Hurricanes coach Mark Richt on quarterback situation: ‘Malik is the starter’

DDF25863-324F-4A32-85F9-564830A359A6.jpeg

Advertisement
Syracuse would have been his biggest game without the drops. I don't use the Syracuse game as an example, because it was the one game where he, for the first half, hit every target and made good decisions. I kept saying, "He finally looks good and someone else has to mess up!"

Still, he looked extremely limited all season. Go back and watch the first 2-3 games and tell me he didn't look very, very limited in the amount of plays he could execute. It started with Bethune.

It's just a consistency thing, for me. We need more consistent QB play so our O can develop an identity. IF Rosier can be more consistent, we'll be fine, I think. However, I just wonder, what is consistently good for Rosier? What did he do last season really well? What did he do that one would want to be done consistently? Complete easy passes? Make better decisions? Hit targets in stride so they have a chance to make a bigger play? Better downfield passing? There are so many issues he needs to improve that I believe to be consistent, he needs to improve too darn much.

Here's hoping. I don't dislike him, I just see a lot of holes in his game. He needs too many stars to align too often to get Ws. Here's hoping he takes a giant step forward.

I think, judging solely on Richt's choice of words yesterday--about watching film and pointing out the times where Malik was really good, he believes he's found a source of Malik's struggles. You know...kinda, well he was really good when we did this, but struggled when this happens...

I don't think Rosier is ever going to please all of his critics, because he's quite frankly, not over flowing with that raw talent you expect to see from a P5 Pro Style QB. But there's not a guy on the planet that I trust more to be able to dissect film and make every possible adjustment necessary for Rosier to be successful in our offense with the talent he has, than Coach Mark Richt.

I think, judging solely on Richt's choice of words yesterday--about watching film and pointing out the times where Malik was really good, he believes he's found a source of Malik's struggles. You know...kinda, well he was really good when we did this, but struggled when this happens...

I don't think Rosier is ever going to please all of his critics, because he's quite frankly, not over flowing with that raw talent you expect to see from a P5 Pro Style QB. But there's not a guy on the planet that I trust more to be able to dissect film and make every possible adjustment necessary for Rosier to be successful in our offense with the talent he has, than Coach Mark Richt.
Oh I agree. Richt is the best at doing what he does with QBs. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing him work magic with an NFL prospect type of QB rather than simply trying to make the most of a bad situation.

Syracuse would have been his biggest game without the drops. I don't use the Syracuse game as an example, because it was the one game where he, for the first half, hit every target and made good decisions. I kept saying, "He finally looks good and someone else has to mess up!"

Still, he looked extremely limited all season. Go back and watch the first 2-3 games and tell me he didn't look very, very limited in the amount of plays he could execute. It started with Bethune.

It's just a consistency thing, for me. We need more consistent QB play so our O can develop an identity. IF Rosier can be more consistent, we'll be fine, I think. However, I just wonder, what is consistently good for Rosier? What did he do last season really well? What did he do that one would want to be done consistently? Complete easy passes? Make better decisions? Hit targets in stride so they have a chance to make a bigger play? Better downfield passing? There are so many issues he needs to improve that I believe to be consistent, he needs to improve too darn much.

Here's hoping. I don't dislike him, I just see a lot of holes in his game. He needs too many stars to align too often to get Ws. Here's hoping he takes a giant step forward.

Duke was the 3rd game and Rosier began that game 9 for 9 in the first quarter. But in the second quarter he got sacked 4 times (one wasn't counted because Rosier tried to tuck and run, but meh, O-line still collapsed on him) and he fell to ****.

Just throwing that out there to reinforce what Richt was saying about giving him time and room to throw.

Oh I agree. Richt is the best at doing what he does with QBs. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing him work magic with an NFL prospect type of QB rather than simply trying to make the most of a bad situation.

Wouldn't you also agree then, that a big part of that is not rushing a guy into action before he's ready to handle the situation? I mean, if you trust Richt to make some of these calls, you also have to trust him to make that call as well.

Advertisement
Wouldn't you also agree then, that a big part of that is not rushing a guy into action before he's ready to handle the situation? I mean, if you trust Richt to make some of these calls, you also have to trust him to make that call as well.
Oh I don't want a guy thrown in there before he is ready. However, Williams did enroll early, and we have all seen other teams light it up with freshman QBs. Why are we so scared that one of the best QB coaches on the planet can't get a top HS QB ready to go, while many other teams can?

Oh I don't want a guy thrown in there before he is ready. However, Williams did enroll early, and we have all seen other teams light it up with freshman QBs. Why are we so scared that one of the best QB coaches on the planet can't get a top HS QB ready to go, while many other teams can?

How many teams truly "lit it up" with a TRUE freshman QB? Now, let's ask how many teams bombed with a true freshman QB?

How many teams truly "lit it up" with a TRUE freshman QB? Now, let's ask how many teams bombed with a true freshman QB?

