Here's a Richt quote that deserves to be examined...

Advertisement
I hate to see Richt digging in. I still think he's a great coach, but this isn't a great sign IMO.

There's a little something called "collective intelligence" which is worth considering here. Yes, individual fans might not know as much as Mark Richt. But when thousands of people are seeing and telling you the same thing, it might be worth looking in to. Even the greatest expert won't ever see everything.

I'm getting the suspicion that there's an echo chamber going on at Hecht.... a lot of groupthink. In other words, they're seeing things through their own particular frame and aren't really open to dissent and outside opinions. Not a good thing, IMO.

The fact that he's digging in and standing behind Rosier come **** or high water is exposing a huge, glaring blind spot in his evaluations, and it's not good. He needs to rethink this.

It requires great skill and nuance to lose 4 in a row and mismanage the QB position, all while being a horrible play caller.

Us commoners would never understand what goes into it. In fact, I'm not even sure how these letters I'm touching with my fingers on my devil machine are showing up in this here box. Welp, I guess some things are better left to science. Leave these type of fancy book learning things to brilliant men like Mark Richt, who sounds like Foghorn Leghorn and whose offense gets less yards than the Make A Wish kids at spring games.

Last edited:
I hate to see Richt digging in. I still think he's a great coach, but this isn't a great sign IMO.

There's a little something called "collective intelligence" which is worth considering here. Yes, individual fans might not know as much as Mark Richt. But when thousands of people are seeing and telling you the same thing, it might be worth looking in to. Even the greatest expert won't ever see everything.

I'm getting the suspicion that there's an echo chamber going on at Hecht.... a lot of groupthink. In other words, they're seeing things through their own particular frame and aren't really open to dissent and outside opinions. Not a good thing, IMO.

The fact that he's digging in and standing behind Rosier come **** or high water is showing off his blind spot, and it's not good.

I think it's deeper than that, and at the core of all this is the disease.

The problem is I think he has realized he screwed the pooch on roster construction when it comes to 2018. He is NOW realizing he should have maybe hitched his wagon to someone other than Perry and probably should have pursued a transfer to act as a "bridge" until he actually finds a competent QB.

Him defending Rosier at this point is an absolute conflict of interest because benching him would further indict himself on whiffing as a recruiter, evaluator, and developer at the position. Richt failed himself and is having a hard time admitting it publicly.

He also needs to stop ******* calling plays. That would free up more time to recruiter/evaluate/develop the roster instead of wasting all his time preparing for something he's horrible at. His stubbornness with regards to calling plays is having a detrimental trickle effect all the way down the line.

Though I agree with the sentiment that yes players would still leave. But the issue we have really had here is coaching. We need a legit x's and o's guru here. We have not had that in I don't know how long. Seriously, who's the last like semi innovative mind we have had here on offense? Fisch? Whipple? I don't know about those guys... but I do believe a guy like Leach though he's weird as **** would at the very least be an offensive juggernaut here. And kids (wrs/Qbs anyway) would wanna play for him. Obviously there are drawbacks to anyone. But we currently are trotting out easily the ugliest offensive semblance of a P5 school. I can sit in my living room and call the plays. Like do we really need play action on 3rd and 15? That's pathetic.

Maybe you didn't watch the game last night. Fuente has 7 plays, none ground breaking nor creative. They scored and made big plays on.....fades that were really poorly thrown except the fact they were inbounds (i know better than 12 right there). Do you want panhandle schools offensive play calling? What's his excuse. He has a competent QB.

I still don't get where all of this Jedd Fisch was creative or a good OC comes from. He is turrible and probably a decent offensive assistant at best. I still don't think Leach is anything special and we'd have gotten 5 wins a year with him the last two years. Plus his offensive play calls are less creative than fuente. Have you ever really watched his offense or heard a chalk talk given on the air raid? Nothing ground breaking

Advertisement
1) Golden pulled this "common fan" bullsh1t too. Coaches who throw that around are feeling the pressure and are just trying to rationalize fan opinion by claiming the high ground that comes with them being the HC...even if fans have a point (and we do in this situation). I've liked Richt for a long time, but he's losing major points with me if he's going to start with this chickensh1t stuff.

2) Most of our opinions aren't based on us looking at the box score post-game. A lot of us didn't play D1 or in college at all, but most of us have played football at some level growing up. I don't care if you played in SFla or VA (like I did). You can watch a game and take everything in context with a QB's performance...the good and the bad. There are circumstances where a bad throw or INT isn't really the fault of the QB - take the 2nd pick that Malik threw...he got hit by backside pressure right as he was throwing it...most QBs are going to get picked in that situation. So...let's not grade him harshly for that - agreed.

