(I’m Hoping for Some) A. W. News

Advertisement
Today, USCw 2nd-year WR Bru McCoy had felony DV charges dropped by the LA DA’s office. He was expected to be a key player on offense this season. He has not been readmitted, yet.

Media response to AW’s reinstatement, and McCoy’s will be interesting.

But hey, F-USCw and F-The Media (most)!

The school made the decision and I support it as I said I would support whatever was decided by the school.

This is part of locking those threads. We didn’t need posters bashing the kid and turning things into an ugly war when the matter wasn’t resolved and he could return, regardless of the situation.

I think they need to look at modifying their initial reactions in the future in some situations - more going to an administrative leave type of thing to start as opposed to outright dismissal. This is more measured and gives them more flexibility to reinstate pending other factors as things develop.

This type thing has always been handled by indefinite suspension. After that, sometimes a player would be dismissed, other times reinstated.

They could have done that here but the optics of the charges in the current political climate made that a no go.

haha well as a former um student affairs admin and faculty, i can say that i have never met a bigger collective of spineless yes-people in my life (no offense if you are one, but you know what i'm saying is true). there are exceptions around, but pretty much everyone is either a true believer in whitely's crap or doesn't have the stones to call out bull**** where they see it.
Haha Im just the Intramural guy. Wont say much but i get what youre saying

Advertisement
Avante will not play the first 6 games

Just about what I expected. He missed the entire camp, I don’t think he’d have made much of an impact at safety anyway early in the year. Maybe on special teams but this allows everyone to save face at the top, allows the kid to keep his nose clean and “pay his dues” and allows him to work himself into game shape, learn the system, and compete for a job.

He should play in the FSU game at least. We should be well into the 2 and 3 deep in the second half.

Advertisement
Does AW sign an NIL deal with this lawyer?
Ahhhh that's so ****ed!

*but also me for the past few minutes*
muttley-dog-laughing.gif

So he'll be back on 10/23 for NC State assuming he does everything he needs to do. I kind of wish it was 5 games so he could help us against UNC.

Advertisement
Back