HUGE NCAA DOMINO TO FALL TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Yeah, because they were told they had every right to opt out and not lose a year of eligibility. A lot of players really want to play.
I agree. I'm sure it's the school Presidents and Boards of Trustees that are getting increasingly (as the season nears) weak in the knees.

Advertisement
You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Cancel the entire CFB season snd stop wasting everyone’s time
What does the color of skin have to do with safety? What about the players and or Universities that want to play?

You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Cancel the entire CFB season snd stop wasting everyone’s time
Of course you’d bring race into it.....cuck

All of this non sense over a virus with a less than 1% death rate (lower than the flu) and all of that for politics. Ridiculous and childish.
That's what I keep telling @JBCanes-NC but he is waaayyyy out there . Dude was demanding I wear a mask while I type replies to him and he wants people that call him on the phone to wear masks and put the call on speaker so they can stand 6 ft away from the phone while they talk.

That's what I keep telling @JBCanes-NC but he is waaayyyy out there . Dude was demanding I wear a mask while I type replies to him and he wants people that call him on the phone to wear masks and put the call on speaker so they can stand 6 ft away from the phone while they talk.

Tell everyone how often you wear a mask. @stevehick will confirm if you’re telling the truth.

Advertisement
Last edited:
With all the b.s. numbers and skewed data. Anyone can come up with a statement and claim to back it up. Everything is speculation. No one knows a thing. Live life. You might die of electrocution hiding from the covid in your house.

Advertisement
While I agree with most of what you said and there are facts that support this, we also have no clue of any long term ramifications of contracting Covid. The Boston Red Sox pitcher that got Covid, showed no symptoms and ended up recovering to then have his heart permanently damaged is a new wrinkle to this whole thing.

I want football in the worst way but the responsible and ethical thing to do would be to cancel the season. As depressing as it may sound.
Let’s stop with this misinformation.

Myocarditis is a rare but well known side effect of many viral infections. It is not unique to Covid and there is no indication that it is more common with Covid than with any other viral infections.

But feel free to blow up shlt as much as you want.

Such ignorance is dispensed on this site.

Just stupid.

If you’re that fūcking afraid, then stay home during the flu season, and let’s just stop sports altogether, because guess what, it happens with influenza - which we get every year.

”Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection. The clinical expression varies from asymptomatic to fulminant myocarditis” per National Insitutes of Health (NIH)

According to your flawed and convoluted logic we should cancel football every season, because influenza has caused many more myocarditis cases.

Bunch of hysterical ninnies

Last edited:
The players can opt out at no penalty. They would continue as normal students with the option to return or transfer.

The kids who are playing want to play and understand the real (but relatively low) risks.
So let’s say in October there’s a vaccine. A kid can opt back in?

Advertisement
Advertisement

6FD8A89D-AA1D-4CFF-93CA-6A6120002038.jpeg

LOL

The players can opt out at no penalty. They would continue as normal students with the option to return or transfer.

The kids who are playing want to play and understand the real (but relatively low) risks.

This is a very reasonable take, I just question the authenticity of this public 'no penalty' claim. I mean sure, they won't their scholarships and all of that, but things like getting passed by on the depth chart, coaches being annoyed and being potentially harder on them next year, cutting playing time, etc.

Do we really believe coaches in the ilk of Saban or Urban-ites truly mean 'no penalty'?

People are speculating Stanford but UCLA is a mess so that wouldn't surprise me. Could also just be BYU or something and the way rumors travel it gets a "west coast school" turned into a Pac-12 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back