HS Transfer Rumors Swirling Around

U school costs around 32k a year. Also another reason these transfer rumors are coming up is because Harriot might go to Fau

Advertisement
I'm coming at it more from the angle that it devalues state titles. Instead of dudes going to schools they're zoned for and taking those teams to new heights, they're recruited and put on a super team. That's just bull**** to me and STA is the biggest offender, probably in the entire country because they recruit nationally.

Repping your HS is supposed to mean something, at least that's how it felt when I played. I got to play with my boys I went to middle school with and we grew up in the program together. Just wouldn't be the same playing on a recruited team, but that's just me though. But I can definitely see some of the benefits in playing at a place like STA if you have college aspirations.

Corrupt *** football scene SMH. STA is just...

meh. If there was a concentration of talent like this anywhere else in the country, the same things would happen there too

Doubt it would be to this level. South Florida is full of leaches, shady people and hustlers. Folks bet big money on freakin' Pop Warner games down here. LOL

That is the truth. The level of scumbaggery in South Florida is insane. And you are not lying about the money bet on Optimist football.

Advertisement
This is what happened at Miami Pace a few years ago, the parents of non athlete kids complained about the scholarships being given to athletes and so the administration voted to do away with them, the school hasn't been able to really compete in any sport since it occurred.

its crazy the sitution at U SCHOOL...with TWO FORMER CANES On staff....with Chad Wilson and Kevin Beard and a bunch of proo um guys.

Their HC is an sta guy....who is also PRO UM in Roger Harriot....its just confusing to me..

And before people jump on the Chad Wilson...dude is a cane fan still imo...was a good dude when i met him...its just seems to be a wierd situation...oh well its No Frio's recruiting grounds any way maybe he just aint feeling the atmosphere.

We definately need the Causey kid as he is a LEGIT cb if i ever saw one...hes my #1 target as far as next years cb goes...kid is ready to play for us as a jr imo.

But this transfer stuff comes up around this time every year...i doubt those kids bounce...and it wouldnt even matter as U School recruits harder than STA...and their football team put that school on the map their not about to let that go.....you really think their bout to charge "those" kids 7k a year to go to U school?

I know a kid that was thinking about transferring there. I was told basically the same thing about the 7k per year. He also said they are trying ween all the kids of scholarships for football,eventually.

Same thing happens in NoVa and MD. Good Council and Dematha have kids from Pa, NJ and all the way down to Hampton Roads and Va Beach. Just a fact of life and these kids probably do benefit from better teachers and facilities.

I'm coming at it more from the angle that it devalues state titles. Instead of dudes going to schools they're zoned for and taking those teams to new heights, they're recruited and put on a super team. That's just bull**** to me and STA is the biggest offender, probably in the entire country because they recruit nationally.

Repping your HS is supposed to mean something, at least that's how it felt when I played. I got to play with my boys I went to middle school with and we grew up in the program together. Just wouldn't be the same playing on a recruited team, but that's just me though. But I can definitely see some of the benefits in playing at a place like STA if you have college aspirations.

If you play at STA, you WILL get noticed. It's that simple. Every college knows STA and they all send corches to STA.

Advertisement
U school costs around 32k a year.

That is not accurate. Here are the tuition rates from USchool's website:

2013-14 Tuition
Grade Level Tuition
Grades Pre K—1 $16,750
Grades 2 - 5 $18,500
Grades 6 - 8 $19,800
Grades 9 - 12 $21,600

Its probably about $5K higher. In addition to the quoted tuition, there are all types of additional fees; technology, activity, etc.

Advertisement
This is what happened at Miami Pace a few years ago, the parents of non athlete kids complained about the scholarships being given to athletes and so the administration voted to do away with them, the school hasn't been able to really compete in any sport since it occurred.

As far as football is concerned....their talent level dropped drastically as soon as MIRAMAR became legit.

Miami Pace recruiting base forever has been "Miramar"....believe me i know i was recruited to go their with the rest of my friends and neighbors who went there.

Their recruiting ground is Miramar/Carol City...when those two schools are kicking up dust their talent level drops drastically..add the U-Schools,Champagnat that attack the private school taent pool and thats what happens....

Advertisement
I was waiting for this to hit the board. Rumors have been out there since mid-season

Harriot probably going to FAU

Looks like the U School kids are going to STA

The whole recruiting thing is ten times worse in AAU. I hope the 7on 7 doesn't get as bad

Well on its way. Basketball will always be a little more marketable at the high school level as far as individual players go, because they get drafted younger. They're big time prospects are much closer to the shelf. But these 7 on 7 tournaments are big time, and South Florida is going to be a powerhouse. That makes building the wall all that much more important.

Advertisement
Back