Herald note: new stadium and Mike Smith torn ACL

for gods ( can you say that in here) we had 66K at Wake Forrest last year..we need seats bro

Advertisement
Not to kill anyone's dreams here, but what other team plays most games at one stadium and "big" games at any other stadium during the regular season?

TEXAS/OK

UGA/UF

???? who else

one of the washington schools...also notre dame plays these shamrock series games in chicago i believe. maryland plays in baltimore sometimes. alabama and auburn used to play in Birmingham.

Advertisement
Not to kill anyone's dreams here, but what other team plays most games at one stadium and "big" games at any other stadium during the regular season?

Cincinnati plays at Bengals stadium when a marquee team comes

Colorado vs Colorado state usually at Broncos stadium

I've heard Stanford and Cal may play at 49ers new stadium

Washington has played @ seahawks stadium

Va tech has played at Fed Ex Field

TEXAS/OK

UGA/UF

???? who else

one of the washington schools...also notre dame plays these shamrock series games in chicago i believe. maryland plays in baltimore sometimes. alabama and auburn used to play in Birmingham.

Yeah ND plays one game at a different neutral site every year. They were in Ireland a few years ago.

Advertisement
397.jpg

TCU's stadium hold 44k...

I'd take that in a heart beat!!

For those that think a 40k seat stadium is a negative....you probably haven't attended a UM home game that wasn't against FSU or UF in the last 20+ years.... Cause if you did, you'd know we wouldn't have even filled the 40k seat stadium in 90% of those other games

397.jpg

For those that think a 40k seat stadium is a negative....you probably haven't attended a UM home game that wasn't against FSU or UF in the last 20+ years.... Cause if you did, you'd know we wouldn't have even filled the 40k seat stadium in 90% of those other games

Baylor is building a brand new 45k stadium. No one will be complaining about it being too small.

I love the people still pining for Tropical Park. Sure, it has always made too much sense but the key word there is ALWAYS. That site will still be sitting there vacant tomorrow, next Wednesday and twenty years from now. Donna sure as **** isn't going to build and fund anything anywhere because she was pressured by the prospects of a FREE stadium. We can debate the merits of a smaller venue all we want but that debate should be limited to Beckham's plan vs SLS "as-is" as nothing else is even remotely on the horizon. Ain't nobody moving the stands in there. Ain't nobody filling the place up for a nooner against Syracuse because we're winning. Stephen Ross ain't never getting hundreds of millions in renovations via taxpayer support. The student body ain't never showing up from 30 miles away en masse to non big name games. It is what it is.

Advertisement
397.jpg

Baylor is building a brand new 45k stadium. No one will be complaining about it being too small.

Exactly. In freaking Waco too. But having one the same size here in what'd be the most picturesque backdrop in college football will somehow make us a joke. Kids won't want to come here because of their concern about traffic getting in and out of the port. National tv won't even show shots of the bay instead opting to laugh at the extra 6 feet of space on the sidelines. We'll be killed recruiting nationally as some 4 star kid in Jersey will be completely turned off by the visuals from there in November. He'll just say "I'd have been a Cane if only that place was built to hold 10k more people".

It's beginning to look like some of the critics here would rather have a conversion van than a Ferrari because the van offers some amenities that we might use one day. "That 4th row of seating will come in real handy once we start winning and our fanbase stops sucking!". That or these are some of the people that felt smarter than everyone by instantly saying the Beckham plan will NEVER happen and to stop wasting everyone's time by dreaming and now they're trying to save face as it seems to be gaining at least a little traction. Probably the same crowd that loves to criticize the staff for not adapting.

397.jpg

Exactly. In freaking Waco too. But having one the same size here in what'd be the most picturesque backdrop in college football will somehow make us a joke. Kids won't want to come here because of their concern about traffic getting in and out of the port. National tv won't even show shots of the bay instead opting to laugh at the extra 6 feet of space on the sidelines. We'll be killed recruiting nationally as some 4 star kid in Jersey will be completely turned off by the visuals from there in November. He'll just say "I'd have been a Cane if only that place was built to hold 10k more people".

It's beginning to look like some of the critics here would rather have a conversion van than a Ferrari because the van offers some amenities that we might use one day. "That 4th row of seating will come in real handy once we start winning and our fanbase stops sucking!". That or these are some of the people that felt smarter than everyone by instantly saying the Beckham plan will NEVER happen and to stop wasting everyone's time by dreaming and now they're trying to save face as it seems to be gaining at least a little traction. Probably the same crowd that loves to criticize the staff for not adapting.

I agree with a great deal of this. Excellent.

Advertisement
What was the capacity of that one rendering that was floating around here last week?

There was a picture a 1-2 weeks ago of some designs but I didn't know if they were legit or not. I remember something like this (just for the shape)...

398.jpg

What I would is move the digital display board back and install temporary bleachers for the big games (like 2003 in the OB against UF). If they build the horseshoe design and it can hold 40K (just by itself) then once we hit that amount you open the temporary bleacher seating.

I'm kinda surprised no one has even brought up Mike Smith's torn ACL. Was this reported previously? I don't recall hearing about his injury prior to this.

397.jpg

Dumbest post in the tread. Stop trying so hard to impress everyone. The point is that for Marquee games 40k is too small. And considering that Miami is suppose to be a marquee team in college football with one of the best brands in college football a larger stadium is required. Regardless of how full the stadium is. Stop comparing us to Baylor,TCU, Cincy etc. Those guys never won ****. They aren't the U. Since we aren't winning right now we have to do everything we can to stay out of the "small school" sigma. Middle-Teir Teams play in small venues. If you are aspiring to be Baylor and TCU then good for you. You think "filling" a 40k stadium is going to make the SEC coaches stop negative recruiting?

I'd rather have 30k in a 55k stadium than 30k in a 40k stadium. Also it's all about the stadium design. If the stadium is designed properly you can have empty seats and it not be a glaring void. Sun Life was designed terribly. The OB was actually bigger but you never felt like it was that empty and the attendance hasn't changed that much since those days.

Advertisement
Back