So true KevinCane ,Malik will do fine everyone should breath let him put the ball into the hands of his play makers and turn them loose.

GOCANES

So true KevinCane ,Malik will do fine everyone should breath let him put the ball into the hands of his play makers and turn them loose.

GOCANES
Yeah, we need to let Rosier put the ball into the hands of his play makers. I'm sure Richt would like this idea as well.

Advertisement
Yeah, we need to let Rosier put the ball into the hands of his play makers. I'm sure Richt would like this idea as well.

I really want Malik to do well , I'm also open to letting back up getting PT when available to get experience during the season , we've got to pull for Malik.

GOCANES

Seems most on here think Richt will ride with MR come **** or hi water, I sure hope he is not that stubborn. MR should definitely start the LSU game, you know they have watched film and know he can't hit a bull in the ***, especially under pressure, which they will apply every play, and I think they will have him completely wigged out by halftime. SO, here we are, and you guys would put him right back in the second half ? Bull****, if Richt does that he will lose a lot of support, including mine, which I didn't have a ton to start with. I don't care what he's seeing at Greentree that ain't real action, I'm sure Rosier is great at Greentree, maybe even Greentree All-American, but when you hit him upside his head he becomes a different person. On the same note, Williams/Kosi may not be Greentree superstars but you have to put one in and see if he has game. Point being you DONT know what you have till you throw em in the fire, till they take a good shot, do they come out swinging like smoking Joe, or go in a shell like ??? I know Rosier has taken some good shots, he's a tough kid no doubt, but he gets so off target he misses wide open receivers by 10 yards. Roll with MR till they shut him down, and if that happens put in the freshman and let's see what he's got, what would it hurt

Seems most on here think Richt will ride with MR come **** or hi water, I sure hope he is not that stubborn. MR should definitely start the LSU game, you know they have watched film and know he can't hit a bull in the ***, especially under pressure, which they will apply every play, and I think they will have him completely wigged out by halftime. SO, here we are, and you guys would put him right back in the second half ? Bull****, if Richt does that he will lose a lot of support, including mine, which I didn't have a ton to start with. I don't care what he's seeing at Greentree that ain't real action, I'm sure Rosier is great at Greentree, maybe even Greentree All-American, but when you hit him upside his head he becomes a different person. On the same note, Williams/Kosi may not be Greentree superstars but you have to put one in and see if he has game. Point being you DONT know what you have till you throw em in the fire, till they take a good shot, do they come out swinging like smoking Joe, or go in a shell like ??? I know Rosier has taken some good shots, he's a tough kid no doubt, but he gets so off target he misses wide open receivers by 10 yards. Roll with MR till they shut him down, and if that happens put in the freshman and let's see what he's got, what would it hurt

He'll ride with MR for the whole LSU game regardless of how he plays. That game is not the time to put in a kid that's never taken a snap in a college game. Plenty of time to experiment after the LSU game.

I'll be waiting to hear from everyone after the LSU game when Blowsier yet again misses wide open receivers all game long.
Berrios, Herndon, and Langham bailed than man out on multiple **** throws every game by make circus catches. Well, Berrios and Langham are goners, the circus aint in town anymore.
Make sure to include how he was so game ready and obviously our best choice in your assessment of him after the game.

Advertisement

xk1eeMs.jpg

I'll be waiting to hear from everyone after the LSU game when Blowsier yet again misses wide open receivers all game long.
Berrios, Herndon, and Langham bailed than man out on multiple **** throws every game by make circus catches. Well, Berrios and Langham are goners, the circus aint in town anymore.
Make sure to include how he was so game ready and obviously our best choice in your assessment of him after the game.

Who will you be rooting for?

Advertisement
Your *** is gonna be a ghost after we wear out that overrated, under-coached, scrub *** team.

41-13. Rosier scores 3 TDs
Book it.

Well my enthusiasm for this season is gone. I’m not even a Kosi fan but he definitely outperformed Malik in the final spring scrimmage. Film bedamned! There are some things you just can’t fix. How in the **** is he even still on the team after the Pitt game!? I guess I can get hyped about slow a$$ starts, 3 and outs, wide open receivers being missed either by vision or the ball and Manny about to pop a vein from seeing his defense needing to be completely exhausted game in and game out. Richards NFL stock just dropped a few rounds as well. So tired of having head coaches giving preferential treatment to staff or players and no balls!

Captain Hook my a$$. Richt came out and said his biggest regret was taking Rosier out of the Pitt game! And you thibk he’s gonna pull him in favor of a bunch of freshman? Not gonna happen. Rosier is the starter and Richt is sticking with him come **** or high water this season.

Again, maybe pulling him for Sheriffs is different than pulling him for a much more talented guy regardless of his class/age.

Going to the bullpen to an youngster saved Saban a national title.

Rosier has hardly earned sacred cow status

Advertisement
Back