X's and O's How will Amari carter be used in 2021?

Okay now I know you're trolling, lol.
dead *** serious as a linebacker slash striker he will be a very impactful player, I believe he was used wrong last year too far away from the ball. This is one fickle fan base you can see his talent on the videos. Hes not great as a deep safety. Him and K. SMith will be our best linebackers. There was a poster who said Carter looks like a linebacker now..this is the answer for our defense. Less Flagg more A. carter. Amari carter will lead the canes in tackles vs Alabama

Advertisement
Look forward to getting back to see the Amari from when he was a freshman. Around the box, blitzing, etc. interestingly, Gil and Amari play the same position, similar sizes but I’d say much different skill sets.

If he will primarily play striker, I wonder if he has the foot speed to cover slot wr down field.. He will get tested on slot fades and such..
Same... worried about Rb out of the backfield. But he seems to diagnose quickly

dead *** serious as a linebacker slash striker he will be a very impactful player, I believe he was used wrong last year too far away from the ball. This is one fickle fan base you can see his talent on the videos. Hes not great as a deep safety. Him and K. SMith will be our best linebackers. There was a poster who said Carter looks like a linebacker now..this is the answer for our defense. Less Flagg more A. carter. Amari carter will lead the canes in tackles vs Alabama

I have no idea how good Carter will be at LB, but he has the athleticism for it. Keontra was a no brainer, too. They should have played them both there since their second years as Canes. Would be incredible if our LBs actually led the team in tackles like they're supposed to.

Same... worried about Rb out of the backfield. But he seems to diagnose quickly
He has weaknesses cover skills down the field isnt one of them. I believe his physicallity, agressiveness outweigh the cover skills. We gotta stop the run and the screens and stuff. Saban is gonna be conservative with Young at least in the beginning.

Advertisement
It’s not madden tho dawg lol a mike backers responsibility is to be the QB I understand y’all don’t like Flagg but he’s the smartest player in the room no matter what room he’s in..you can’t just replace that easily with a safety convert lol

It’s not madden tho dawg lol a mike backers responsibility is to be the QB I understand y’all don’t like Flagg but he’s the smartest player in the room no matter what room he’s in..you can’t just replace that easily with a safety convert lol
I like a lot of your takes, but Carter knows this D inside and out better than anyone else in the room. Guy is smart. Not saying Flagg isn’t and if he is the best MLB we got I’m good with him on the field for that. I hope he plays well.

Smartest player maybe, but I guarantee dude cant break a 5.0 in the 40 and he isnt some physical specimen out there hes small.. we playin Bama dawg not Duke. I dont wanna see Flagg on the field on 3rd down. Amari is a better blitzer and has more range regardless

Advertisement
Smartest player maybe, but I guarantee dude cant break a 5.0 in the 40 and he isnt some physical specimen out there hes small.. we playin Bama dawg not Duke. I dont wanna see Flagg on the field on 3rd down. Amari is a better blitzer and has more range regardless
**** I don’t wanna see Amari on the field on 3rd down.. now what lol if with either dude you’re losing something go with the younger option who has a opportunity to grow.. what good is a DB who couldn’t cover a bed with a sheet. and yes he runs better than 5.0 in the 40 although I’m sure you’re exaggerating.

**** I don’t wanna see Amari on the field on 3rd down.. now what lol if with either dude you’re losing something go with the younger option who has a opportunity to grow.. what good is a DB who couldn’t cover a bed with a sheet. and yes he runs better than 5.0 in the 40 although I’m sure you’re exaggerating.
3rd down I dont wanna see Amari Carter covering any body either that not his strong suit he better be blitzing, attacking the RB on a screen or spying on the QB. and heres Flaggs souting report coming outta high school. You dont think BAmas OC knows this about Flagg? They are gonna abuse homeboy and put him in space.

At 4.96 in the 40 yard dash but 4.43 in the short shuttle, Flagg Jr. is definitely quicker than he is fast. His quickness is an asset in coming downhill to fill gaps and play the run, so that’s a bonus. But, if Flagg Jr. is put in space, if he doesn’t have a head start running, or is put up against a very shifty offensive player, things can get dicey.

Like many players at this position, Flagg Jr. is a headbussa when playing the run, but can be a fish out of water when tasked with pass coverage. It’s easy to see when watching Flagg’s film which one he likes better (it’s playing the run, by infinity).

was he the one that knocked out goldilocks for a bit vs Clemson on a blitz?

3rd down I dont wanna see Amari Carter covering any body either that not his strong suit he better be blitzing, attacking the RB on a screen or spying on the QB. and heres Flaggs souting report coming outta high school. You dont think BAmas OC knows this about Flagg? They are gonna abuse homeboy and put him in space.

At 4.96 in the 40 yard dash but 4.43 in the short shuttle, Flagg Jr. is definitely quicker than he is fast. His quickness is an asset in coming downhill to fill gaps and play the run, so that’s a bonus. But, if Flagg Jr. is put in space, if he doesn’t have a head start running, or is put up against a very shifty offensive player, things can get dicey.

Like many players at this position, Flagg Jr. is a headbussa when playing the run, but can be a fish out of water when tasked with pass coverage. It’s easy to see when watching Flagg’s film which one he likes better (it’s playing the run, by infinity).
He ran a laser 4.96 on a **** near tore up ankle. But I think y’all are overthinking it. It’s bama.. they don’t do much of running around anybody. They’re gonna run it right at him. But yes they’ll put him in space just like they should put DJ ivey on a island. It’s the game everyone has weaknesses

Advertisement
He ran a laser 4.96 on a **** near tore up ankle. But I think y’all are overthinking it. It’s bama.. they don’t do much of running around anybody. They’re gonna run it right at him. But yes they’ll put him in space just like they should put DJ ivey on a island. It’s the game everyone has weaknesses
WR screen you think Flagg making it to the sideline? Naw mane . But yes your right, but dude just plays too slow for me. Its not abouthte 40 time its about how he looked in high school and how he looked last year. Hope he improved tremendously but I think hes gonna get embarassed Give me Carter on 3rd down and let Manny do his crazy blitzing its who whe are

Advertisement
So, you're saying Flaff is small, but slow?

WR screen you think Flagg making it to the sideline? Naw mane . But yes your right, but dude just plays too slow for me. Its not abouthte 40 time its about how he looked in high school and how he looked last year. Hope he improved tremendously but I think hes gonna get embarassed Give me Carter on 3rd down and let Manny do his crazy blitzing its who whe are
I respect what you saying it’s not a crazy thought to think he’s gonna get toasted lol for the record tho even tho he was my guy I was livid he was out there last year. He was overweight and not ready. He’s in good shape this year. Let’s just see what happens

So, you're sayin Flagg is small, but slow?

Last edited:
I like a lot of your takes, but Carter knows this D inside and out better than anyone else in the room. Guy is smart. Not saying Flagg isn’t and if he is the best MLB we got I’m good with him on the field for that. I hope he plays well.
Fair enough. Amari is well respected for his intelligence on and off the field

Advertisement
Back