ICYMI Nesta snags Tyson?

Advertisement
He has a few guys every year that he goes all in on and is ultimately wrong. Henderson and McFarland last year are a great example. He's not perfect.

Those guys changed their minds. McFarland's change of heart was pretty public. That's why even the most plugged in guy won't bat 1.000.

As for Nesta, it makes too much sense for him to stay. The depth chart is wide open, he has the closest relationship with Kool and his mom wants him here. He may have some fun, but I'd be shocked if he didn't end up here.

There is nothing to say these kids won't change their mind either. Pete isn't perfect. He goes by what he's told. I distinctly remember him making a prediction the moment before Alex Collins announced on TV that he would be a Cane. What happens? He put on that **** Razorback hat. His mother famously didn't know or want him to go! That's just my point. Pete goes all in on kids and assures the masses that it won't happen when he himself will admit he doesn't know for sure and he can only go by his sources. Sources lie or are lied to. Sources change how close they are to a situation. I don't mind it but I can tell it gasses up the site and when there is a let down, well... we all know how that goes. It's just the business of recruiting.

Huge difference between Nesta's family situation and Alex Collins' family situation. Nesta LIVES with his parents who attend every game/event he participates in locally. They are incredibly devoted parents and have not missed any game I've attended. Alex Collins lived with Doug Guntwood and didn't have all that much to do with his mother and even less to do with his father. While Nesta may go somewhere else, their situations are completely different.

Didn't Guntwood have issues in Arkansas or was fired?

#karma

Not sure why you guys are down voting me, I'm just giving my opinion based on all the info that's been provided & that I've obtained. I'm not saying he's 100% gone, I just don't feel confident in his commitment. Same thing I've always said about Jobe.
Nothing wrong with that. Pete does a great job but no one is perfect, especially when people beg for opinions on a constant basis. You either stay quiet and everyone complains, or you take chances and have it held against you. Tough gig. I respect Pete for sticking to his guns, as he should.

Serious question: why do some of you get so worked up over recruiting? I mean, kids are going to choose who they choose in the end, you or I have absolutely no input, influence, or power in the matter. I would understand if you were a recruiter/coach for UM and had a vested interest in following this social media fiasco. Now, if you get some joy out of torturing yourself over some high school kid's life, then by all means follow recruiting, but some of you just seem so miserable at times. Season is here in less than a month, lets enjoy it and hope that we dominate.

A lot of you need to realize that in order for these recruits to be able to go on the recruiting visits and get the treatment and benefits of being a top target of these schools, they need to show interest and openness.

Blades was showing Tennessee a lot of interest.

Advertisement
Serious question: why do some of you get so worked up over recruiting? I mean, kids are going to choose who they choose in the end, you or I have absolutely no input, influence, or power in the matter. I would understand if you were a recruiter/coach for UM and had a vested interest in following this social media fiasco. Now, if you get some joy out of torturing yourself over some high school kid's life, then by all means follow recruiting, but some of you just seem so miserable at times. Season is here in less than a month, lets enjoy it and hope that we dominate.

A lot of people are definitely too emotionally unstable to handle the letdowns of recruiting.

As for why people care about recruiting? It's the lifeblood of college football, and we're all on this board because we're pretty obsessed with the Canes (or trolling)

A lot of people are definitely too emotionally unstable to handle the letdowns of recruiting.

As for why people care about recruiting? It's the lifeblood of college football, and we're all on this board because we're pretty obsessed with the Canes (or trolling)

it's great to follow recruiting. however, I am of the belief that even these kids don't know where they will sign until days before the letter is faxed to them. there's no point in investing anything or saying inane statements like "Miami leads." because those claims are baseless. we will most definitely lose some of our current commits, but we will also steal some commits from other schools. kind of interesting to see there's a whole group of people basing their entire livelihood on this simple but ultimately moot phenomenon

8a32175a42b58dc4800457b5fd276f6a.png

Advertisement
A lot of you need to realize that in order for these recruits to be able to go on the recruiting visits and get the treatment and benefits of being a top target of these schools, they need to show interest and openness.

That's different, everyone knew Blades was trolling, he was 100% always going to be a Cane. TC and Nesta have actual interest in the schools there in contact with, retweeting, ect.

