HS Transfer Rumors Swirling Around

I'm coming at it more from the angle that it devalues state titles. Instead of dudes going to schools they're zoned for and taking those teams to new heights, they're recruited and put on a super team. That's just bull**** to me and STA is the biggest offender, probably in the entire country because they recruit nationally.

Repping your HS is supposed to mean something, at least that's how it felt when I played. I got to play with my boys I went to middle school with and we grew up in the program together. Just wouldn't be the same playing on a recruited team, but that's just me though. But I can definitely see some of the benefits in playing at a place like STA if you have college aspirations.

100% agree.

It's almost impossible to build something special at a school down here because many of the kids...and also the parents...wanna be involved with these "super teams".

Who's good or not really depends on what kind of recruiting season the school has had. It's become that predictable.

"So and so should be great next season. They just picked up 3 transfers blah blah blah."

It's ****in' sad.

Then you got schools like Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season, and they go from possible state champs to state chumps. And nobody blinks an eye.

As a person who has a passion for coaching and developing less-talented players, or underdogs if you will, the recruiting stuff bothers me. I hate to see schools/coaches/staffs winning and getting praise BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD RECRUITERS and stockpile talent, not cause they're developing kids. The recruiting **** totally takes away from the art and talent of coaching.

And this is evident when you watch one of these super teams during a down recruiting year. (i.e. Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season but still have multiple D1 athletes and sucked on the field this year)

I would love to see what football in this county would be like if coaches were forced to play with their own kids. You would see a change in the tides, that's for sure, and football would be alot more competitive.

Yep. I played ball in south georgia and Camden County was the huge offender there. They recruited me and some of my boys from our 7th grad year on. School admins would assist in the recruiting by letting players use their home addresses and stuff to transfer SMH. One of my boys was living with the principle LOL, ended up signing with Tech.

I don't know how state titles are supposed to mean anything when a group of kids zoned for one school ends up at a school halfway across the city just to be a part of some super team. It's bull****. I understand why some players and parents want to do it, but its sort of a chicken or egg thing. Would STA be getting all this attention they get now if they didn't recruit from jump? Probably not, all those studs would have went to the schools they were zoned for and they'd be some middling private school and the advantage they have now of getting kids noticed by universities wouldn't exist. And as you pointed out football would be more competitive because you'd have more great teams. Instead of all of those guys being recruited to join some powerhouse squad.

A not so funny story but Lamarcus Joyner went to Southwest High School, a high school in Westchester, his first three years. He wanted to transfer his Senior year and he was going to go to my school, Columbus, same school as Deon Bush, but he wasn't accepted in so he ended up at STA! My point is the FHSSA doesn't do their job. How does a kid who has lived and grown up in South Miami basically end up in Broward? No one even blinks an eye. We may have won States that year. That team had Jakhari Gore (Frank's younger cousin) and Gary Bush (Deon's older brother who went to play at Purdue).

Lamarcus wasn't denied acceptance to CCHS because of the FHSAA.

Gary Bush had already graduated when Lamarcus attempted to transfer to Columbus. Even with him, they still would have had trouble getting through Central and Miramar (state champ).

Also, he didn't live near southwest hs. SW has a magnet program, which allows them to bring in students (football players) from different areas in Miami. WR Livington Senatus from Miami Edison, who ended up being 1st team all dade in 2006, was their first of many notable transfers/players brought in from different neighborhoods.

You misunderstood me, I said Lamarcus didn't get in because we didn't accept him. I know FHSAA didn't have anything to do with it. You're right about Gary, I got that mixed up, but still, that team was really good! Lamarcus was/ is talented enough to have taken us there. Lamarcus played both offense and defense in high school and while we had Gore, we could not pass because we did not have receivers. Garret the QB was good enough, but yes I agree beating those teams would still have been tough I am not denying that, but Lamarcus would have given us a legitimate chance at doing that!

Advertisement
100% agree.

