HUGE NCAA DOMINO TO FALL TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Cancel the entire CFB season snd stop wasting everyone’s time
The schools are going to do everything they can to play. Not only schools but a lot of small towns are being affected by not having fans. Schools would need a bailout if they “just cancelled” the season...unfortunately it’s not that easy. There is major incentive to play.

Advertisement
Great so you’re saying there’s a chance for the CFP to shove 3 SEC teams into the playoff bc we’ll only have 4 P5 conference champs?
The most simple solution, imo, is to just have the conference champs play. No way to say who the top 4 teams are when they only play conference games.

You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Always one doofus in the bunch that tries to turn it into a race issue.... Geezz man...

No P5 school is planning to be FULLY online.

Advertisement
Let me know when one of these football players is an elderly person suffering from other respiratory diseases, and thus at real risk of getting deathly sick. If we were talking getting the 72 Dolphins back together, playing at packed out nursing homes, I'd call that a bad idea. These young men, black and white, are as much at risk of dying from COVID-19 as they are the flu.
While I agree with most of what you said and there are facts that support this, we also have no clue of any long term ramifications of contracting Covid. The Boston Red Sox pitcher that got Covid, showed no symptoms and ended up recovering to then have his heart permanently damaged is a new wrinkle to this whole thing.

I want football in the worst way but the responsible and ethical thing to do would be to cancel the season. As depressing as it may sound.

bb073940-abd2-0133-b348-0e438b3b98d1.gif

Advertisement
While I agree with most of what you said and there are facts that support this, we also have no clue of any long term ramifications of contracting Covid. The Boston Red Sox pitcher that got Covid, showed no symptoms and ended up recovering to then have his heart permanently damaged is a new wrinkle to this whole thing.

I want football in the worst way but the responsible and ethical thing to do would be to cancel the season. As depressing as it may sound.
Did he catch the Chi Com Wuhan virus from baseball related activities or otherwise? Wuhan knot gonna stop just because a sport or sports are cancelled.

Advertisement
The players can opt out at no penalty. They would continue as normal students with the option to return or transfer.

The kids who are playing want to play and understand the real (but relatively low) risks.

I hope you are right about students understanding risks...I'm not sure that's the cast. This liberal brainwash seems strongest in young people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back