(I’m Hoping for Some) A. W. News

Advertisement
Absolutely. He’s been here a year. If he doesn’t know what his assignments are by now then he’s retarded or lazy. One of the 2. I understand he had the heart issue but he was full go until this happened.
I don’t think it’s about his knowledge of the playbook. He hasn’t practised all fall camp, not even a second. He’s not even allowed to work out on campus, so who knows what his conditioning level is currently. Plus, he has to participate in 3 practises before he’s even allowed to wear pads. Which means he’d have maybe 2 days to practise in pads max because Thursday/Friday is the walk through and travel day when they only wear shells. I just don’t see how he’s going to be the best option to be in the Alabama game, even to run down on specials. I think at this point, you have roll with the guys you have.

I don’t think it’s about his knowledge of the playbook. He hasn’t practised all fall camp, not even a second. He’s not even allowed to work out on campus, so who knows what his conditioning level is currently. Plus, he has to participate in 3 practises before he’s even allowed to wear pads. Which means he’d have maybe 2 days to practise in pads max because Thursday/Friday is the walk through and travel day when they only wear shells. I just don’t see how he’s going to be the best option to be in the Alabama game, even to run down on specials. I think at this point, you have roll with the guys you have.
Did you see Hall last year lol?

Advertisement
The University of Miami has morphed into one of the most-liberal universities in the country over the past two decades. Football has been tolerated since Donna Shalala took over and Dr. Julio Frenk is ridiculously hands off. As long as the ACC and adidas money comes in—and the players stay out of legal trouble—the top brass is happy.

Public perception is that Miami is full of a slew of kids like Avante Williams doing hoodlum-like stuff—the 80's paid bounty era, Pell Grant fraud in the 90's or the Shapiro scandal—which is why you can see the admin punting on the kid.

I hope they are pragmatic and make a well-thought out decision—but can seem them not wanting the bad press or headache, as Miami isn't a football factory that is going to make football factory decisions to overlook things like this.
Disagree. This couldn't be further from the public perception of Miami.

The ironic thing is that if he weren't a football player, the administration probably never would've found out about this and this would all be a non-story.
It was made public by The Herald. They posted the video of his arraignment. The school would absolutely have found out.

Advertisement
this kid already completely let down his school, teammates and coaches by not being able to get on the field for Bama. he absolutely put bruises on his 30 week pregnant gf and regardless is about to bring a 3rd child into the world by age 20.

We need more Mike Harley & Deejay Dallas and less Avantae Williams

If he's coming back I think it will be a Friday afternoon news dump as to get as little (negative) national attention as possible.

Did you see Hall last year lol?
Haha. I get it, but I just think we’d be setting Avantae up to fail and essentially the team. I’d rather roll with Balom, Kitchens or JW and let Avantae get back into the swing of things. I don’t think AW playing increases your chances of winning at all so why force him into action so quick. Let him get his conditioning and reps in practise, get him ready for running the ACC.

Advertisement
this kid already completely let down his school, teammates and coaches by not being able to get on the field for Bama. he absolutely put bruises on his 30 week pregnant gf and regardless is about to bring a 3rd child into the world by age 20.

We need more Mike Harley & Deejay Dallas and less Avantae Williams
Wait third?? Like he has created three children? Is this guy going for the cromartie record ?

Advertisement
lmao, yes. Why would the HC be over admissions...
Our fans are morons. Amazing how they think that the football program should be allowed to do anything they want, as if the rest of the school doesn't exist. There's no positive in bringing this kid back, he has shown a propensity to make dumbass decisions(Multiple kids, multiple baby mamas). It's a matter of time before he does something stupid again. Keep in mind, dropping charges does not mean he didn't do it, it merely means that they couldn't prosecute(IE victim chose not to participate)

Let him continue his career somewhere else.

The only Title IX consideration in play here is that, if Avantae does assault or sexually harass a female student or any female on campus in the future, the university will be accused of allowing a known risk on campus. This is the way Title IX is at issue with Avantae.
You can’t say there’s no Title IX consideration and say this. This is the crux of the Title IX issue, especially in this climate. I’m fully aware that the young woman isn’t a student. Has nothing to do with what I’m pointing out.

Advertisement
Back