But as long as we're grading - the overthrows we saw time after time, the inaccuracy on most balls, the ill-advised pick 6 where he was indecisive and double-clutched (yes the ball was tipped by LSU's DT, but that was likely being picked regardless...threw into triple coverage!!!) - so...how does all of that factor into his grade? What was his grade? Sure - no QB is perfect, I can agree with that...but not every QB is missing throws as badly as Malik is.

I know he can't out and out throw Malik under the bus when he's talking to the media...but come on. You don't have to defend him by tossing out the "common fan doesn't understand" ****, and you don't talk about grades you're never going to share w/the media or fans as some kind of justification for your methods. If you're going to bring them up - show us the grades. If you're not going to show them, don't bring them up as some excuse.

As for all of the "we know what we're asking him to do" stuff...it's one of two things. In the words of Mario Cristobal quoting Jimmy Johnson: "There's two things you do on that field - what I coach you to do, and what I allow you to do." So...which is it, Mark? Is it that you're coaching Malik to do these things we're seeing on the field that lead to bad results? Or are you coaching him to do one thing and allowing him to do another that fvcks everything up? If it's the former - you can GFY and pack your bags. If it's the latter, then sit Malik's *** down and let another guy have a crack at executing what you're coaching your QBs to do.

I feel Mark just took another major L with that you "common fans" don't know sht excuse. Just be honest Richt, you gave us the "common fans" dog **** and now you are trying to word wiggle and mind ***** us "common fans" with more reverse psychology shizt. Lost more respect for this guy.

Most of loudest criers probably didn't want CMR here to start with. they wanted Butch da Gawd or Herman Da Gawd, or Fuente Da Gawd or whatever. I get it and i agree this is what happens with a meltdown, but i mean as a fan base we're starting to go full on ****** and we should never go full ******. Comparing anything CMR has done or will do to either Golden, Shannon, or anyone else of the last 18 years is doing just that. I get disappointment and let down and all, but dayum this is just fookin sad.
I never disagreed with his hire. I am happy with the IPF and his stability brought to the program. I’m even happy with most of his recruiting. But what he does with the recruits is hard to fathom. Why a 4* sits while a 2* is given the keys to the Lamborghini, especially when he wrecks it every time he leaves the driveway, is appalling. To top it off, the QB coach is an errand boy from his household. What gives?

And LSU, Pitt, Wisconsin, Clemson... I’m not the only one that has figured out Rosier sucks. And if, IF Rosier is the best option, and Richt isn’t even trying to take a QB this cycle, what the **** does it say about the man? We don’t need a Greentree superstar. We need a gamer, and Richt needs to figure out the **** difference.

Finally some substance. I don't disagree with that you're saying about the gamer, but that's what we all called Malik last year right? Let me state this right now so we're clear....if i'm CMR i'm doing whatever i can to get NK5 ready to panhandle school, without totally destroying any value #12 still has. Plus you don't think CMR knows Malik isn't good? Come on mane!

What QB should we take this cycle? It's a VERY down year this year at the position. Not sure there is a real difference maker in all of them.

The problem is I think he has realized he screwed the pooch on roster construction when it comes to 2018. He is NOW realizing he should have maybe hitched his wagon to someone other than Perry and probably should have pursued a transfer to act as a "bridge" until he actually finds a competent QB.

Him defending Rosier at this point is an absolute conflict of interest because benching him would further indict himself on whiffing as a recruiter, evaluator, and developer at the position. Richt failed himself and is having a hard time admitting it publicly.

He also needs to stop ******* calling plays. That would free up more time to recruiter/evaluate/develop the roster instead of wasting all his time preparing for something he's horrible at. His stubbornness with regards to calling plays is having a detrimental trickle effect all the way down the line.

That part really gets me too. If Perry really isn't the answer, then why the **** didn't we get a grad transfer this offseason? Why the **** aren't we recruiting any quarterbacks right now for 2019?

None of it adds up. Even if he thinks Rosier is the next Joe Montana, what the **** was the plan supposed to be for 2019, if he can't trust Perry/Weldon/Williams? Rosier is a senior, and he's gone after this year regardless. What was the plan going forward?

Advertisement
That part really gets me too. If Perry really isn't the answer, then why the **** didn't we get a grad transfer this offseason? Why the **** aren't we recruiting any quarterbacks right now for 2019?

None of it adds up. Even if he thinks Rosier is the next Joe Montana, what the **** was the plan supposed to be for 2019, if he can't trust Perry/Weldon/Williams? Rosier is a senior, and he's gone after this year regardless. What was the plan going forward?

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to the question of how the F did we NOT have a Plan B in place for Feagles.

