Herald note: new stadium and Mike Smith torn ACL

Advertisement
Look at teams like Duke in bball whose stadium holds 9K and they have one of the best game experiences in basketball. Football is a little different but I think a 50K or so stadium would be ideal for our fan base. It would be packed and make much more sense than playing in a stadium 2/3 full.

Autzen Stadium: Autzen is known for its crowd noise. Due to the stadium's relatively small footprint, the fans are very close to the action, and the field is sunken. These factors contribute to the loudness of the stadium even though it is smaller than other 'noise comparable' stadiums

The good thing about having 40K is that it would be filled most of the time. it's closer so more students will come to games, and depending how close the seats are to the field...it could become an extremely hostile environment. I also read somewhere that additional seats could be added for big games like FSU

Downtown site would be dope.

And 40K is fine. **** it at least it would look sold out every game

And then maybe Sun Life can die a slow death

Advertisement
We only have about a 10k student undergrad population so the students not coming or coming isn't the issue. The students do show up and no matter where the place is located, ur never gonna get ppl who just don't care about sports (shocking but not everyone cares). The problem is the rest of south Florida showing up. Get one of ur buddies to buy tickets and show up to games.

So we ***** about not having a stadium.. now it "may" be a possibility.. and people only want it if it has a certain capacity? Christ.. they could make it a 30k seat stadium for all I care, i'd be there every saturday in the same seats, just like at Joe Robbie.. why? because i'm there to watch my team play, not to discuss the capacity, and the stadium, and how long the drive was to get there .. etc.

Sun Life is arguably one of the worst stadiums in the NFL. It's awful.

It's much better for us to play in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility where it's intimate and feels like an actual electric atmosphere, not a dumpy public library with a bunch of sleeping hobos.

It also won't hurt to have the back drop of our city, instead of playing games in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood next to a Wal-Mart. All those aerial shots you see during Heat games won't hurt recruiting. The atmosphere will actually represent our city and what is has to offer. David Beckham can save UM football from rotting away in a shlt hole on Saturdays. We'd be lucky to land a deal with Beckham.

TCU's looks amazing, but here's other college football stadiums with capacities in the 40-50k range.

Give us any of these in the heart of the city and I'm happier than a fa-got in a ***** factory.

FRESNO ST (41k)
404.jpg

Boston College (44k)
405.jpg

UCF (45k)
406.jpg

Utah (45k)
407.jpg

Oregon State (45k)
408.jpg

Baylor new stadium (45k)
409.jpg

Kansas St (50k)
410.jpg

Stanford (50k)
411.jpg

Minnesota (50k)
412.jpg

Advertisement
Sun Life is arguably one of the worst stadiums in the NFL. It's awful.

It's much better for us to play in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility where it's intimate and feels like an actual electric atmosphere, not a dumpy public library with a bunch of sleeping hobos.

It also won't hurt to have the back drop of our city, instead of playing games in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood next to a Wal-Mart. All those aerial shots you see during Heat games won't hurt recruiting. The atmosphere will actually represent our city and what is has to offer. David Beckham can save UM football from rotting away in a shlt hole on Saturdays. We'd be lucky to land a deal with Beckham.

TCU's looks amazing, but here's other college football stadiums with capacities in the 40-50k range.

Give us any of these in the heart of the city and I'm happier than a fa-got in a ***** factory.

FRESNO ST (41k)
404.jpg

Boston College (44k)
405.jpg

UCF (45k)
406.jpg

Utah (45k)
407.jpg

Oregon State (45k)
408.jpg

Baylor new stadium (45k)
409.jpg

Kansas St (50k)
410.jpg

Stanford (50k)
411.jpg

Minnesota (50k)
412.jpg

Nice post. I didn't know that's what Baylor's place is going to look like. A photoshopped version was floating around with our color scheme and backdrop. Here's TCU's (45k seats):

413.jpg

Last edited:
Take the **** stadium if the min is 40k

What is the point of SLS? were never gonna fill it like another poster said before not even playing UF in what was hyped to be the final matchup for at least the next half decade or so...

I'd really like to redshirt both Berrios and Smith, I want these kids at full strength and not feeling as if they have to rush their rehab.

I think Smith needs to redshirt. What's he, 210 lbs at most?

If he plays this year it'll be wasted year on special teams.

Advertisement
for gods ( can you say that in here) we had 66K at Wake Forrest last year..we need seats bro

BAAAHAHA

You clearly didn't attend the WF game

if you dont my STTICK by now...oh well...I have attended 99% of all the games at SUNLIFE...Chi, DUKE UNC, FSU, Wake, UNST,, VT all these several times..the att at the WAKE game was announced 66K..then reported by UM as 66K...we all know it was around 35K...

I'd really like to redshirt both Berrios and Smith, I want these kids at full strength and not feeling as if they have to rush their rehab.

Yea plus he needs to learn the position, is he gonna be more of a traditional OLB or hybrid DE/OLB?

Advertisement

Yea plus he needs to learn the position, is he gonna be more of a traditional OLB or hybrid DE/OLB?

I'd imagine him in the McCord/AQM role.

I'd imagine him in the McCord/AQM role.

Seems like we have a ton of those types right now in this class, Trent Harris, Demetrius Jackson, and Terry McCray

1. Bad news on Smith. Luckily he needed a shirt anyways, hopefully he is 100 % for fall practice.
2. Sun life would be fine if we didn't suck. The big games have been great atmospheres. Its not perfect but neither is a small soccer stadium that will be very tough to get to, and is farther from Broward and Palm Beach which actually supplies a good amount of fans.
3. Whatever makes us better I'm all for. I think we make Sun Life out to be a whole lot worse than it really is.

I completely agree. Sun life is fine, the atmosphere has been awesome for fsu, uf, and Ohio state when they were here a few years back. Our fan base just loves to *****, and half of them weren't even here before 2001.

1. Bad news on Smith. Luckily he needed a shirt anyways, hopefully he is 100 % for fall practice.
2. Sun life would be fine if we didn't suck. The big games have been great atmospheres. Its not perfect but neither is a small soccer stadium that will be very tough to get to, and is farther from Broward and Palm Beach which actually supplies a good amount of fans.
3. Whatever makes us better I'm all for. I think we make Sun Life out to be a whole lot worse than it really is.

I completely agree. Sun life is fine, the atmosphere has been awesome for fsu, uf, and Ohio state when they were here a few years back. Our fan base just loves to ****, and half of them weren't even here before 2001.

You do realize that your list of games is pretty much complete for the "awesome atmosphere" column? And that sample size is several seasons long.

Advertisement
Back