It's almost impossible to build something special at a school down here because many of the kids...and also the parents...wanna be involved with these "super teams".

Who's good or not really depends on what kind of recruiting season the school has had. It's become that predictable.

"So and so should be great next season. They just picked up 3 transfers blah blah blah."

It's ****in' sad.

Then you got schools like Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season, and they go from possible state champs to state chumps. And nobody blinks an eye.

As a person who has a passion for coaching and developing less-talented players, or underdogs if you will, the recruiting stuff bothers me. I hate to see schools/coaches/staffs winning and getting praise BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD RECRUITERS and stockpile talent, not cause they're developing kids. The recruiting **** totally takes away from the art and talent of coaching.

And this is evident when you watch one of these super teams during a down recruiting year. (i.e. Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season but still have multiple D1 athletes and sucked on the field this year)

I would love to see what football in this county would be like if coaches were forced to play with their own kids. You would see a change in the tides, that's for sure, and football would be alot more competitive.

Yep. I played ball in south georgia and Camden County was the huge offender there. They recruited me and some of my boys from our 7th grad year on. School admins would assist in the recruiting by letting players use their home addresses and stuff to transfer SMH. One of my boys was living with the principle LOL, ended up signing with Tech.

I don't know how state titles are supposed to mean anything when a group of kids zoned for one school ends up at a school halfway across the city just to be a part of some super team. It's bull****. I understand why some players and parents want to do it, but its sort of a chicken or egg thing. Would STA be getting all this attention they get now if they didn't recruit from jump? Probably not, all those studs would have went to the schools they were zoned for and they'd be some middling private school and the advantage they have now of getting kids noticed by universities wouldn't exist. And as you pointed out football would be more competitive because you'd have more great teams. Instead of all of those guys being recruited to join some powerhouse squad.

A not so funny story but Lamarcus Joyner went to Southwest High School, a high school in Westchester, his first three years. He wanted to transfer his Senior year and he was going to go to my school, Columbus, same school as Deon Bush, but he wasn't accepted in so he ended up at STA! My point is the FHSSA doesn't do their job. How does a kid who has lived and grown up in South Miami basically end up in Broward? No one even blinks an eye. We may have won States that year. That team had Jakhari Gore (Frank's younger cousin) and Gary Bush (Deon's older brother who went to play at Purdue).

Lamarcus wasn't denied acceptance to CCHS because of the FHSAA.

Gary Bush had already graduated when Lamarcus attempted to transfer to Columbus. Even with him, they still would have had trouble getting through Central and Miramar (state champ).

Also, he didn't live near southwest hs. SW has a magnet program, which allows them to bring in students (football players) from different areas in Miami. WR Livington Senatus from Miami Edison, who ended up being 1st team all dade in 2006, was their first of many notable transfers/players brought in from different neighborhoods.

You misunderstood me, I said Lamarcus didn't get in because we didn't accept him. I know FHSAA didn't have anything to do with it. You're right about Gary, I got that mixed up, but still, that team was really good! Lamarcus was/ is talented enough to have taken us there. Lamarcus played both offense and defense in high school and while we had Gore, we could not pass because we did not have receivers. Garret the QB was good enough, but yes I agree beating those teams would still have been tough I am not denying that, but Lamarcus would have given us a legitimate chance at doing that!

Ehhh...they lost in the 1st round by 29 points to Central. CCHS biggest disadvantage was/still is their talent upfront. They usually have sufficient talent at the skill positions.

Other areas around the country like Dallas, Houston, LA, and Atlanta have just as much talent in their cities (check the NFL drafts) and they don't have this issue as much.

Not even close. Here are the stats from this year. Keep in mind this does not include Broward and Palm Beach.

