I think X not playing will be

Agreed. It’s always a blessing when your good players don’t play.
This. I’ve read some silly *** **** on this board over the years but losing your best route runner , most consistent wr and one of our best leaders is not a positive. Stop the lunacy. If we win it’ll be because everyone stepped up , not because our best wr is out. We’ll show different things and A&M will dare us to beat them 1 v 1.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This. I’ve read some silly *** **** on this board over the years but losing your best route runner , most consistent wr and one of our best leaders is not a positive. Stop the lunacy. If we win it’ll be because everyone stepped up , not because our best wr is out.

One thing though he might be right about is that they will not really know who TVD might key on on crucial conversions . I figure X was going to have an X on his back anyways and they would force TVD to go elsewhere to beat them.

But someone does need to step up. Maybe using Knighton in the back field with Parrish and using him in the passing game if he is close now to 100%.

A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.
I'll give you credit for staying positive and applying the Ewing Theory.....but i think you crazy lol

Even if TAMU focused on X to take away TVD's security blanket, that would essentially open up match-ups for other guys.

So no, it's not a blessing.
People just say anything to pump sunshine, its like our best wr who had like majority marketshare of catches who built great chemistry with qb who has been unquestioned leader in position group.

Advertisement
This. I’ve read some silly *** **** on this board over the years but losing your best route runner , most consistent wr and one of our best leaders is not a positive. Stop the lunacy. If we win it’ll be because everyone stepped up , not because our best wr is out. We’ll show different things and A&M will dare us to beat them 1 v 1.

People just say weird *** ****, man. My boy texted me last night and said that KC is better without Tyreek. What in the **** do people smoke? Could they be a better team this year? Sure. But if you put this exact same team together, but took off MVS and added Tyreek, they're better. He's an elite player. This stuff makes no sense to me.

A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.

9E0DC515-7789-444F-9092-D2F44691815B.gif

As a DC, if I found out that an opposing team's best/most reliable pass catcher was out, it would relieve me.
I wouldn't be like "oh no, now he's gonna throw to so many other people!"

The WR that I was worried about minimalizing just got completely minimalized by the circumstances. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t believe me? Just watch.

It's still not a "blessing in disguise" by any stretch. Being down a go-to, top receiver and quarterback's favorite target is not a positive.

Can Miami overcome this? Sure. Can other receivers step up with X on the sideline? Sure. Can the Canes prevail? Sure.

It's still not a blessing in disguise and UM would be better with Restrepo on the field Saturday night. Period.

Advertisement
It's a grievous loss..

That’s why it’s a blessing “in disguise “? Sure, on paper it looks bad. But it could end up forcing a display of offensive eclecticism that very well may give us the edge to blow this game wide open…
Its only week 3, but this has a shot at being the craziest comment of the year. Taking one of your best players out can't ever be a good idea. At key moments the best players have to shine. If they aren't available, no shine. And you having this non silver lining somehow blowing the game "wide open" is just nuts.

Advertisement
Why do I have to leave? I’m sure you’ve always been right…right? Did you have to leave? You’re here, spewing, so I assume your batting 1000% on every prediction, conviction, and prognostication, right? Lol. Foh.
Don't leave this site and don't take these comments to heart. People on this site are understandably scared before every game and we will not accept any form of positivity without becoming angry at the person who brings a positive viewpoint in advance of a game.
We are all suffering from 20 years of football PTSD.
I am going to put a spin on your argument.

Restrepo being out has the potential to become a positive in that our passing game will have to rely on more receivers AND for this to be a positive, we believe that the team possesses the receivers to make this a reality.

One more thing in your favor. 99% of the posters on this site were convinced last season we would finish 2-10 once King was hurt and some no-name QB from Connecticut or Vermont or Rhode Island, or Utah took over. That worked out pretty well.
And as an "old head" I can remember a lot of people being worried in 1989 when Bernard Clark had to start at MLB against Notre Dame. That worked out pretty well.

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Advertisement
I get what you intended here, Cane. You'd rather have X, but there may be a silver lining to his being out.

Cut the bull chit; what’s ur real account or who did u use to be on this board? No way a random from 9/10/22 out of no where starts a thread & sunshine pump when tragedy hit.

I do agree w/ u, though; this very well could be a blessing in disguise, a silver lining if u will. Gives a young pup an opportunity to step up.
I said the same thing. He from here. Lol

Advertisement
Back