Here's a Richt quote that deserves to be examined...

Ok this is pretty simple.

"We grade him on technique" He had happy feet all night and releases the ball too early in his delivery causing is to sail. "We grade him on his accuracy" Plays were there to be made all night, there were receivers running open all night, and while the blocking wasn't perfect (news flash it never is) there were plenty of plays where he had clean pockets to step up in and deliver the ball to receivers running open yet almost all big plays that were made were highlight reel catches and other were missed by a mile. "We grade him on his job" His job as a 5th year senior is to run the offense and the offense was dreadful on 3rd down, less than 50% completion percentage, 2 interceptions (one pick 6), and the offense didn't score a touchdown till early 4th quarter when it was 30-3 and we were essentially out of it. Based off all that after what happened to end last year.........................he failed and any coach with a brain in his head can see it. No excuses, the young QBs deserve their shot and the only reason they don't get it is to cover Richt's *** with an excuse.

Advertisement
Is Rosier..Richt's recruit or Golden's? Also..isn't it more retarded to start a QB who helped your offense rank 125th in the country on 3rd down conversions the yr prior? Did Mark Whipple or Jedd Fisch ever accomplish that during their tenure at Mia? In fact they never accomplished that negative milestone even with less talent. The cracks are starting to become visible in the foundation; I hope it's not a forewarning for things to come. And finally..the barometer for whether Richt is the right coach for Mia, should not be if he's able to field a competitive team in the coastal division of the ACC. It should be whether he actually possesses the ability to win a coaching chess match with the elite defensive minds in the game like Saban, Venables, Smart, or Aranda. Up to this pt..the answer to that last question has been a resounding NO.

You saved this piece of sheeeeet dribble as your first post? WE haven't been good on third down for YEARS. That doesnt get fixed over night and it starts up front. Those players take time to find, develop, and make an impact. Do us a favor and start posting. Cracks in the foundation hahhahaha. Whatever ya moron. People like you think we should be competing for NCs "cause it year 3" or think we should be magically somewhere else. Good luck. I posted yesterday there are 4 active coaches with NCs. People like you will want to fire everyone every couple of years because they're not Saban, Urban, Dabo, or Jimbo.

Richt will have this UM as an elite program year after year after year. Golden was a joke and to compare him to Richt is just outright silly. Golden wouldn't have left UGA better than he found them trust me. Give the man some time.

Well, I hope so, because Richt seems to be headed down the same path of stubborness as Folden.

I wish he would hire a top notch OC and just take control of the overall direction of the team's performance ... instead of getting into micro managing of either side of the ball.

And another thing, is to get rid of his son as coach.... reeks of the Bobby and Jeff Bowden debacle ...
Rule No 1 of hiring: Never hire someone you cannot fire
Rule No 2: Hire assistants who know better than you and let them do their work. Hold them accountable based on results not your relationships.

As Jimmy mentioned on the reason for the success of his asst coaches, "I try to hire the best asst coaches I can get, and get the **** out of their way".

We have the most amateur set of asst coaches and that shows in our inconsistent, uneven performances ....

Any seasoned CEO knows that hiring the best possible people that money can buy, is the key to the success and consistent performance of your organization. Only amateur, insecure leaders hire people under them who know less than themselves.

Richt needs to hire top assts and let them do their job...

Last edited:
So now we are firing Richt? This is the same fanbase that ran Butch out of town and now everyone wants him back. Luckily, most of our fans didn't graduate from high school so I doubt they have to make difficult decisions in their daily lives.

Butch left on his own accord for NFL money...contrary to the desires of the fanbase...bad comparison.

Advertisement
If you aren’t rolling as a team by year 3 something is wrong. We’ve had good recruiting. Kids have been in the system for 3 years. Been working under a new S&C staff for 3 years.

Offense looks worse, Defesne looks worse, and special teams look worse. That’s not a good trend.

I’m sorry but these results will not change over the course of the season unless drastic changes happen to the staff.

You can’t have multiple 4 game losing streaks. Another bad trend.

Once again this is what we get when we have subpar coaching at major posiontions. Jr, Searles, Patke, Hartley, Rumph, Banda need to get the pink slip.

Advertisement
Nobody said Richt needs to be fired, fans are ****ed because we got the sh*t beat out of us by LSU.

You "Super fans" always jump out the window when fans criticize the Coach but he hasn't won the ACC or a National championship so he hasn't earned the right to be above reproach.

Fans have every right to be ****ed & hold the Coaching staff accountable, their job is to prepare our players for these games & put them in the best position to win, and they didn't do that.

Grasping at straws & making excuses is the work of fools, Richt gets paid a lot of money to produce results EVERY YEAR, not just sometimes. He has the chance to turn the season around after a bad start & he needs to get it done, simple as that.
Couldn't have said it any better... Richt failed to prepare after 9 months. To continue to play #12 shows lack of preparation as a coach

Last edited:
Question should be are we winning with his playing performance if answer no change is needed.do what it takes to win.

Advertisement
Back