(I’m Hoping for Some) A. W. News

Never ceases to amaze me how many assumptions and innuendo go on here in many situations. The only people who know what happened are Tae and the girl. The rest is all speculation and the usual bull****.

Certainly the powers that be have enough information to make a decision best for the entire university and the 2 parties involved in the incident.

Advertisement
How is that acknowledging anything? There’s lots of things playing into a suspension. He has fault in this whole soap opera and he hasn’t exactly been an angel here but that doesn’t mean he hit her.
I think he’s saying they would have to say why was he suspended or it opens the door up for more questions especially if you put out a statement saying he was innocent and we’re glad justice prevailed but suspended him for that same action you say he was innocent of.

If they knew he hit her he’ll be gone.
He technically is gone. They are seeing if they can bring him back since no charges were filed.

It was likely the pictures and her going to the hospital that forced their hand initially.

Nobody wants to “know”. Willful ignorance is best in these situations.

His attorney may not “know”.

I think he’s saying they would have to say why was he suspended or it opens the door up for more questions especially if you put out a statement saying he was innocent and we’re glad justice prevailed but suspended him for that same action you say he was innocent of.
Imo he deserves a suspension. He keeps putting himself in bad situations and making dumb decisions. This all could’ve been prevented …….that doesn’t mean he beat anyone up or hit them.

Advertisement
Imo he deserves a suspension. He keeps putting himself in bad situations and making dumb decisions. This all could’ve been prevented …….that doesn’t mean he beat anyone up or hit them.
Boom so we got the official statement from UM reinstating him. Send this to public relations stat!

Make it happen @Cribby 😂

We are playing Nick saban. Who people drool over and say that ninja walks on water an can turn Bar Milo into a first round left tackle.
The guy that let Reuben Foster fail more drug tests than a suboxone clinic. The guy who pulled the player out of the stands that was suspended so he can play against Louisiana Monroe. The guy who got his players off for gun in marijuana and dui charges and they both were allowed to play the first game of the season.and that’s just what we know.
The guy that when anyone ever says that he’s not the best coach that ever lived everybody comes out of the woodwork to attack you and how stupid and foolish you are for saying that Lord Saban is not the greatest football coach ever.
So ask yourself what would that guy do with avantae Williams?

how are people asserting that he hit the girl, it was inconclusive as far as we all know. Anything else is theories and depends on your own beliefs and conjectures. This is an extremely tough situation and as it has been mentioned before, had this been at another institution he wouldve been reinstated as soon as charges were dropped/ From the looks of it, and yes this is my assumption, this was handed off to admin in order to make the best educated decision and ensure nothing resurfaces later.

Advertisement
Yeah I don't think he has been expelled, but I could see suspended for sure and thus not taking classes right now.

UM can do lots of things, like put an administrative hold on your registration for classes (which is a frequently used method for monetary non-payment issues). Buffy London (remember "Typing by Buffy", and yes, it's Brian "The Beast" London's corpulent sister) got snatched out of her 1L law school class because of transcript/payment issues.

Our fans are morons. Amazing how they think that the football program should be allowed to do anything they want, as if the rest of the school doesn't exist. There's no positive in bringing this kid back, he has shown a propensity to make dumbass decisions(Multiple kids, multiple baby mamas). It's a matter of time before he does something stupid again. Keep in mind, dropping charges does not mean he didn't do it, it merely means that they couldn't prosecute(IE victim chose not to participate)

Let him continue his career somewhere else.
Go be a fan elsewhere

Advertisement
If this kid was a 3 star or a Gator or a Nole, I am positive there would be far less "no one really knows what happened" takes.

They obviously jumped the gun and were worrying about public perception.
UM certainly jumped the gun. They should have just issued a statement to the effect that we're aware of the situation and gathering all the facts. And then waited. That would have prevented the awkward situation they're now in.

Advertisement
Its very common knowledge college towns are very liberal….. Very.

It’s not that controversial a notion, most are.

Also, so are are the majority of the administration and the faculty in most colleges not named Oral Roberts or Liberty and so forth. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing, that’s just the way it is. It has been for decades and decades. It was that way when my dad was in college.

If anything happened at all, I don’t think it’s to the extent some people think it is. “Hitting” a girl sounds bad in any context. This girl is pregnant with his child, she was living in his apartment, and he was cheating on her and she found out. I would never rule out the possibility of her getting mad enough to try and hit him too, especially if he told her to leave. That’s more than enough to get a female upset. Only her and him know what happened though, but I find it annoying how some people are making it sound like she had a black eye and a busted lip or something. It tells me a lot that the girl stated she was not “fearful” or “worried” about Avantae hurting her. Not many people talk about that quote

Its very common knowledge college towns are very liberal….. Very.
this isn't a college town. this is a metropolis with a suburban college in the middle.

regardless, the University is extremely liberal, from its trustees to administration to professors and many in the student body. liberal to the point of being radical. go and read the writing of the UM faculty of law or just about any other college within the university. you wouldn't believe their research and what they publish.

Advertisement
Back