Hurricanes coach Mark Richt on quarterback situation: ‘Malik is the starter’

Richt proves he is here on vacation and doesn't care about winning if he doesn't give another QB the start this weekend.
He cares about winning. I'll never doubt that. The question is, is he COMMITTED to winning?

That remains to be seen, but he was on the radio this morning, and he's making the same ol excuses for his Qb. Not very encouraging.

Advertisement
He cares about winning. I'll never doubt that. The question is, is he COMMITTED to winning?

That remains to be seen, but he was on the radio this morning, and he's making the same ol excuses for his Qb. Not very encouraging.
I haven't heard the interview yet, but I was afraid of that. We truly are going to be stuck with Rosier all season, aren't we? Don't think I can take it

I was horrified when I saw this thread title because I thought it was a new quote from Richt.

I think the biggest problem is that little Richt hasn't proved he can develop high ceiling QBs yet. And that is the biggest worry! Doesn't matter who we recruit cause it doesn't look like we can put them on the field due to their development

The lengths some of you went to defend Rosier. The first two pages LOLOL

Me and CaneDynasty tried to warn y’all smh

And me. **** I have been getting negged about my opinion of Rosier since Pitt. How anyone seriously thought he would improve just made me shake my head in depression. Family and friends kept asking leading up to the game why I wasn’t excited knowing I bleed orange and green and go all out or in for every game. I just kept saying you will see.

Advertisement
Well my enthusiasm for this season is gone. I’m not even a Kosi fan but he definitely outperformed Malik in the final spring scrimmage. Film bedamned! There are some things you just can’t fix. How in the **** is he even still on the team after the Pitt game!? I guess I can get hyped about slow a$$ starts, 3 and outs, wide open receivers being missed either by vision or the ball and Manny about to pop a vein from seeing his defense needing to be completely exhausted game in and game out. Richards NFL stock just dropped a few rounds as well. So tired of having head coaches giving preferential treatment to staff or players and no balls!

Post #1 in this thread

And from a different thread

Aug 20, 2018

TheRichtShow said:
"He's been dead to me since Pitt"

God **** you need some perspective in life. A QB having a few bad games shouldn't cause this much of a meltdown. How on earth did you not kill yourself after Kirby Freeman vs NC St?

My response:

I feel the same. It wasn’t just a few bad games. The #1 ranking was on the line for the first time in ages. An undefeated season. Aligning ourselves for the playoffs and your QB who is your leader is just out there going through the motions and it was obvious. You have MR telling him flat out he expected more from him out of pure disappointment. Diaz is yelling at him trying to wake him up or get something out of him. He didn’t care period. I suspect if the redshirt rule for this year had been in effect last year, you would not have seen Rosier playing in a Cane uniform again unless he stayed this year as a backup. I’m not drinking the koolaid on this one. It’s easy to look good in practice. I will wait and see what happens after he is under fire and takes a shot from the D and if we have to suffer through slow starts that make games way closer than they should be again. I hope he plays lights out and proves me wrong but as of right now, I still maintain what I posted before spring. He would not be the starter on any other top P5 school period.

Advertisement
I think if you listen to what the coach said, after spending all off season pouring over film, he was pretty **** clear: we won 10 games last season because of the play of Malik Rosier.

How is that obvious? He broke the school record for TD's last year with Braxton Berrios as his leading receiver. Can't even begin to imagine what will happen this year with Richards being healthy, Thomas actually knowing what he's doing out there, the young receivers, dynamic TE's and explosive RB's. With marginal improvement of the OL, this offense should take off and Rosier should break his own record again this year. How tf you guys are so negative is beyond me.

So true KevinCane ,Malik will do fine everyone should breath let him put the ball into the hands of his play makers and turn them loose.

GOCANES

I actually have faith in Malik, he may not be the most talented but he's a leader

Bump For The Mountain and Pacific Time Crowds.

Courtesy of Anthony Chiang - Palm Beach Post

“Malik is without a doubt the No. 1 quarterback going into fall camp,” Richt said. “And right this minute, I’m not sure anybody is going to be able to unseat him, at least going into Game 1. I really have an open mind, we’ll give reps and we’ll compete. But here’s the thing about Malik, and I’ll say this too even from my standpoint, when time passes and the emotion of the season ends, you go back and review game film – coach’s copy, TV copy – and just kind of watch what happened last year. He made a lot of big plays in some really big moments. Without it, we’re not going to win.

He made some great plays with his wheels, he ran the ball well and did some things that if he doesn’t do the things that he did, we probably don’t win 10 games last year. Then at the end, we all know we had our struggles as a team. But the quarterback always takes the brunt of it. But I do know this as I went back to study everything, the bigger the pocket was, the better he threw the ball. Can you imagine that? The more space he had, the more time he had, guess what he threw it a lot better. So we got to get better at blocking, we got to get better at pass protecting as running backs, we got to get better at route running, and I got to do a better job of getting us in the right looks at the right time. But Malik right now is ahead.”

View attachment 61315
You were so proud of this moment, now you look like a d1ck

Bump For The Mountain and Pacific Time Crowds.
Their the biggest losers on the board...spent an entire offseason brainwashing others and selling false theologies to the novice football fans who don't quite understand the game from inside the lines...DUMB leading the Blind. A lot of ppl fell for the oakie doke ,smh. ****, i thought they we're just trying to get their post count up then they started smelling themselves when the (y)'s begin flowing in after their posts. They became cult leaders in the "Nosier is the man" ministry.

Advertisement
TOPCANE,

It's sad you give me a down vote DAYS after our Canes loss when the smoke has cleared in battle and causualties are carted off , you wait in shyness after the fact to engage with the results already determined and the best you have is a finger down.

Have you've been watching me lurking for a shot with an attempt for player status?

It would have done you much better to engage in dialogue then to wait till the battle field has been cleared.

I really don't mind the others down vote prior for the timing was prior to the LSU game and there vote was just that there vote timing is everything.

To lurk and wait is a different story.

Don't worry I won't respond to your validation on nonsense after the fact if you choose too , just stating my thoughts.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back