Here's a Richt quote that deserves to be examined...

BWCD

Junior
"I know what we're telling him. I know what we're teaching him. I know what he's seeing and what he's doing on any particular play. The common fan doesn't really know what we're asking him to do," Richt said when asked to evaluate Rosier's play. "They just look at the numbers – did he complete so many? did he not? did he throw an interception? or did he not? We grade him on his job. We grade him for his technique. We grade him for a decision he makes – good or bad. And we grade him for his accuracy. No quarterback has ever been perfect and we understand that."

1) Golden pulled this "common fan" bullsh1t too. Coaches who throw that around are feeling the pressure and are just trying to rationalize fan opinion by claiming the high ground that comes with them being the HC...even if fans have a point (and we do in this situation). I've liked Richt for a long time, but he's losing major points with me if he's going to start with this chickensh1t stuff.

2) Most of our opinions aren't based on us looking at the box score post-game. A lot of us didn't play D1 or in college at all, but most of us have played football at some level growing up. I don't care if you played in SFla or VA (like I did). You can watch a game and take everything in context with a QB's performance...the good and the bad. There are circumstances where a bad throw or INT isn't really the fault of the QB - take the 2nd pick that Malik threw...he got hit by backside pressure right as he was throwing it...most QBs are going to get picked in that situation. So...let's not grade him harshly for that - agreed.

But as long as we're grading - the overthrows we saw time after time, the inaccuracy on most balls, the ill-advised pick 6 where he was indecisive and double-clutched (yes the ball was tipped by LSU's DT, but that was likely being picked regardless...threw into triple coverage!!!) - so...how does all of that factor into his grade? What was his grade? Sure - no QB is perfect, I can agree with that...but not every QB is missing throws as badly as Malik is.

I know he can't out and out throw Malik under the bus when he's talking to the media...but come on. You don't have to defend him by tossing out the "common fan doesn't understand" ****, and you don't talk about grades you're never going to share w/the media or fans as some kind of justification for your methods. If you're going to bring them up - show us the grades. If you're not going to show them, don't bring them up as some excuse.

As for all of the "we know what we're asking him to do" stuff...it's one of two things. In the words of Mario Cristobal quoting Jimmy Johnson: "There's two things you do on that field - what I coach you to do, and what I allow you to do." So...which is it, Mark? Is it that you're coaching Malik to do these things we're seeing on the field that lead to bad results? Or are you coaching him to do one thing and allowing him to do another that fvcks everything up? If it's the former - you can GFY and pack your bags. If it's the latter, then sit Malik's *** down and let another guy have a crack at executing what you're coaching your QBs to do.

Advertisement
Get this guy the **** out of here. (not the OP)

We are never winning big with him. Lets move on to someone we at least have chance to be better with, even if it means we have a chance to be worse.

I totally agree Richt sounds just like Golden.

Don't need to know anything about football to know when there is a wide open receiver and the ball is thrown nowhere near him, that the QB made a mistake. Now do that constantly and even my grandmother could tell you he sucks. So congrats on looking off the safety, freeing up a wide open receiver, only to completely miss him on the pass, you get a treat. It is much more than the results he looked good in the new uniform, so it is all ok

Advertisement
Richt is right some of us don’t know what he’s asking Rosier to do but Richt sure as **** ain’t asking him to miss WR’s by 10 ft.

I like Mark but he’s about to **** off a solid fan of this program with that bs.

We grade him on his job. We grade him for his technique. We grade him for a decision he makes – good or bad. And we grade him for his accuracy. No quarterback has ever been perfect and we understand that."

I'm okay with what Richt said....
IF this is really what they grade him on when evaluating his performance.
We don't know what the coaches ask him to do but we know about his technique, decision making, and accuracy.

Richt is right some of us don’t know what he’s asking Rosier to do but Richt sure as **** ain’t asking him to miss WR’s by 10 ft.

I like Mark but he’s about to **** off a solid fan of this program with that bs.

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

jeezus, this reminds me of Alf's "money down conversion" rate and finding some obscure metric to validate his improving defense.

