HUGE NCAA DOMINO TO FALL TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the misinformation tough guy?
A thought, viewpoint, opinion is peddling misinformation? What information did I cite as fact to use to try to stir up the masses?

And know you **** well you wouldn’t say nothing to anyone’s face Billy Bad ***.

Just stop being such a magnanimous douche when someone dares bring up that cancelling the season may actually be In the best interest of the players and not in the best interest of armchair quarterbacks like you. I’d love to know what kind of advice you would give your son, nephew or grandson if they contemplated sitting out for health related reasons. I wonder if you would call him a ***** or chicken sh**.
446-4462861_emoji-clipart-angel-emojis-png.png

Advertisement
C’mon, man. You know those “higher rates” are prevalent in the black community. Also, i know you recognize that after programs foie gras an OL/DL that it’s possible their risk escalates. (Look at the weight some of these guys lose after their playing days)

I’m not going to say these kids are going to get it and die from it - in most cases they won’t even know they have/had it - But, it’s realistic to believe that some might have a legitimate reason to be afraid because these comorbidities run in their family.

My other point: melanin and race are two different things. I know you know that, that’s why I made the distinction in my post.
I don’t disagree that they are more prevalent in the black community. What I’m trying to get through is that African-Americans are not genetically predisposed to having diabetes, heart disease, and other diseases more than the general population. If they were we would know about it, at least sccording to all the data that’s reliable that’s out there.

We know what diseases affect, genetically, different racial groups. For example sickle cell as you well know. But there are other diseases as well. Tay-sachs with the Ashkenazi, etc.

it’s too late and I’ve got too much to do to go dig it up but there’s an incredibly well done retrospective study, it’s either from the NIH or might even be the CDC, were they looked at all these risk factors in the African-American population, the result was the offender was obesity. They could find nothing, no other hidden factor, to expla the prevalence of these diseases. Other than what was mentioned. If I find it I will link it.

If you want to talk about other Socio economic factors, such as poverty, social mobility, and education, which are part and parcel of this, that’s a different discussion. But it’s not specifically genetically related to race.

In fact, as far as I’m aware, the only racial group which apparently has a genetic predisposition to obesity, or at least studies to indicate this, or some of the Asian-pacific islanders, Samoans.

Last edited:
A thought, viewpoint, opinion is peddling misinformation? What information did I cite as fact to use to try to stir up the masses?

Just stop being such a magnanimous douche when someone dares bring up that cancelling the season may actually be In the best interest of the players and not in the best interest of armchair quarterbacks like you. I’d love to know what kind of advice you would give your son, nephew or grandson if they contemplated sitting out for health related reasons. I wonder if you would call him a ***** or chicken sh**.
I didn’t call anybody chicken shlt or *****, fake tough guy. And yes I would say all of this to your face and you wouldn’t do a fūcking thing about it.

You flat out lied about myocarditis and Covid and permanent heart damage, either intentionally or due to ignorance, contributing to the reams of misinformation. Just read the Washington Post article about this pitcher. There is no indication that they think it’s any kind of permanent damage.

Apparently your reading comprehension is as bad as your fake tough guy shtick.

To summarize, it’s not a difference of opinion, you brought flat out falsehoods to the table.

If I was harsh in my response and you took offense, then I’ll try to remember your screen name and be more gentle next time I disagree with you

Loved all of it but magnanimous douche was the term I’d been looking for forever to address and describe a couple posters. Thanks and well done.

Advertisement
The players can opt out at no penalty. They would continue as normal students with the option to return or transfer.

The kids who are playing want to play and understand the real (but relatively low) risks.
DMoney, while your response was eloquently presented you wasted your time because Svengayli wants to feel the way he feels and want others to share his same dark views.

I didn’t call anybody chicken shlt or *****, fake tough guy. And yes I would say all of this to your face and you wouldn’t do a fūcking thing about it.

You flat out lied about myocarditis and Covid and permanent heart damage, either intentionally or due to ignorance, contributing to the reams of misinformation. Just read the Washington Post article about this pitcher. There is no indication that they think it’s any kind of permanent damage.

Apparently your reading comprehension is as bad as your fake tough guy shtick.

To summarize, it’s not a difference of opinion, you brought flat out falsehoods to the table.

If I was harsh in my response and you took offense, then I’ll try to remember your screen name and be more gentle next time I disagree with you
Please let’s not talk about reading comprehension because I never mentioned the term myocarditis and simply offered an opinion based on the recent situation with the Boston Red Sox pitcher and even went as far as agreeing on a few of the points brought up by the poster who I was replying to. I would ask you to go back and re-read it for yourself but I digress.

The reason I even mentioned any of this was due to an article that I found interesting and I thought would spark healthy debate. I was obviously wrong cause here you come storming in and conducting a sweeping generalization that Covid is not a big deal and anyone who dares to think that cancelling the season may be the prudent thing is bat sh** crazy.

For anyone interested in the read it’s relatively short and not full of political propaganda. It echoes some of what you stated and also my opinion that there’s still so much unknown about the virus.

Contained by Oct? Man i hope but cmon. Do you realize what is about to happen when schools and colleges reopen? LOL at thinking kids will wear masks, social distance, stop partying, wont bring the virus home and spread to parents/relatives/grandmom, etc.
The adults are the responsible ones. They need to do the looking out and hiding.

Advertisement
Ask someone who graduates with $200k in debt and can't afford to rent an apartment because of the low pay in their entry level job and other bills.

Most of these kids are not going pro in sports. Look at the stats below. Some of these kids will never see the field in a game.

The average person who wants a career has to prove themselves and put in time. How many jobs out there paying a decent wage don't require a college education, or a technical training/certification of some sort? The problem with all of this is an ideology that every kid who plays college football could/would be earning more in a free market. That is just not true. The elite could earn in a free market.....the masses would not. The masses would earn less than what they receive in their scholarship, room and board, meal plan, free gear, tutoring, etc. Now if you're saying none of these kids would want to go to college unless it's to play football.....well there in lies the problem. Look at the stats again. You'd be setting these kids up to have no future.

The biggest problem with the system is not the compensation of the players. It's the compensation of the coaches (and NCAA) and the arms race, making the optics look bad. If money was set aside for longer-term medical benefits, injury insurance, proper stipends if the kids are not allowed to work, as well as to make the overall cost of college more reasonable to others with lower costs, more scholarships/grants, etc......it would make more sense. Then go the route of the likeness piece. At the end of the day, there has to be some level of balance and fairness. It's college, not the pros.

View attachment 126449
Excellent post.

You **** right I’m bringing skin color into it! Race is a cornerstone issue here. You guys are being incredibly naive about all this.

1. While everyone is at risk, the African-American community has disproportionately experienced infection and death at higher rates than any other ethnic group.

2. Young black men predominately make up the football rosters of P5 schools, which means if they play these games, those players are at a much higher risk of catching Covid (personal health risk) and spreading it to family members and people that look like them in the African american community (see point 1)

3. These are UNPAID college athletes, and they won’t be operating in a bubble like pro basketball or pro hockey.

So, these young black student athletes must take all the risk, and by extension, the black community, as other students on campus watch the games from the safety of their dorm, and while white guys get to cheer or boo comfortably from home as they eat pretzels and drink bud lights.

The media is absolutely going to jump all over this because the optics here look terrible. And if there is a major outbreak among the teams all **** is going to break loose.

The mantra is going to be “Black Lives don’t Matter!!! Football revenue do.”

And the juxtaposition will be striking, since all of the HCBU’s are sitting it out for health and safety reasons.
Life is not fair and you sir are a racist.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back