I think X not playing will be

A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.
Seek help.

Advertisement
In your same response, you say that you "tend to agree" with the original poster.

Then you say, "Is it a direct positive in the A&M game that Restrepo is out?

Well, the poster's point was that X being out would help win tonight's game. He said nothing about the long term impact.

You should have stopped with the, "Of course not, that’s ridiculous"

What? You may want to reread the post I was quoting. He didn’t say it would help win the game, and I certainly don’t believe X getting hurt “helps” Miami win this game. Long term, yes, it could *possibly* help TVD find more chemistry with other WRs instead of keying in on his security blanket nearly half the time.

Look at his YAC compare to Smith. And if u think knowing the playbook and having better timing don’t give you a advantage then I’ll like to know your thought process. Only thing X have over Smith is consistent hands and knowing the playbook. X don’t have that WOW factor like Smith. Against ATM I don’t want check down X I want WOW DID HE JUST DO THAT ?
Well fortunately for X, you're not his coach.
People that know football, understand that there's more than "wow factor" when looking at a player.

The best WR in the NFL right now has zero wow factor in his game, yet he continues to abuse defensive backs and catch a million footballs.

X is better than Smith at everything except running in a straight line. Way better route runner, more reliable hands, better football savvy, harder to tackle, tougher, harder worker.

There's a reason NFL scouts visited Miami and mentioned Restrepo and not any of our other receivers.

How many catches does X have in 3yrs at the U? My point is, he is not someone that can not be replaced and effectively. I like x, so don't get me wrong but making him out to be Santana, Andre, or AR82 is crazy If TVD is all that, those other receivers will shine.
I don't give a **** how many catches he has. He's our best wide receiver right now. He doesn't have to be Andre Johnson or Santana to be a loss.

I really don’t get it either. He’s been our most consistent, but that tends to happen when your QB has been locking onto him nearly half the time.

It’s not like nobody else has been open; in fact, I’ve seen plenty of open routes that weren’t targeted. We haven’t seen the narrative of all the drops come to fruition, and I’m kind of curious as to how that even really started. Did they just magically remember how to catch during the games?
He's not the most consistent because our quarterback locks on to him.
The quarterback locks on to him because he's the most consistent.

You've got it backwards.

And Restrepo earned this title through practices. This has been going on since he got at Miami. He's BEEN killing it on Greentree.

He earned his reputation because nobody can cover him in practice. And it's been that way since he stepped on campus.

There's guys in the NFL that have zero wow factor in their game but they make a living on this type of WR play. Reliability, savvy and the ability to get open.

Advertisement
He's not the most consistent because our quarterback locks on to him.
The quarterback locks on to him because he's the most consistent.

You've got it backwards.

And Restrepo earned this title through practices. This has been going on since he got at Miami. He's BEEN killing it on Greentree.

He earned his reputation because nobody can cover him in practice. And it's been that way since he stepped on campus.

There's guys in the NFL that have zero wow factor in their game but they make a living on this type of WR play. Reliability, savvy and the ability to get open.

Eh, I just don’t know if I agree. I watched TVD miss multiple open guys against SM because he was looking for X.

I’m not trying to say the guy sucks; I just think the gap between him and our other guys has been way overblown. Sometime during camp a narrative started that he was literally the only one who could consistently catch, and that has also proven to be overblown.

He’s a reliable WR, but he’s never going to be a game-breaking type of guy. We need other guys to step up into that role. That’s just the way I see it.

Eh, I just don’t know if I agree. I watched TVD miss multiple open guys against SM because he was looking for X.

I’m not trying to say the guy sucks; I just think the gap between him and our other guys has been way overblown. Sometime during camp a narrative started that he was the only one who could catch, and that has also proven to be overblown.

