HUGE NCAA DOMINO TO FALL TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
4aqtg5.jpg

All of this non sense over a virus with a less than 1% death rate (lower than the flu) and all of that for politics. Ridiculous and childish.
You are perfectly willing to let 3,282,000 people (enough to be the 30th most populated state) die a preventable death from a disease in less than a year and think it's not a big deal? You realize the virus being significantly more transmissible than the flu is important right? Do some math here: if 1/2 of the U.S. gets the virus and 0.75% of those people die, that is still 1,230,750 people. That is more than the number of people that die from the two leading causes of death in the U.S per year: heart disease and cancer. The #3-#10 leading causes of death (including the flu with 50,000 deaths) in the U.S. per year add up to only 2/3 of the number of people you're saying can die.

Not to mention, the risk isn't just between dying or not dying. Tons of cases at this point show that if you were symptomatic there is a good chance you have long lasting symptoms and damage to your lungs (very important for sports) and potentially brain since it crosses the blood-brain barrier.

Ridiculous and childish is a bunch of grown men crying at the idea that an extracurricular sport they provide nothing of value to may not be played for one season due to extremely unusual circumstances because the student athletes would unnecessarily risk their own health or that of their coaches or their loved ones.

Last edited:
You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Cancel the entire CFB season snd stop wasting everyone’s time
While u are correct....

Advertisement
What does the color of skin have to do with safety? What about the players and or Universities that want to play?
I agree that players should have the choice to play if they want. But look at the statistics for which populations are more likely to be infected or die from this virus based by race/ethnicity and tell us again how skin color has nothing to do with it. Also, universities wanting to play should not play a factor here. Most want to play for the money and a university's top priority should be the health and safety of its students, not how much money they lose if the football team can't play.

This opting out thing will likely be for naught anyway. I can't see this season happening with all the hysterics even before we start getting the inevitable positive tests.
You said it, Meng.

I will put money on at least one school across the country having multiple players get the COVID. It's going to be like the NBA when Magic Johnson wanted to play with the HIV and no one wanted to go near him. If this happens during the season, the opposing school is simply going to cancel because even if they can't be held liable, the optics would be terrible if one of their own players got COVID as it will be attributed to the opponent and the coach will get skewered for putting kids at risk. Is it exceedingly unlikely that one player will catch it from another? Yes. But the potential ramifications are so high that schools aren't going to take a chance. I thought there was too much money on the line for there not to be a FB season, but now I'm thinking it either gets cancelled or pushed to spring.

I agree that players should have the choice to play if they want. But look at the statistics for which populations are more likely to be infected or die from this virus based by race/ethnicity and tell us again how skin color has nothing to do with it. Also, universities wanting to play should not play a factor here. Most want to play for the money and a university's top priority should be the health and safety of its students, not how much money they lose if the football team can't play.
Color has nothing to do with it. Higher rates of diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, lack of aerobic exercise, sedentary lifestyle, heart disease and asthma have everything to do with it. Melanin has zero to do with it.

Advertisement
Why do we have to shut out everyone for the few that want to opt out? Why do others have to live in the tyranny of others fear? Just let them make their choice based on their perceived risk, as small as it is
It’s called the politics of fear. The response to Covid has been completely political. Both parties are trying to use it to their advantage for the next election. Mark my words after the election is over, regardless if their is an effective vaccine or treatment for Covid we will be told unless you are high risk you need to try to go back to life as usual.

They're not opting out for fear of COVID. They're using the opt out as a way to enter the draft. It's odd that the only players suddenly scared of COVID are the 1st rounders.
Sigh. Farce. You just won't quit running your mouth, will you? You just want the attention.

So the Arizona QB, Illinois RB, New Mexico State DE, etc. are all first rounders, right? As always, enlighten us with actual facts. But you can't and won't.

Last edited:
Exactly. And those conditions are not common in young , fit athletes .
The data proves it. After millions of cases contracted worldwide, the death rate for young people is less than influenza.

We should’ve canceled college football a long time ago if respiratory communicable diseases were a concern.

Historically, many more young people die from influenza, meningitis, and other various and sundry infectious diseases than the data shows for Covid.

The fear for this virus in young fit healthy males, is out of proportion. Like I said before, many other diseases take young people in comparison to this one. But nobody wants to quote that science.

Advertisement
The data proves it. After millions of cases contracted worldwide, the death rate for young people is less than influenza.

We should’ve canceled college football a long time ago if respiratory communicable diseases were a concern.

Historically, many more young people die from influenza, meningitis, and other various and sundry infectious diseases than the data shows for Covid.

The fear for this virus in young fit healthy males, is out of proportion. Like I said before, many other diseases take young people in comparison to this one. But nobody wants to quote that science.
You've still got people thinking millions of people are going to get this and die, including over a thousand football players.

They won't be happy until the talking head on tv or the right twitter account tells them it's safe.

Advertisement
It is probably safer to be constantly tested and monitored by an institutional setting in a structured program than it is being at home without testing doing whatever the day brings.

Color has nothing to do with it. Higher rates of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and asthma have everything to do with it. Melanin has zero to do with it.
Right, the populations of lower income communities are perfectly proportional to the rest of the U.S. population and lower income communities being racially skewed in terms of population would have nothing to do with civil rights only being granted 55 years ago.

Furthermore, the fact that people in those communities are more likely to have those risk factors (excluding asthma) has nothing to with how much money they have or the type of food/lifestyle they can afford.

And the fact that transmission rates are higher in those communities also has nothing to do with the fact that jobs in these communities are less likely to support tele-working.

Let’s stop with this misinformation.

Myocarditis is a rare but well known side effect of many viral infections. It is not unique to Covid and there is no indication that it is more common with Covid than with any other viral infections.

But feel free to blow up shlt as much as you want.

Such ignorance is dispensed on this site.

Just stupid.

If you’re that fūcking afraid, then stay home during the flu season, and let’s just stop sports altogether, because guess what, it happens with influenza - which we get every year.

”Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection. The clinical expression varies from asymptomatic to fulminant myocarditis” per National Insitutes of Health (NIH)

According to your flawed and convoluted logic we should cancel football every season, because influenza has caused many more myocarditis cases.

Bunch of hysterical ninnies
Hey guy,

Thanks for sharing all of your years of expertise working with Covid-19 and the long term ramifications that may come of it. Also nice job being the stereotypical narrow minded fan that shouts from the rooftops “***** any risk no matter how minor it may be just give me my **** football games cause I’m not the one out there breaking my back I’m just sitting in my couch scratching my nuts you pansies...hear me roarrrrrrr!!!”
I don’t pretend to know sh** about Covid both in the short term long term or ortherwise. But for the love of god man can’t it just be a healthy discussion with opposing views that doesn’t necessarily resort to name calling and behavior that resembles that of a schoolyard bully? Is that so hard? I know most people fancy themselves an internet tough guy with a black belt in keyboard-jitsu, but I wonder is this how you converse with people face to face? Is this how you conduct yourself with anyone who brings a different viewpoint to the table? I doubt it cause if u did you would have suffered your fair share of *** kickings by now and wouldn’t be so **** bent on being an insufferable POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back