HS Transfer Rumors Swirling Around

This is what happened at Miami Pace a few years ago, the parents of non athlete kids complained about the scholarships being given to athletes and so the administration voted to do away with them, the school hasn't been able to really compete in any sport since it occurred.

This stands true in football and basketball as those programs have struggled. However, Pace remained strong in baseball based on its rich tradition and location. They draw a lot from Hialeah and Miami Lakes where a lot of quality players live. They lost in the state finals last year.

Advertisement
Harriot to FAU isn't really a great thing for FAU as more than a few coaches dislike him down here for stealing players. Not to say it comes from him directly but that has always been what people dislike about the program.

hope they go to STA! Pro UM school, and trolling is prohibited

I wouldn't say pro UM, when Smith was there he gave everyone a fair chance..
Carter hates UM and some of the other coaches could care less about any school..
FSU recruits STA very well but the shining light here (like you said) is that once a recruit
makes up his mind STA tells them to stick with the decision and not play games..

Carter hates UM and some of the other coaches could care less about any school..
FSU recruits STA very well but the shining light here (like you said) is that once a recruit
makes up his mind STA tells them to stick with the decision and not play games..

Carter does not have much influence as he is rarely there. These coaches are not necessarily pro Miami, but they preach early playing time to their players. Obviously this class of recruits has a chance to play early which is why it worked out for Miami. We have built a strong relationship with STA, and their D coordinator (Bill Tierney, formerly of Don Bosco Prep, NJ) goes way back with Dorito, and Golden. Dorito has the NJ connection which is paying huge dividends for Miami now and Temple recruited Don Bosco hard in the Golden regime.

We will find out tomorrow but I just heard everything will be status quo. Coaches and Players are staying

Advertisement
Corrupt *** football scene SMH. STA is just...

meh. If there was a concentration of talent like this anywhere else in the country, the same things would happen there too

I don't think killa is too off on this one.
's

I have a hunch south Florida might be a little bit worse than some other areas, since football is such a passion for people down there. I suspect there's probably a similar scene in other parts of the country for basketball. Some cities are fanatic about basketball the way south Florida is about football.

Look at how Texas schools redshirt high school players. That's crazy. I understand that some of the Texas programs have tons of money swirling around, wealthy boosters, immense facilities. Some of it must spill into recruiting and extra benefits.

I'm coming at it more from the angle that it devalues state titles. Instead of dudes going to schools they're zoned for and taking those teams to new heights, they're recruited and put on a super team. That's just bull**** to me and STA is the biggest offender, probably in the entire country because they recruit nationally.

Repping your HS is supposed to mean something, at least that's how it felt when I played. I got to play with my boys I went to middle school with and we grew up in the program together. Just wouldn't be the same playing on a recruited team, but that's just me though. But I can definitely see some of the benefits in playing at a place like STA if you have college aspirations.

100% agree.

It's almost impossible to build something special at a school down here because many of the kids...and also the parents...wanna be involved with these "super teams".

Who's good or not really depends on what kind of recruiting season the school has had. It's become that predictable.

"So and so should be great next season. They just picked up 3 transfers blah blah blah."

It's ******' sad.

Then you got schools like Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season, and they go from possible state champs to state chumps. And nobody blinks an eye.

As a person who has a passion for coaching and developing less-talented players, or underdogs if you will, the recruiting stuff bothers me. I hate to see schools/coaches/staffs winning and getting praise BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD RECRUITERS and stockpile talent, not cause they're developing kids. The recruiting **** totally takes away from the art and talent of coaching.

And this is evident when you watch one of these super teams during a down recruiting year. (i.e. Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season but still have multiple D1 athletes and sucked on the field this year)

I would love to see what football in this county would be like if coaches were forced to play with their own kids. You would see a change in the tides, that's for sure, and football would be alot more competitive.