Last edited:

That's different, everyone knew Blades was trolling, he was 100% always going to be a Cane. TC and Nesta have actual interest in the schools there in contact with, retweeting, ect.

Because you say so? Because their fathers did not go to UM? Because you are desperate to keep up the illusion of Gaytor "recruiting momentum" after you accepted a pill-popping rageaholic who had to go thousands of miles to outrun his reputation and find the one Division I program that would give him a scholarship?

lol go back and read the blades thread. people freaked out w every tennessee post or edit

Advertisement

lol go back and read the blades thread. people freaked out w every tennessee post or edit

Yep. lol at "everybody knew Blades was trolling". There were a good dozen pages or so of people wetting their pants.

Yep. lol at "everybody knew Blades was trolling". There were a good dozen pages or so of people wetting their pants.
Yep

Only retards didn't know what he was doing. I think what people were doing was getting impatient for his commitment.

Advertisement
He has a few guys every year that he goes all in on and is ultimately wrong. Henderson and McFarland last year are a great example. He's not perfect.

Those guys changed their minds. McFarland's change of heart was pretty public. That's why even the most plugged in guy won't bat 1.000.

As for Nesta, it makes too much sense for him to stay. The depth chart is wide open, he has the closest relationship with Kool and his mom wants him here. He may have some fun, but I'd be shocked if he didn't end up here.

There is nothing to say these kids won't change their mind either. Pete isn't perfect. He goes by what he's told. I distinctly remember him making a prediction the moment before Alex Collins announced on TV that he would be a Cane. What happens? He put on that **** Razorback hat. His mother famously didn't know or want him to go! That's just my point. Pete goes all in on kids and assures the masses that it won't happen when he himself will admit he doesn't know for sure and he can only go by his sources. Sources lie or are lied to. Sources change how close they are to a situation. I don't mind it but I can tell it gasses up the site and when there is a let down, well... we all know how that goes. It's just the business of recruiting.

But that literally goes for every recruit. Lingard could change his mind too.

This time last year, Jeff Thomas was set on Missouri. He changed his mind and it worked in our favor.

Pete can only report what a recruit is currently feeling. Guys like you expect him to see the future, it's just ridiculous. McFarland, by his own mouth, was going to commit to Miami up until the week of his announcement. Henderson, again by his own mouth, changed his mind the weekend before NSD.

And people, including Tweed, are seriously underestimating Coach Kool. Last year, everyone thought DJ Johnson would end up back on the West Coast. It didn't happen, largely because Kool is the best in the business.

But that literally goes for every recruit. Lingard could change his mind too.

This time last year, Jeff Thomas was set on Missouri. He changed his mind and it worked in our favor.

Pete can only report what a recruit is currently feeling. Guys like you expect him to see the future, it's just ridiculous. McFarland, by his own mouth, was going to commit to Miami up until the week of his announcement. Henderson, again by his own mouth, changed his mind the weekend before NSD.

And people, including Tweed, are seriously underestimating Coach Kool. Last year, everyone thought DJ Johnson would end up back on the West Coast. It didn't happen, largely because Kool is the best in the business.

Guys like me don't expect him to predict the future. The point here is that there is a lot of evidence, whether we want to acknowledge it or not, that Nesta is at the very least heavily considering Florida. Our posters come on here and act like "because Pete said so, it's okay." I understand how recruiting works. I've been following it for almost 15 years now. I know how sources work and how kids are still kids. But people ignoring **** because Pete says so are setting themselves, and ultimately this board, up for a nuclear meltdown. That's all I'm saying

I'm sure nesta does have real interest in UF, they took 3 of his teammates last year and are probably gonna take two more this year so he will be hearing a lot of pro gator stuff from them. A 9 or 10 win season is a must or it gives these kids that are on the fence an out to flip if we win 8. Like Pete and Dmoney have said nesta's mom wants him at Miami. Until UF flips her I think he will be a cane.

I'm not underestimating anyone. I just voiced my opinion. If a kid is "100" on "don't ever question my loyalty to Miami", you wouldn't have threads and rumors about a kid "looking around" or "possible decommitment". Rumors which are 100% started at the hands of said rectuit(s).

Advertisement
Back