Advertisement
This is that ol "it was an incomplete pass, but he made the right decision" bullsh*t...

image.jpeg

That's how you know you've lost the benefit of the doubt, when you start running out the "fans don't know the game" jargon.

Results matter. We were down by 30 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter & literally didn't convert a 1st down in the 1st half. Those last 2 TD's were garbage time scores after LSU took their foot off the gas.

Eddie Orgeron just beat the dogsh*t out of you on a prime time nationally televised game Coach, don't sell me a bottle of **** & tell me it's lemonade. Get your got **** team ready for ACC play & stop having 4 game losing streaks.

jeezus, this reminds me of Alf's "money down conversion" rate and finding some obscure metric to validate his improving defense.
This was a terrible sound bite by CMR. One which he could have avoided all together of he didn't try to sell us the mularkey that Malik is much improved etc etc a backtrack from his open competition to the bitter end quote. If he doesn't like the scrutiny that comes with the choice of playing 12 come **** or high water, then do more to prove to us that it is justifiable other than saying "it's too difficult for me to understand".

Advertisement
The common fan knows that an F'n completed pass is better than an incomplete pass. This common fan is also smart enough to know the staff is not calling for incomplete passes. Pretty sure they are not asking him to be as wildly erratic as possible, but hey, what do I know?

We truly are insufferable as a fan base :cautious::cautious:
This is just the product of a complete let down. If we continue down this path more and more will turn against Richt. Right now probably only 5% or fewer want him gone. This a platform for everyone to opine about the current state of the program so it's not surprising for some to already hate Richt. Every game Rosier starts and every time Richt tells us it's us that doesn't understand the game, Richt's seat heats up.

Advertisement
So now we are firing Richt? This is the same fanbase that ran Butch out of town and now everyone wants him back. Luckily, most of our fans didn't graduate from high school so I doubt they have to make difficult decisions in their daily lives.

This is just the product of a complete let down. If we continue down this path more and more will turn against Richt. Right now probably only 5% or fewer want him gone. This a platform for everyone to opine about the current state of the program so it's not surprising for some to already hate Richt. Every game Rosier starts and every time Richt tells us it's us that doesn't understand the game, Richt's seat heats up.

Most of loudest criers probably didn't want CMR here to start with. they wanted Butch da Gawd or Herman Da Gawd, or Fuente Da Gawd or whatever. I get it and i agree this is what happens with a meltdown, but i mean as a fan base we're starting to go full on ****** and we should never go full ******. Comparing anything CMR has done or will do to either Golden, Shannon, or anyone else of the last 18 years is doing just that. I get disappointment and let down and all, but dayum this is just fookin sad.

Coach Richt needs to remember, he is paid to coach, not tell fans they dont know anything. Fans basically pay his salary. The minute common fans stop showing up, his seat gets mighty hot. He is not above reproach, and he better learn that quick.

Can you tell by watching the game whether or not he threw the pass on time? I can.
Can you tell whether or not he made the right decision on a read play when he gets tackled for a loss of four? I can.
Can you tell whether or not it was a good choice when he throws into double/triple coverage? I can.
Or even better can you tell if he is ready to throw the ball when he scrambles with the ball in the WRONG hand? I can.

I am surely no football genius, but I know that as a qb rhythm, timing, reading the DE on a option play, those are some of the more basic reads. Its fine to protect your players. That's what you should do as a coach. But don't throw it in the fans faces. Especially any Monday morning qb can watch that game and see the issues. Holding the ball too long, not checking out of obvious bad situations, not throwing the ball on time, or late and high. Rosier has been more than happy to show us over the last four games what truly poor QB play looks like. Let alone the past ten years....

So you can say what you want about us posters/fans but like it or not. We are RIGHT on this one... The boy done hit his ceiling and its just better than most of the **** poor teams in the coastal. Telling you right now, Bud Foster is going to EAT him up if hes still our QB when that game rolls around. And to be honest, if hes still our QB it will not be loss 2 on the season. He will have ****ed another game away by then.

Advertisement
Back