I'm coming at it more from the angle that it devalues state titles. Instead of dudes going to schools they're zoned for and taking those teams to new heights, they're recruited and put on a super team. That's just bull**** to me and STA is the biggest offender, probably in the entire country because they recruit nationally.

Repping your HS is supposed to mean something, at least that's how it felt when I played. I got to play with my boys I went to middle school with and we grew up in the program together. Just wouldn't be the same playing on a recruited team, but that's just me though. But I can definitely see some of the benefits in playing at a place like STA if you have college aspirations.

100% agree.

It's almost impossible to build something special at a school down here because many of the kids...and also the parents...wanna be involved with these "super teams".

Who's good or not really depends on what kind of recruiting season the school has had. It's become that predictable.

"So and so should be great next season. They just picked up 3 transfers blah blah blah."

It's ******' sad.

Then you got schools like Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season, and they go from possible state champs to state chumps. And nobody blinks an eye.

As a person who has a passion for coaching and developing less-talented players, or underdogs if you will, the recruiting stuff bothers me. I hate to see schools/coaches/staffs winning and getting praise BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD RECRUITERS and stockpile talent, not cause they're developing kids. The recruiting **** totally takes away from the art and talent of coaching.

And this is evident when you watch one of these super teams during a down recruiting year. (i.e. Cypress Bay, who had a down recruiting season but still have multiple D1 athletes and sucked on the field this year)

I would love to see what football in this county would be like if coaches were forced to play with their own kids. You would see a change in the tides, that's for sure, and football would be alot more competitive.

Yep. I played ball in south georgia and Camden County was the huge offender there. They recruited me and some of my boys from our 7th grad year on. School admins would assist in the recruiting by letting players use their home addresses and stuff to transfer SMH. One of my boys was living with the principle LOL, ended up signing with Tech.

I don't know how state titles are supposed to mean anything when a group of kids zoned for one school ends up at a school halfway across the city just to be a part of some super team. It's bull****. I understand why some players and parents want to do it, but its sort of a chicken or egg thing. Would STA be getting all this attention they get now if they didn't recruit from jump? Probably not, all those studs would have went to the schools they were zoned for and they'd be some middling private school and the advantage they have now of getting kids noticed by universities wouldn't exist. And as you pointed out football would be more competitive because you'd have more great teams. Instead of all of those guys being recruited to join some powerhouse squad.

I got you but I wasn't necessarily referring to baseball because the majority of the kids on paces baseball teams were never on scholarship. I was talking about the football, basketball and track teams in particular. Pace recruited me out of junior high school when i was in the 9th grade by the way, I lived 5 blocks from the school. Many of my friends and relatives attended the school on scholarships back in the day. I wanna say that it was 2009-10 when the athletic schollys were taken away if memory serves me correctly.

This is what happened at Miami Pace a few years ago, the parents of non athlete kids complained about the scholarships being given to athletes and so the administration voted to do away with them, the school hasn't been able to really compete in any sport since it occurred.

This stands true in football and basketball as those programs have struggled. However, Pace remained strong in baseball based on its rich tradition and location. They draw a lot from Hialeah and Miami Lakes where a lot of quality players live. They lost in the state finals last year.

Advertisement
If the parents want their kids to go to a private school and get a better education I don't blame them. However, I do not agree with a kid that transfers 3 times in his high school career. I understand why kids transfer, but if they pick a school, private or public, they should stick it out for four years. Unseen circumstances like coaching changes, or a school wanting athletes to pay tuition will always cause transfers. A combination of those two is why around 10 d1 players left McCarthy.

I got you but I wasn't necessarily referring to baseball because the majority of the kids on paces baseball teams were never on scholarship. I was talking about the football, basketball and track teams in particular. Pace recruited me out of junior high school when i was in the 9th grade by the way, I lived 5 blocks from the school. Many of my friends and relatives attended the school on scholarships back in the day. I wanna say that it was 2009-10 when the athletic schollys were taken away if memory serves me correctly.

