I think X not playing will be

I understand the point you were trying to make but you dont ever, ever want your best player out. They can be keyed or focused on all day but you still have to stop them and I dont think A&M has anyone that could cover X 1 on 1 in the slot.

Advertisement
A man who will wear a t- shirt at the FSU game that says “the king is in the field” on the front and a list of soft *** posters on the back and DARE one of you **** boys to say something.

drunk-comedy.gif

It is a next man up situation.
As has been mentioned in other threads this is an opportunity for Brashard to get involved.
Also expect to see more TE's in the slot which is a strength of ours.

A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.

Watch us get to the conclusion of Saturday's game and come to find out we actually had some straight up ballerz sitting behind X just biding their time. That's the "work in our favor" I'm looking forward to seeing. The cream rises to the top. Some dude in that room is going to stand out.

Advertisement
A blessing in disguise on Saturday night. I think it will do 2 things that will ultimately work in our favor for a big win. First of all, A&M won’t know who to take away. They won’t be able to key on TVD’s security blanket on crucial down and distance, which leads to my second point. TVD will be forced to be more “open minded” offensively, in that he won’t be staring down and ultimately forcing anything to X. X being out actually calms the one catastrophic scenario that probably would’ve sank us, and that’s an interception by one of their corners jumping a route via anticipating TVD going to Restrepo in that crucial moment. I think Gattis will call a great game that will keep A&M’s defense off balance the entire game and we see multiple guys contributing offensively. With X out, I think we see a beautifully balanced attack and will win this game convincingly.
I said this on TOS. X is TVDs favorite option. We’ve have many options open (TE specifically) that look wide open in the 1st to games. So to me, I think TVD will scan the field more and look for the best option instead of defaulting to X since he is his best option to TVD (and normally the best option period).

I understand the point you were trying to make but you dont ever, ever want your best player out. They can be keyed or focused on all day but you still have to stop them and I dont think A&M has anyone that could cover X 1 on 1 in the slot.
That’s the thing though. IS X our “best” receiver? I will definitely concede that he is our most consistent/reliable receiver, but the “best”? Like my man said- the cream will always rise to the top. This is a wonderful opportunity to see what these kids can really do. This is a wonderful opportunity for one of these kids to introduce themselves to the cfb world and make a name for themselves. Life gives lemons…I’m actually intrigued to see how this lemonade turns out….

Advertisement
That’s the thing though. IS X our “best” receiver? I will definitely concede that he is our most consistent/reliable receiver, but the “best”? Like my man said- the cream will always rise to the top. This is a wonderful opportunity to see what these kids can really do. This is a wonderful opportunity for one of these kids to introduce themselves to the cfb world and make a name for themselves. Life gives lemons…I’m actually intrigued to see how this lemonade turns out….
Good point for 27th post , maybe a star will be born🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

On a serious note, I kinda see what OP is saying. Only problem with this analogy is, "what happens when our WRs turn out to be who we thought they were, based on camp reports and Games 1 and 2"?

Upsets happen all the time though, guys who have underperformed, all of a sudden have monster games.

But I'll have a drink to your point OP....here's to hoping you're right...because if you're wrong....we get stomped Sat night

Things are changing. We have all suffered PTSD over the past 15 years or so. Life is cyclical. We are on the way back up…and games like this are what serve as catalyst to the resurgence of programs like ours. We gotta have this game. Get this one and the climb back just becomes expedited. The Brandon Innis’ and Cormanis’ of the world that are on the fence are ours to lose.

Advertisement
OP's logic is sound. I won't call it a blessing, but all due respect to X, who is one of my favorites on the team, if not having him causes us to lose a game, then we've got bigger problems as a program.

Other Receivers gotta step up, and not just in receptions, but all the other little things X provides that don't show up on the stat sheet.

O
M
G

Advertisement
Screenshot_2022-01-14-22-41-52-1.png

Advertisement
Back