Reports all summer have been that the kid still has the yips....yet no transfer was sought out, no freaking soccer scholarship player begged, or anything that could have posed as an alternative for a kid who is CLEARLY going through some Mackey Sasser type **** right now.

I'm telling you, him calling plays is making him a worse head coach. He needs to segregate duties like yesterday.

So now we are firing Richt? This is the same fanbase that ran Butch out of town and now everyone wants him back. Luckily, most of our fans didn't graduate from high school so I doubt they have to make difficult decisions in their daily lives.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the administration run Butch out of town by playing around and dragging their feet in terms of his extension? How is that the fault of the fans?

I never disagreed with his hire. I am happy with the IPF and his stability brought to the program. I’m even happy with most of his recruiting. But what he does with the recruits is hard to fathom. Why a 4* sits while a 2* is given the keys to the Lamborghini, especially when he wrecks it every time he leaves the driveway, is appalling. To top it off, the QB coach is an errand boy from his household. What gives?

Cant say anything or defend anything about the QB coach. I truly can't. He did win a couple of recruiting battles and assisted in getting a 10 win season out of #12 last year. I also don't think 12 is as bad as he was Sunday. Maybe against elite D's, but we won't see them that much more this year. The kid, and i know this is unpopular right now, still has value so don't destroy him is my point.

We should ask ourselves why can't the 4* do the things it takes to be the starter? Why can't they go to class? Why can't they stay out of trouble? This isn't he NFL where the millionaire Pro Bowlers have more clout with management than the HC making 1/4 of that and if you let a kid that has never done anything to deserve not to be punished for skipping class what do you think the freshman would do? Why are we giving a player who hasn't earned it a pass? Cause we very much dislike the starter? Talk about losing the locker room quickly

Last edited:
The answer to that question is the same as the answer to the question of how the F did we NOT have a Plan B in place for Feagles.

Reports all summer have been that the kid still has the yips....yet no transfer was sought out, no freaking soccer scholarship player begged, or anything that could have posed as an alternative for a kid who is CLEARLY going through some Mackey Sasser type **** right now.

I'm telling you, him calling plays is making him a worse head coach. He needs to segregate duties like yesterday.

Don't get me started on special teams. I'm not one of those guys who is clamoring for Butch Davis, but, to me, you can't have a great team without great special teams. Butch's teams always had killer special teams in all aspects.

But don't we have that Spicer kid from Florida on our roster? Not ideal, but it's not as if we don't have any options behind Feagles.

Advertisement
This guy is a loser. Period.

Made his name by being part if an autopilot machine under ol Bobby that faced no challenge from us bc of probation. And despite owning the entire south in recruiting and letting kids do whatever they wanted, they won 2 total titles.

If you arent trashing him for these comments, but you did Golden, then you are a hypocrite and not a fan of this program.

Advertisement

Great point here. I actually wonder with all the responsibilities a HC has, how much time is MR actually spending on preparing an offensive game plan each week, versus allowing Brown to do all the work then Mark just calls plays on gameday.

Don't get me started on special teams. I'm not one of those guys who is clamoring for Butch Davis, but, to me, you can't have a great team without great special teams. Butch's teams always had killer special teams in all aspects.

But don't we have that Spicer kid from Florida on our roster? Not ideal, but it's not as if we don't have any options behind Feagles.

All I know is it was pure negligence on Richt's part to walk into AT&T stadium with no plan B in place for Feagles. The poor kid probably cost us an aggregate of 60-70 yards of field postion by himself.

Great point here. I actually wonder with all the responsibilities a HC has, how much time is MR actually spending on preparing an offensive game plan each week, versus allowing Brown to do all the work then Mark just calls plays on gameday.

Probably all of it or the vast majority.

I've been saying it for 2 years now, him giving up play calling duties would make him a better head coach and allow him to run this team from a higher altitude where his years of experience could best be put to use.

The problem is our administation are a bunch of clueless apathetic ***** who won't say a thing to him. Blake James should have already forced him to give up play calling duties and I'd be willing to bet everything I own it hasn't even been discussed. He'll never be challenged here by anyone internally.

THAT is the ultimate disease at play here. The custodians of our beloved program don't give a F.

It requires great skill and nuance to lose 4 in a row and mismanage the QB position, all while being a horrible play caller.

Us commoners would never understand what goes into it. In fact, I'm not even sure how these letters I'm touching with my fingers on my devil machine are showing up in this here box. Welp, I guess some things are better left to science. Leave these type of fancy book learning things to brilliant men like Mark Richt, who sounds like Foghorn Leghorn and whose offense gets less yards than the Make A Wish kids at spring games.
Dead

Advertisement
Back