A bunch of those Pace Baseball kids were on scholarships also

Carter does not have much influence as he is rarely there. These coaches are not necessarily pro Miami, but they preach early playing time to their players. Obviously this class of recruits has a chance to play early which is why it worked out for Miami. We have built a strong relationship with STA, and their D coordinator (Bill Tierney, formerly of Don Bosco Prep, NJ) goes way back with Dorito, and Golden. Dorito has the NJ connection which is paying huge dividends for Miami now and Temple recruited Don Bosco hard in the Golden regime.

was just about to post this...Carter's influence isn't all that much.

My former hs coach is on tstaff their at sta...and is a good dude through and through.

STA is basically a stronghold of ours imo...we pretty much go up there and get guys we focus on for the most part or atleast no where we stand VERY EARLY....

For example the Bosa kid.....we didn't even sniff that situation because from early on we knew the deal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just asking. What about Greene and Hart (my ? is why)we had no shot with either but got Philly

Greene only lived in s.fla for about a year and a half...he's from Albany,ga...SOUTH GEORGIA which is Nole territory.

Hart I don't think we wanted all that much...I think late in recruitment we came back to him...but it was something there we weren't enamored with.

Dorsett was pretty much a cane lock.

Im more into the Patrick kid at rb than Jordan Scarlett.

Thanks Prop Joe.

I was just thinking about Greene v Dorsett stats wise RG will have caught passes from three first rounders and Philly had two arm punters so far

100% agree.

It's ****in' sad.

Yep. I played ball in south georgia and Camden County was the huge offender there. They recruited me and some of my boys from our 7th grad year on. School admins would assist in the recruiting by letting players use their home addresses and stuff to transfer SMH. One of my boys was living with the principle LOL, ended up signing with Tech.

I don't know how state titles are supposed to mean anything when a group of kids zoned for one school ends up at a school halfway across the city just to be a part of some super team. It's bull****. I understand why some players and parents want to do it, but its sort of a chicken or egg thing. Would STA be getting all this attention they get now if they didn't recruit from jump? Probably not, all those studs would have went to the schools they were zoned for and they'd be some middling private school and the advantage they have now of getting kids noticed by universities wouldn't exist. And as you pointed out football would be more competitive because you'd have more great teams. Instead of all of those guys being recruited to join some powerhouse squad.

A not so funny story but Lamarcus Joyner went to Southwest High School, a high school in Westchester, his first three years. He wanted to transfer his Senior year and he was going to go to my school, Columbus, same school as Deon Bush, but he wasn't accepted in so he ended up at STA! My point is the FHSSA doesn't do their job. How does a kid who has lived and grown up in South Miami basically end up in Broward? No one even blinks an eye. We may have won States that year. That team had Jakhari Gore (Frank's younger cousin) and Gary Bush (Deon's older brother who went to play at Purdue).

100% agree.

It's ****in' sad.

A not so funny story but Lamarcus Joyner went to Southwest High School, a high school in Westchester, his first three years. He wanted to transfer his Senior year and he was going to go to my school, Columbus, same school as Deon Bush, but he wasn't accepted in so he ended up at STA! My point is the FHSSA doesn't do their job. How does a kid who has lived and grown up in South Miami basically end up in Broward? No one even blinks an eye. We may have won States that year. That team had Jakhari Gore (Frank's younger cousin) and Gary Bush (Deon's older brother who went to play at Purdue).

Lamarcus wasn't denied acceptance to CCHS because of the FHSAA.

Gary Bush had already graduated when Lamarcus attempted to transfer to Columbus. Even with him, they still would have had trouble getting through Central and Miramar (state champ).

Also, he didn't live near southwest hs. SW has a magnet program, which allows them to bring in students (football players) from different areas in Miami. WR Livington Senatus from Miami Edison, who ended up being 1st team all dade in 2006, was their first of many notable transfers/players brought in from different neighborhoods.

Advertisement
Back