a hypothetical situation.

Good lord.

Something that could possibly happen.

VERY common in football.

Wait until RVA wakes up and sees you bullying his employees.
If he runs this place he'll probably like all the clicks and interaction I'm getting him for free.

He should get his beta goon squad to stop trying to muzzle me.

Advertisement
Arroyo is a stud TE. His physicality, route running, speed, YPC and YACs are all strong. He's a dynamic TE that can do it all. He should get serious snaps together with the other talented TEs (Mallory, Skinner et al).

Critical year for Mallory (who is talented). Will needs to do the following to get the bulk of the targets, play great for the Canes and improve his draft stock:

1) Start the year strong. Come out like a dawg & firing on all cylinders. Had a really slow start to last season. Needs to establish himself as a presence on the field & leader of the team from the first snap this season (not lose half a season like last year).

2) Be a Much More Physical Blocker. Will needs to lay some m@f@s out with his blocking. I'm a big Mallory fan & rooting hard for him to succeed but if there's one area that's been weak, it has been his blocking. He's a big dude. I'm sure he can pancake some guys with the right angles & technique...without getting injured. Arroyo has been a better blocker to date. There is huge value in this for protecting TVD & opening up the run game etc. Will needs to get way more film of him blocking effectively, if he wants his draft stock to improve. Guessing injury concerns have been a factor in this regard (in the past) but there are ways to block effectively while also limiting the risk of injury.

3) Be Dependable & Be a Leader. If he's consistent and a true security blanket for TVD, he should see a lot of action in the Gattis system. He needs to assert himself & show TVD that he's got his back from the get go. Will could have a magical season in this new system if he shows his leadership qualities from the first snap.

Hope all of our talented TEs have a great season & just crush it under Gattis. Go Canes!

This dude is like a fairy spreading their dust:

Bill Murray Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

You've been insulting people for hours straight, called someone correctly labeling your threads trash a personal insult and consider the thought of player protection to be "retarded".

Yes, everyones getting it wrong except you, little kid.
I bet you're a lot of fun at tailgates lol

Advertisement
I am. I can have normal conversations with people, drink something and celebrate.

You, on the other hand: WAAAAAAAAAA HE CALLED MY OPINIONS TRASH WAAAAAAAAA
Aren't you trying to get me banned right now?

Homie I'm at the beach sippin on a cold bloody Mary while you're trying to get me kicked off the internet.

Advertisement
Mallory in a non contact jersey for the second half of practice today. Will he stay healthy might be a better question. Mallory will not be in there for his blocking.

Advertisement
Mallory in a non contact jersey for tvery similar to the he second half of practice today. Will he stay healthy might be a better question. Mallory will not be in there for his blocking.
Adds another layer to the OP.

Will Cristobal trot an injured Mallory out there over Arroyo?

Very similar to the King/TVD scenario.

Thank you for pretty much explaining what I just said. Mallory is the big play receiver and Arroyo is the blocking TE who can also catch well. Mallory will be the starter and Arroyo will come in on 2 TE sets.
You’re welcome, but I didn’t read anything that U said. Mallory will be the starter. Arroyo is the bigger play receiver (has the ability to make every big play Mallory does) that can do everything well.

Advertisement
Back