HUGE NCAA DOMINO TO FALL TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi originalcanescanescanes. If you can't understand something quite straightforward, let me know how I can help. To summarize:

The Farce argues only 1st rounder are opting out. That is in the post. There is no dispute.

I direct us all to the ongoing list of players opting out.

Want to trust the Farce and make the bet that all of the opt outs are 1st rounders? If so, very seriously, let's do that. Let's put the self proclaimed legend's "knowledge" on the line. He has 40 THOUSAND posts, so he must know stuff, right? And you seem to be a believer. OK, and this is not some bull**** internet tough guy posturing, do you want to make that bet? If so I am in. That will hold all of us openly accountable. But you won't do that will you?

And, the Farce, let's do this as well. But you won't do that either, will you? **** you won't even surface with a credible response.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hi originalcanescanescanes. If you can't understand something quite straightforward, let me know how I can help. To summarize:

The Farce argues only 1st rounder are opting out. That is in the post. There is no dispute.

I direct us all to the ongoing list of players opting out.

Want to trust the Farce and make the bet that all of the opt outs are 1st rounders? If so, very seriously, let's do that. And this is not some bull**** internet tough guy thing, do you want to make that bet? If so I am in.

thats not even true. plenty of dudes who arent first rounders are opting out by the min it seems

You can’t be fully online as a college campus for the safety and health of the student population and faculty, but have student athletes out there (mostly young black men) risking their health and families Heath by playing football for the university for $$$. Not only is it insane to do that, the optics are terrible.

Cancel the entire CFB season snd stop wasting everyone’s time
This ones gotta be an all-time bad take.

Scratch that, all-time **** take.

You've still got people thinking millions of people are going to get this and die, including over a thousand football players.

They won't be happy until the talking head on tv or the right twitter account tells them it's safe.
Yep, there are guys posting here right now that think hundreds or thousands of football players could die. How do you argue against that kind of idiocy

Advertisement
Hey guy,

Thanks for sharing all of your years of expertise working with Covid-19 and the long term ramifications that may come of it. Also nice job being the stereotypical narrow minded fan that shouts from the rooftops “***** any risk no matter how minor it may be just give me my **** football games cause I’m not the one out there breaking my back I’m just sitting in my couch scratching my nuts you pansies...hear me roarrrrrrr!!!”
I don’t pretend to know sh** about Covid both in the short term long term or ortherwise. But for the love of god man can’t it just be a healthy discussion with opposing views that doesn’t necessarily resort to name calling and behavior that resembles that of a schoolyard bully? Is that so hard? I know most people fancy themselves an internet tough guy with a black belt in keyboard-jitsu, but I wonder is this how you converse with people face to face? Is this how you conduct yourself with anyone who brings a different viewpoint to the table? I doubt it cause if u did you would have suffered your fair share of *** kickings by now and wouldn’t be so **** bent on being an insufferable POS.

I’d say it right to your face.

You don’t have a different viewpoint, you were peddling misinformation. There’s a difference.

I have patience for people that have differing opinions. I don’t have patience for idiots that tell lies.

There's data to suggest that African-Americans are more likely to be affected by Covid than whites.

So you think skin color has to do with that, or the preponderance of blacks that have other health issues like diabetes or hypertension?

Young black football players at this level at peak condition, with all the physical training and nutrition they receive, as well as whites for that matter, are not counting towards your typical covid statistics.

Hey guy,

Thanks for sharing all of your years of expertise working with Covid-19 and the long term ramifications that may come of it. Also nice job being the stereotypical narrow minded fan that shouts from the rooftops “***** any risk no matter how minor it may be just give me my **** football games cause I’m not the one out there breaking my back I’m just sitting in my couch scratching my nuts you pansies...hear me roarrrrrrr!!!”
I don’t pretend to know sh** about Covid both in the short term long term or ortherwise. But for the love of god man can’t it just be a healthy discussion with opposing views that doesn’t necessarily resort to name calling and behavior that resembles that of a schoolyard bully? Is that so hard? I know most people fancy themselves an internet tough guy with a black belt in keyboard-jitsu, but I wonder is this how you converse with people face to face? Is this how you conduct yourself with anyone who brings a different viewpoint to the table? I doubt it cause if u did you would have suffered your fair share of *** kickings by now and wouldn’t be so **** bent on being an insufferable POS.

Trouble with different points of view i see. May i suggest some type of empathy training?

So you think skin color has to do with that, or the preponderance of blacks that have other health issues like diabetes or hypertension?

Young black football players at this level at peak condition, with all the physical training and nutrition they receive, as well as whites for that matter, are not counting towards your typical covid statistics.
I said that data shows Covid has hit African Americans harder than it has whites. I even provided a link provided by the CDC as to why that is, and it's perfectly reasonable for The Svengali to allude to it as a reason for many athletes to have a different perspective. It's great that athletes will be at a far less likely risk of getting serious affects of this. But it's still their health on the line that everyone seems to be gleefully volunteering them to risk for something as trivial as entertainment, all while not being paid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I said that data shows Covid has hit African Americans harder than it has whites. I even provided a link provided by the CDC as to why that is, and it's perfectly reasonable for The Svengali to allude to it as a reason for many athletes to have a different perspective. It's great that athletes will be at a far less likely risk of getting serious affects of this. But it's still their health on the line the everyone seems to be gleefully volunteering them to risk for something as trivial as entertainment, all while not being paid.

very well said esp on the last point.