HometownNFL Players Hometown NFL Players

Miami24 Pittsburgh 11
Houston16 Cincinnati 10
Detroit14 Cleveland 10
Atlanta11 Dallas 10
Chicago11 Jacksonville 10
New Orleans11

http://usafootball.com/news/general...oast-most-nfl-players-we#sthash.D8ti9k3L.dpuf

From the same story:

HIGH SCHOOLS WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS

High School, City, StateNumberNFL Players
Miami Norland, Miami, Fla.6Antwan Barnes, NYJ; Dwayne Bowe, KC; Antonio Brown, PIT; Lester Jean, HOU; Xavier Rhodes, MIN; Tourek Williams, SD
Saint Thomas Aquinas, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.6Geno Atkins, CIN; Giovani Bernard, CIN; Marcus Gilbert, PIT; Leonard Hankerson, WAS; Major Wright, CHI; Sam Young, BUF
Pahokee High School, Pahokee, Fla.5Dwight Bentley, DET; Anquan Boldin, SF; Janoris Jenkins, StL; Pernell McPhee, BAL; Antone Smith, ATL

Glades Central, North Miami Beach and some national powers are tied for fourth.

http://usafootball.com/news/general...-nfl-players-we#sthash.D8ti9k3L.6cPuF7F7.dpuf

Advertisement
@dkurtenbach: University School HC Roger Harriott has a standing offer from Charlie Partridge to come to FAU as the RBs coach. Decision pending.

From the same story:

HIGH SCHOOLS WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS

High School, City, StateNumberNFL Players
Miami Norland, Miami, Fla.6Antwan Barnes, NYJ; Dwayne Bowe, KC; Antonio Brown, PIT; Lester Jean, HOU; Xavier Rhodes, MIN; Tourek Williams, SD
Saint Thomas Aquinas, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.6Geno Atkins, CIN; Giovani Bernard, CIN; Marcus Gilbert, PIT; Leonard Hankerson, WAS; Major Wright, CHI; Sam Young, BUF
Pahokee High School, Pahokee, Fla.5Dwight Bentley, DET; Anquan Boldin, SF; Janoris Jenkins, StL; Pernell McPhee, BAL; Antone Smith, ATL

Glades Central, North Miami Beach and some national powers are tied for fourth.

http://usafootball.com/news/general...-nfl-players-we#sthash.D8ti9k3L.6cPuF7F7.dpuf

Norland actually has seven......big richard gordan is still in the league....

Advertisement
@dkurtenbach: University School HC Roger Harriott has a standing offer from Charlie Partridge to come to FAU as the RBs coach. Decision pending.

I wdont know how he gets offered college gigs when he took the syracuse job for like two wks ...dude is unstable as ****. Has a college offer locally an hasn't took it yet...for uschool?

How come Northwestern isn't on that NFL list? David, Spence, Forston, Streeter, Washington, etc.

And man, STA is about to have Linder, Dorsett, Green, Joyner, Diggs and Bosa enter the NFL soon. They're gonna have a dozen guys in the league. SMH

Advertisement
Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 17h
Information that is being circulated about uschool football no longer giving aid to football players and disbanding is incorrect.

i wonder why he said this

Advertisement
Huge news for us. All three of those guys are must gets.

I'm not sure how much this helps us.

I mean, Scarlett is an FSU lean regardless where he plays football.

Bruce and Causey I don't know too much about their early favorites.

Huge news for us. All three of those guys are must gets.

I'm not sure how much this helps us.

I mean, Scarlett is an FSU lean regardless where he plays football.

Bruce and Causey I don't know too much about their early favorites.

Scarlett's family is full of canes. And Scarlett stated that miami and FSU are his co leaders. Scarlett just wants to play early and stay in Florida. Also, the STA coaches love Coach D.

We are looking very good with Causey right now. He's visited Miami 4+ times since he got offered and he loves the school. Getting Causey would have influence on Scarlett.

Sam bruce will change his leader a bunch of times from now till 2016 signing day.

We have had a great pipeline to St. Thomas. We just got 2 this cycle. Don't we lead for Causey and Bruce? with Scarlet being a close 2nd?

Advertisement
Back