(I’m Hoping for Some) A. W. News

You sure? His attorney said this to the Athletic like a day or two ago:

"Avantae has a lot of other options, but the University of Miami is home. He's just waiting to get back in school and back on the field," Etienne told The Athletic. "My opinion is if Manny (Diaz) was the decision maker, Avantae would have been reinstated already."

I think he maybe has been suspended from school indefinitely and dismissed from the team. So waiting a decision on reinstatement for both.
Think he meant he just wants to get back to his normal life.

Id be surprised if he got kicked out just for the charges but I’m obviously not sure.

Advertisement
Was it Manny or the school that dismissed him? Cribby eluded to him being dismissed rather immediately which seems like a would have come from the coach initially but at some point the university likely got involved.

Think he meant he just wants to get back to his normal life.

Id be surprised if he got kicked out just for the charges but I’m obviously not sure.

Yeah I don't think he has been expelled, but I could see suspended for sure and thus not taking classes right now.

Advertisement
The University of Miami has morphed into one of the most-liberal universities in the country over the past two decades….

Based on what, do you say this? UM did not “morph into into this”, any more than other major university.

All major universities are very liberal. That’s the nature of the beast.

Reoffends sure I agree about the CYA approach being taken. But charges were dropped so legally speaking he never offended the first time.
Legally, you're right but, with the school's reputation and standing involved, just putting yourself in a situation to be arrested is an offense. In the court of public opinion, if nowhere else. Not saying I agree with that, but it's reality.

Advertisement
Not true at all. Schools has Title IX considerations for stuff like this too.
People keep bringing up Title IX; so, I need to point this out. To my understanding, the incident leading to the arrest occurred off-campus. I am not aware that the young lady involved is a UM student. Thus, the university has no cause to discipline Avantae under Title IX.
The only Title IX consideration in play here is that, if Avantae does assault or sexually harass a female student or any female on campus in the future, the university will be accused of allowing a known risk on campus. This is the way Title IX is at issue with Avantae.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Based on what, do you say this? UM did not “morph into into this”, any more than other major university.

All major universities are very liberal. That’s the nature of the beast.
That guy is a clown. I was gonna respond but im thinking might just be one 9f the idiots who think they are doctors while taking horse medicine to cure covid. Man getting into an altercation with his woman, which is something as old as time, is called a hoodlum.

Absolutely. He’s been here a year. If he doesn’t know what his assignments are by now then he’s retarded or lazy. One of the 2. I understand he had the heart issue but he was full go until this happened.

He also hasn’t been with the team nor practiced in the last few weeks and is totally unfamiliar with whatever installation they’re going through. So he’s not necessarily in game shape, practice shape, and is still not practicing during pregame practices yet

Advertisement
Back