They virus might be contained by then though. It’s not that deadly but it’s contagious Af

Contained by Oct? Man i hope but cmon. Do you realize what is about to happen when schools and colleges reopen? LOL at thinking kids will wear masks, social distance, stop partying, wont bring the virus home and spread to parents/relatives/grandmom, etc.

Contained by Oct? Man i hope but cmon. Do you realize what is about to happen when schools and colleges reopen? LOL at thinking kids will wear masks, social distance, stop partying, wont bring the virus home and spread to parents/relatives/grandmom, etc.
look at RU. no kids on campus and the entire team has been quarantined bc of a college party.

look at RU. no kids on campus and the entire team has been quarantined bc of a college party.

Exactly. I see a disaster coming that could easily end college football, maybe even all in-person college this year

Advertisement
Let's think about this scenario......a few teams get off to a bad start, prompting additional kids on the team to say ***** it and opt-out mid-season.

A few kids do it - a team could absorb it.

Multiple kids do it, including QBs - teams may have to opt out or start forfeiting. It could get ugly.

Let's think about this scenario......a few teams get off to a bad start, prompting additional kids on the team to say ***** it and opt-out mid-season.

A few kids do it - a team could absorb it.

Multiple kids do it, including QBs - teams may have to opt out or start forfeiting. It could get ugly.

Are they allowed to opt out mid season? I mean anyone can quit but i assume you would lose eligibility? Guess you could pull a redshirt if its been less than 4 games

I said that data shows Covid has hit African Americans harder than it has whites. I even provided a link provided by the CDC as to why that is, and it's perfectly reasonable for The Svengali to allude to it as a reason for many athletes to have a different perspective. It's great that athletes will be at a far less likely risk of getting serious affects of this. But it's still their health on the line that everyone seems to be gleefully volunteering them to risk for something as trivial as entertainment, all while not being paid.
Yeah, I looked at the data after commenting but a lot of these social issues equally apply to poor people in general like access to health care, overcrowded conditions, poor nutrition, etc.

Be that as it may, this is not the life of your typical college athlete so using this data to generalize to the college athlete situation is faulty.

These college athletes are on scholarship and at a university like Miami, which I can't even afford for my kid without a scholarship or financial aide is not exactly "not being paid". They are getting a prime education at a top notch facility for the opportunity to showcase their talent to possibly play professionally in exchange.

A lot of these kids want to play. They can opt out like some are doing and keep their scholarship while doing so. Seems fair enough. I don't see any exploitation of these kids in this case.

Advertisement
Yeah, I looked at the data after commenting but a lot of these social issues equally apply to poor people in general like access to health care, overcrowded conditions, poor nutrition, etc.

Be that as it may, this is not the life of your typical college athlete so using this data to generalize to the college athlete situation is faulty.

These college athletes are on scholarship and at a university like Miami, which I can't even afford for my kid without a scholarship or financial aide is not exactly "not being paid". They are getting a prime education at a top notch facility for the opportunity to showcase their talent to possibly play professionally in exchange.

A lot of these kids want to play. They can opt out like some are doing and keep their scholarship while doing so. Seems fair enough. I don't see any exploitation of these kids in this case.
I was simply sticking up for Svengali who seemed to be getting dogpiled for something that wasn't that outlandish, because it has shaped many African-American's perspective on Covid.

I disagree about the value of a bachelors degree (even one at UM) in terms of fair compensation, but that's a separate issue. Good talk.

Right, the populations of lower income communities are perfectly proportional to the rest of the U.S. population and lower income communities being racially skewed in terms of population would have nothing to do with civil rights only being granted 55 years ago.

Furthermore, the fact that people in those communities are more likely to have those risk factors (excluding asthma) has nothing to with how much money they have or the type of food/lifestyle they can afford.

And the fact that transmission rates are higher in those communities also has nothing to do with the fact that jobs in these communities are less likely to support tele-working.

I’m not sure I understand.

If you’re saying people of all races that are in the low socio-ecomic strata have a higher propensity for these co-morbidities you are right. You also can’t count out that healthy education is not getting to them.

Just like the Japanese are way healthier than us. It’s not a racial thing. It’s a diet thing. They eat way better, and fewer calories, than us. But it’s not because of their race but because of their customs.

I was simply sticking up for Svengali who seemed to be getting dogpiled for something that wasn't that outlandish, because it has shaped many African-American's perspective on Covid.

I disagree about the value of a bachelors degree (even one at UM) in terms of fair compensation, but that's a separate issue. Good talk.

I'm on board with these athletes making millions for their university getting some remuneration so we probably agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back