Here's a Richt quote that deserves to be examined...

Well based on that there are only two possible truths

1) Richt screwed the pooch and shouldn't be calling plays anymore because it's impacting the other facets of his job

or

2) Richt is incompetent because there IS a better option on the roster and he didn't go with it.

There is nowhere for Richt supporters to run on this issue, he's either guilty of not recruiting/developing the right guy, or he's guilty of not being to identify the right guy even when he's right in front of him.

It shouldn't take a loss in the first game to go with the "better option". My money is on Perry being a disappointment, Richt knowing it, and it's starting to become a situation where things could get ugly.

As a Canes fan, I hope you're wrong. Hopefully it's option #3.... Miami fixes the QB issue and goes on to win a bunch of games.

But at this point, all we can do is wait and see, I reckon.

Advertisement
Im off the bandwagon with the staff in terms of bringing us to being elite, i had concerns when we whiffed on signing day twice in a row. Sunday made me lean all the way too this isnt going to work out mode.

I'm sure that if you corner Don Bailey Jr in a dark room, with no one around and no threat of the conversation being recorded...that even he would tell you Richt is nowhere near elite.

I don't have to be a QB guru to know that if your quarterback is hitting his back foot and immediately looking to bail out of the pocket that he's not your dude

As a Canes fan, I hope you're wrong. Hopefully it's option #3.... Miami fixes the QB issue and goes on to win a bunch of games.

But at this point, all we can do is wait and see, I reckon.

I've spent the last 16 years hoping I was wrong when it comes to our coaching staff, administration, and anyone in a position of power to influence this program.

I'm sick and tired of this ****. I want this team to win. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that Rosier is not the guy. He wouldn't start at 90% of D1 programs.

Advertisement
We truly are insufferable as a fan base :cautious::cautious:
Same crap occurring that happened when coaches were Coker, Shannon and Golden. The spoiled fan base will never be satisfied with anything unless we win another national championship. The U has developed a reputation of recycling coaches every 5 years. When next coach has to be hired , no top coach will be interested in coaching at this perceived grave yard for coaches. Maybe Richt can not get us a championship. I do feel he can average 9-10 wins a season. No doubt not good enough for you spoiled “kids”. Face the reality that what we did from 1983-2002 is ancient history. I want us to win every game and win numerous ships. But, changing coaches every 5 years has badly tarnished our image within the coaching community.

I'm sick and tired of this ****. I want this team to win. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that Rosier is not the guy. He wouldn't start at 90% of D1 programs.
Last year we won 10 games. Not good enough for you? We did lose to a lousy pitt team. Clemson was in final four and Wisconsin almost made playoffs. This year LSU May be a top 10 team at end of year. No excuses; but your sights may be set too high. The Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio state, Auburn and several other teams have much more talent than us. We have very good receivers. Period. Rest of team players are average. Blame coaching for poor recruiting, but reality is that our past mojo no longer exists. Most top high school players now want to go to above mentioned colleges.

Same crap occurring that happened when coaches were Coker, Shannon and Golden. The spoiled fan base will never be satisfied with anything unless we win another national championship. The U has developed a reputation of recycling coaches every 5 years. When next coach has to be hired , no top coach will be interested in coaching at this perceived grave yard for coaches. Maybe Richt can not get us a championship. I do feel he can average 9-10 wins a season. No doubt not good enough for you spoiled “kids”. Face the reality that what we did from 1983-2002 is ancient history. I want us to win every game and win numerous ships. But, changing coaches every 5 years has badly tarnished our image within the coaching community.

4 active HCs have won a NC in their career (Saban, Dabo, Urban, Jimbo). Just 10 years ago that number was 15. This should add perspective, but i doubt it will. Money and buying of kids has destroyed the brand to be quite honest. I would very much like congress to pull their tax exemption and anti trust status. Watch the playing field level a bit then when schools have to pay taxes on everything bring in and spend on the programs

If Rick is asking him to do what he’s been doing at QB, then he needs to be Baker Acted.

When coaches start with the “fans don’t understand this nuclear physics that is football” bullshyt they’re in scuffle mode.

Not good. Richt is probably HORRIFED to put these freshman in vs SAV ST cuz one of them is going to get our ****s hard & the noise is going to get even louder.

Advertisement

Great point here. I actually wonder with all the responsibilities a HC has, how much time is MR actually spending on preparing an offensive game plan each week, versus allowing Brown to do all the work then Mark just calls plays on gameday.
I think Brown should call plays for the remainder of the season and if he sucks at it, then we definitely look for an outside option during the offseason. I think Brown does better than Richt does without a doubt.

I think Brown should call plays for the remainder of the season and if he sucks at it, then we definitely look for an outside option during the offseason. I think Brown does better than Richt does without a doubt.

It’s more scheme then plays.

Advertisement

I'm sure you're plugged in to the coaching community, and can tell us all about how they perceive Miami, right? :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Just so you're aware, the average tenure for a coach in the SEC is 4 years. The #1 school had an average of 5.1 years. Here's a link if you don't believe me:

What is the all-time average coaching tenure for every SEC school?

But I'm sure the fact that we usually change coaches every 5 years is just killing our "image within the coaching community." According to you.

GTFOH.

Fans are what they are. They want to win. Get the **** over it.

On one hand I think it's a bit premature for the Richt should be fired talk but on the other hand I ask myself..Has a coach ever been fired from a top program and then gone on to win a championship with another? Whether we like to admit it or not theres usually a reason why a coach who was at a place that was located in a hotbed of talent and plenty of resources couldn't get to the big game in 15 years there.

This EXACT question was asked multiple times on this board during the Gorlden years.

EXACT QUESTION!

lulz Fvck Mark Rich and his retirement plan. He's a smug stubborn son of a btich.

And I don't blame him. He has Carte Blanche in Coral Gables.

I think administration wants SAFE, thats why they chose CMR rather than Butch Davis.
Butch is a killer in the same league as Saban, Meyer etc. I was watching wthe game with a long term Dawg fan.
his comment " well welcome to my world.... this was pretty much what he did for 15 years at UGA.

Advertisement
Let me clarify my position here...I am not calling for Richt to be fired.

I did say if he was coaching Rosier to do what he did, making the mistakes he did over and over again that he could pack his bags and head on. That being said...I don't think that's what he is doing. That was hyperbole on my part. I think Richt is trying to coach Rosier the right way...Rosier just can't do it...which is why someone else needs a shot, be it Perry, Weldon, or Williams.

I called this stuff out because it was bad and needed to be called out, but I'm not ready to give to a banner fund just yet.

Gotcha on the Fisch thing and i think what he did at Memphis was great. Not taking anything away from Fuente. Like i said i like him and i think he is a good coach, i really do. I also think we will beat them 8 of 10 times while he is in Blacksburg, well see won't we. And to be exact he scored 17 points as his specials scored 7 points, but they also had the ball in Florida State territory for the whole third quarter and came away with 0 points. It happens, that's the point of that comment.

I get it man, i'm not happy about losing or the way we lost, not happy about the way we looked, not happy about seeing 12 out there for another year. I want someone else besides 12 in there too. I would like to go with NP5 and say fugg it, but i don't know if i would want to do that if we get an 8-4 type year. I don't have any answers, but it's easy to say just bench 12, he should never play, he sucks, but not quite sure that is the answer either
But are you willing to ride with 12 to an 8-4 season? Because IMO with the negativity already surrounding him it could happen. Let alone the difference between how recruits view our team. Are we a team on the rise at 8-4 with a new young qb? Or are we a floundering 8-4 team with a qb that should have been benched? It’s a bad look IMO.

Advertisement
Back