I think X not playing will be

Advertisement
You're defending yourself against ppl who don't know **** about team ball and how to overcome adversity. In the 2 previous gms, guys are running wide open and TVD is being too decisive to get the ball to x. On the TD to x in the Bethune gm, there was a post route on the same side with no one near him,he pumped it and threw to x. Yes it was a score but he predetermined where he was going presnap and did not read the field. Scouts/coaches will break this down and use his tendencies against him (not just for this game but future conf games).

Some of y'all need to stop cuddling TVD. He needs to get the same heat anyone else would get for making bonehead decisions and plays. Constructive criticism builds up character and motivates better work ethics. That cuddling **** holds a **** back and yields their progress.
Scoring is bad?
Go back to the basement..

Advertisement
No disrespect to X, but he doesn't move the needle enough in my opinion to where this would be a deciding factor in the game. I hope he's back sooner rather than later, but his absence will not be an excuse should we lose.

I tend to agree. Would have been great to keep him and it’s unfortunate for the guy. But I don’t recall anyone touting him as our best guy until the narrative started that everyone else couldn’t catch a football.. which has turned out to be way overblown.

Yes, he runs sharp routes and he and TVD have the best chemistry. They’re roommates and are together **** near 24/7. Phrasing may not have been the best, but the point the OP was trying to make is that it’s going to force him to develop that rhythm and chemistry with other guys and spread it around. It’s a logical suggestion, even if everyone got hung up on the word “blessing.” That chemistry TVD has with X is great and all, but we can’t expect anybody to significantly improve if he keeps staring down X and targeting him nearly half the time. Other guys have been open PLENTY.

Is it a direct positive in the A&M game that Restrepo is out? Of course not, that’s ridiculous. The point is that it COULD be somewhat beneficial in the long run for the offense as a whole. OR, as I said in another post, it could prove everyone right that we have nobody at WR. 🤷🏼‍♂️

He’s a future draft pick right ? How you think it’s going to be on the league ? If TVD as good as advertise including from me then he should have no problem I want 280 plus passing n 3 TD
You don’t have to be a #1 draft pick to have value.

TVD has to step up, I’m with you there, but there is no positive to your most consistent WR being out. Sure, it gives other dudes opportunities and they need to capitalize on that, but this game is not a game to be experimenting hoping someone shines.

Advertisement

TVD has to step up, I’m with you there, but there is no positive to your most consistent WR being out. Sure, it gives other dudes opportunities and they need to capitalize on that, but this game is not a game to be experimenting hoping someone shines.
It's not an experiment, it's reality. Injuries happen and we don't get to determine who and when. Maybe he's your most consistent wr bcuz your qb don't spread the rock around. Our wrs do not have a drop this season and they are getting open( I personally seen it from my seats). Really bad that fans are making x out to be amongst the best wrs to come thru the U

Who the **** count the number of posts or looks at how long a poster has been on and neg what they and stating how long they’ve been on.
I don’t care to disparage people but that is dumb!
There are (adult/grown) kids on this site too...the same ones that jump on a OP when they disagree but do not bring content or facts to support their rant

It's not an experiment, it's reality. Injuries happen and we don't get to determine who and when. Maybe he's your most consistent wr bcuz your qb don't spread the rock around. Our wrs do not have a drop this season and they are getting open( I personally seen it from my seats). Really bad that fans are making x out to be amongst the best wrs to come thru the U
Where did I say X was a UM legend? I said he’s been our most consistent WR, which is true. Relax.

I really don’t get it either. He’s been our most consistent, but that tends to happen when your QB has been locking onto him nearly half the time.

It’s not like nobody else has been open; in fact, I’ve seen plenty of open routes that weren’t targeted. We haven’t seen the narrative of all the drops come to fruition, and I’m kind of curious as to how that even really started. Did they just magically remember how to catch during the games?

Advertisement
You're defending yourself against ppl who don't know **** about team ball and how to overcome adversity. In the 2 previous gms, guys are running wide open and TVD is being too decisive to get the ball to x. On the TD to x in the Bethune gm, there was a post route on the same side with no one near him,he pumped it and threw to x. Yes it was a score but he predetermined where he was going presnap and did not read the field. Scouts/coaches will break this down and use his tendencies against him (not just for this game but future conf games).

Some of y'all need to stop cuddling TVD. He needs to get the same heat anyone else would get for making bonehead decisions and plays. Constructive criticism builds up character and motivates better work ethics. That cuddling **** holds a **** back and yields their progress.
Criticism from here, constructive or not, doesn't build anything except the posts count.

Advertisement
I tend to agree. Would have been great to keep him and it’s unfortunate for the guy. But I don’t recall anyone touting him as our best guy until the narrative started that everyone else couldn’t catch a football.. which has turned out to be way overblown.

Yes, he runs sharp routes and he and TVD have the best chemistry. They’re roommates and are together **** near 24/7. Phrasing may not have been the best, but the point the OP was trying to make is that it’s going to force him to develop that rhythm and chemistry with other guys and spread it around. It’s a logical suggestion, even if everyone got hung up on the word “blessing.” That chemistry TVD has with X is great and all, but we can’t expect anybody to significantly improve if he keeps staring down X and targeting him nearly half the time. Other guys have been open PLENTY.

Is it a direct positive in the A&M game that Restrepo is out? Of course not, that’s ridiculous. The point is that it COULD be somewhat beneficial in the long run for the offense as a whole. OR, as I said in another post, it could prove everyone right that we have nobody at WR. 🤷🏼‍♂️
In your same response, you say that you "tend to agree" with the original poster.

Then you say, "Is it a direct positive in the A&M game that Restrepo is out?

Well, the poster's point was that X being out would help win tonight's game. He said nothing about the long term impact.

You should have stopped with the, "Of course not, that’s ridiculous"

I can agree with that.

Lol this thread is ridiculous. Of course not having one of our 5 best players sucks.

Did any of you actually play football?

TVD was poor last week, he’ll be better this week. But in what universe does not having his favorite wr help us?

I want to see if DVD can't get the job done if giving the time to throw. Without being lock on to one player. Simply can he get the job done. Read the routes n control the game. Of course everything is based on protection n play calling

Advertisement
Back