He’s a reliable WR, but he’s never going to be a game-breaking type of guy. We need other guys to step up into that role. That’s just the way I see it.
The thing is reliable dependable guys win you games.. And I am the "speeeeeed gamebreaking explosive play" guy on here.. Think of Berrios against FSU that year in tally, do we win without him? Last drive guy had huge catches, we do need other guys to step up but Restrepo was/is that guy NOWWWW for us and he wont play. He was a big part of our gameplan and it hurts to lose him.. Of course Macho is biased as he coached the kid but he is not wrong either

The thing is reliable dependable guys win you games.. And I am the "speeeeeed gamebreaking explosive play" guy on here.. Think of Berrios against FSU that year in tally, do we win without him? Last drive guy had huge catches, we do need other guys to step up but Restrepo was/is that guy NOWWWW for us and he wont play. He was a big part of our gameplan and it hurts to lose him.. Of course Macho is biased as he coached the kid but he is not wrong either

I do wish we had him for this game, never helps to lose one of your most reliable players before a big game. I just want TVD to start spreading it around a bit more, because teams are absolutely going to do what they can to take away his security blanket.

Also, while even that can open up opportunities for other guys, they kind of need to be on the same page before we can actually take advantage of it to the fullest extent. So far, he hasn’t exactly been on the same page with other guys.

Advertisement
I do wish we had him for this game, never helps to lose one of your most reliable players before a big game. I just want TVD to start spreading it around a bit more, because teams are absolutely going to do what they can to take away his security blanket.

Also, while even that can open up opportunities for other guys, they kind of need to be on the same page before we can actually take advantage of it to the fullest extent. So far, he hasn’t exactly been on the same page with other guys.
I agree with you there. I saw TVD staring guys that are double covered, double pat the ball and throw to them regardless while others were open.. So definitely understand that thought process. I hope we dont try to force the ball to Mallory because Restrepo isnt there. Those have been his guys..

I agree with you there. I saw TVD staring guys that are double covered, double pat the ball and throw to them regardless while others were open.. So definitely understand that thought process. I hope we dont try to force the ball to Mallory because Restrepo isnt there. Those have been his guys..

I’ve been thinking about forcing to Mallory as well.. he shows flashes of being dangerous but they need to incorporate Arroyo into the passing game more. Really think he has the ability to be a big-time TE

I’ve been thinking about forcing to Mallory as well.. he shows flashes of being dangerous but they need to incorporate Arroyo into the passing game more. Really think he has the ability to be a big-time TE
I was a big Mallory fan but it just never clicked and his MINUS blocking really hurts the offense overall.. His catching isnt special enough to make up for it.. If he was a threat like Brock Bowers then you look other way and just accept it but dude needs to be more impact to be that bad of blocker.. Arroyo is ready

Advertisement
I don't give a **** how many catches he has. He's our best wide receiver right now. He doesn't have to be Andre Johnson or Santana to be a loss.
You throwing this word "best" around like he's actually broke thru at the U and turned into cooper kupp with the 20+ career catches he has. Dude, you making me talk down on the guy to prove my point that he is not a "can't function or win w/out him" guy. I actually like the guy but ****, some of y'all think this is a no win situation w/out x. He's your Heisman for the team, good for you. I'm the "go canes" guy not the "go x" guy

Those are reporters, writers, YouTubers who's giving us those camp observations. When we get to see the team for ourselves, we always find out their reports were bullsh1t. They've lost all credibility to judge camps. Right now, they're our only Intel to what's going on during the spring and summer so we listen to pass time.
I hope ur right. But based on what I've seen in Games 1 and 2...either Gattis is seriously holding back his stuff (pause) or our WRs are what they've shown so far (which imo is a direct cause of the OFF scheme)...

We'll find out in about 90 min...

Advertisement
A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.
Self ban for possibly the worst take ever?

I’m not trying to say the guy sucks; I just think the gap between him and our other guys has been way overblown. Sometime during camp a narrative started that he was literally the only one who could consistently catch, and that has also proven to be overblown.

Wanna rethink this bro?

My reply earlier:

Advertisement
Back