HS Transfer Rumors Swirling Around

canefordays

Freshman
University school is going to graduate a number of talented seniors and the juniors are taking notice. Sean white their QB will be gone along with Yeargin and Quincy. Rumors are circulating that highly touted recruits: Rashard causey CB 2015 (miami offer), 2015 RB Jordan Scarlett (Miami offer, tied with FSU in his recruitment), 2015 DT Brandon Boyce, and 2016 WR Sam Bruce (Miami offer) may all transfer.

University school is a private school with tuition prices that exceed over 20k a year. Most of these athletes are going for free but that may soon change. U school is trying to ask athletes to pay around 7k a year which is unaffordable to most of these families. This group of 4 is trying to stick together with St. Thomas and American Heritage in mind; both schools have money and are trying to reload for another state run.

2015 American Heritage CB Tavarus McFadden was rumored to be looking at U school, but with the possibility of those kids leaving and having to pay out of pocket for school that transfer won't happen.

If Heritage or St. Thomas land those 4 U School boys they will be considered early favorites for a 2015 state championship. IMO St. Thomas has a little more talent returning then Heritage, but this will ultimately come down to money.

Transfer season is now open and look for some moves to be made before spring football starts.

*Update* 12/20
A sponsor will supposedly cover the 7 grand a year of these university school players and they are now expected to stay. Thier coach is also expected to stay as rumors were heating up for him to FAU. A players meeting will be held today to discuss everything.

*Update* 12/27
Jordan Scarlett, Sam Bruce, Reshard Causey, and Brandon Boyce have all transfered from University School to St. Thomas (confirmed via 247). This makes St. Thomas a state contender with a very talented core returning; it basically diminishes University School's program as these were the 4 most talented returning players for 2015.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Causey looked like a UM lean but im glad they'd leave so we wont have to worry about the "rumors" if we don't get them

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
its crazy the sitution at U SCHOOL...with TWO FORMER CANES On staff....with Chad Wilson and Kevin Beard and a bunch of proo um guys.

Their HC is an sta guy....who is also PRO UM in Roger Harriot....its just confusing to me..

And before people jump on the Chad Wilson...dude is a cane fan still imo...was a good dude when i met him...its just seems to be a wierd situation...oh well its No Frio's recruiting grounds any way maybe he just aint feeling the atmosphere.

We definately need the Causey kid as he is a LEGIT cb if i ever saw one...hes my #1 target as far as next years cb goes...kid is ready to play for us as a jr imo.

But this transfer stuff comes up around this time every year...i doubt those kids bounce...and it wouldnt even matter as U School recruits harder than STA...and their football team put that school on the map their not about to let that go.....you really think their bout to charge "those" kids 7k a year to go to U school?

its crazy the sitution at U SCHOOL...with TWO FORMER CANES On staff....with Chad Wilson and Kevin Beard and a bunch of proo um guys.

Their HC is an sta guy....who is also PRO UM in Roger Harriot....its just confusing to me..

And before people jump on the Chad Wilson...dude is a cane fan still imo...was a good dude when i met him...its just seems to be a wierd situation...oh well its No Frio's recruiting grounds any way maybe he just aint feeling the atmosphere.

We definately need the Causey kid as he is a LEGIT cb if i ever saw one...hes my #1 target as far as next years cb goes...kid is ready to play for us as a jr imo.

But this transfer stuff comes up around this time every year...i doubt those kids bounce...and it wouldnt even matter as U School recruits harder than STA...and their football team put that school on the map their not about to let that go.....you really think their bout to charge "those" kids 7k a year to go to U school?

I don't know whether USchool will start charging everyone to attend, but I've heard that a lot of the parents of the kids at USchool are not very pleased that they are paying the full load and their kids are not seeing the playing field, and that those folks have been very vocal in their disdain for giving scholarships to kids who keep their kids off the field.

Advertisement

I don't know whether USchool will start charging everyone to attend, but I've heard that a lot of the parents of the kids at USchool are not very pleased that they are paying the full load and their kids are not seeing the playing field, and that those folks have been very vocal in their disdain for giving scholarships to kids who keep their kids off the field.

I've heard this from a Uschool parent who has a kid on the team. They don't really like their kids sitting behind all these recruited players.

Had a feeling that would happen at U-School.

Corrupt *** football scene SMH. STA is just...

meh. If there was a concentration of talent like this anywhere else in the country, the same things would happen there too

Other areas around the country like Dallas, Houston, LA, and Atlanta have just as much talent in their cities (check the NFL drafts) and they don't have this issue as much.

I mean I get why a lot of kids do it...more exposure, better coaching, etc. And maybe I'm just old school but I feel like those dudes should go to the school they're zoned for. This recruiting **** is getting out of hand.

Advertisement
Back