Henry Parrish comparison

I'd rather have Parrish...

But if you are talking nothing standing out...I mean he does move pretty well for 220. 220 is something Parrish doesn't have and never will so it depends what they are looking for.

I'd take Parrish in this class in a heartbeat though.
Tirek Murphy might be 220 but that’s literally all he has on parish. Parish has better speed, vision, quickness, agility and everything else you want in a back except he’s on the smaller side right now.

Advertisement
Tirek Murphy might be 220 but that’s literally all he has on parish. Parish has better speed, vision, quickness, agility and everything else you want in a back except he’s on the smaller side right now.
The only thing with Parrish is that his tape doesn't show him running through contact, he usually gets taken down on the first tackle. He is still a junior though, and he will probably progress some more physically by the time he is a senior.

Several posters in this thread seem to be stressing urgency about securing Parrish as soon as possible, but where has this apparent assumption come from that he has any intention of handling his recruitment in a similar fashion as Chaney? And why are some scoffing at our chances of landing superior backs (Bowman/Knighton) because of the high school at which they play while vouching for a Columbus recruit considering the Henderson and Jobe fiascos?

Parrish's production is outstanding and he's compiling an impressive offer list, but the athletic testing absolutely matters for an RB at his size (listed at 5'10", 173 pounds) with his frame and such questionable long speed. If he answers those questions with improved workout numbers, then he'll earn his place.

Those who've cracked jokes about testing numbers for guys like Sanguinetti last year and Henry Gray this year should keep the same energy when it comes to Parrish. Recruits should be held to the same Miami standard based on merit alone, not in their assumed level of interest in playing here or whether they're a local kid.

Last edited:
Several posters in this thread seem to be stressing urgency about securing Parrish as soon as possible, but where has this apparent assumption come from that he has any intention of handling his recruitment in a similar fashion as Chaney? And why are some are scoffing at our chances of landing superior backs (Bowman/Knighton) because of the high school at which they play while vouching for a Columbus recruit considering the Henderson and Jobe fiascos?

Parrish's production is outstanding and he's compiling an impressive offer list, but the athletic testing absolutely matters for an RB at his size (listed at 5'10", 173 pounds) with his frame and such questionable long speed. If he answers those questions with improved workout numbers, then he'll earn his place.

Those who've cracked jokes about testing numbers for guys like Sanguinetti last year and Henry Gray this year should keep the same energy when it comes to Parrish. Recruits should be held to the same Miami standard based on merit alone, not in their assumed level of interest in playing here or whether they're a local kid.
Parrish was a sophmore and running 4.66 40 and a 4.43 shuttle, so he was 15 and definitely not developed physically, complete different from Gray who just recently ran a 4.6-4.7, and sanguietti who ran a 4.8-4.9. The people that are crying about parrish # are stupid, dude will definitely get bigger and faster.

Parrish was a sophmore and running 4.66 40 and a 4.43 shuttle, so he was 15 and definitely not developed physically, complete different from Gray who just recently ran a 4.6-4.7, and sanguietti who ran a 4.8-4.9. The people that are crying about parrish # are stupid, dude will definitely get bigger and faster.

Who's crying about Parrish's numbers? There's a massive difference between crying and seeking tangible proof of improvement, which he will hopefully provide in the coming weeks as he recovers from apparent injury.

Advertisement
Who's crying about Parrish's numbers? There's a massive difference between crying and seeking tangible proof of improvement, which he will hopefully provide in the coming weeks as he recovers from apparent injury.
A lot of people are crying, dude was a sophmore running a 4.66 not many people are running 4.4-4.5 as a sophmore. What athlete doesn't progress his physical abilities from a sophmore to a senior?

A lot of people are crying, dude was a sophmore running a 4.66 not many people are running 4.4-4.5 as a sophmore. What athlete doesn't progress his physical abilities from a sophmore to a senior?

I haven't noticed the crying, but I'll take your word for it. I'm certainly not in that group, but I definitely want to see him prove it before considering him a take. That's all.

I normally have high standards for RB measurables when it comes to undersized guys. In a 2RB class the standards can be relaxed a bit when you factor production. This kid is a more athletic and more productive version of Nayquan Wright last year. Take all day imo...especially if youre able to lock down the RB class and focus elsewhere.

Parrish's production is outstanding and he's compiling an impressive offer list, but the athletic testing absolutely matters for an RB at his size (listed at 5'10", 173 pounds) with his frame and such questionable long speed.

His long speed isn't questionable, though. His 100M PR is right there with the top Dade backs of this era and his film shows multiple, long TD runs against elite teams.

You list him at 5'10, 173, but he actually measured 5'10, 180 last year. For comparison, Knighton was 5'9, 173 at the same event.

Now, I don't put too much into sophomore testing. Almost all of the top 2020 prospects tested terribly last year. They were young and growing. Unfortunately, Parrish got a minor injury in track and couldn't re-test this year. So I suspect the old stereotypes will continue. But I'm not going to sit and worry about his shuttle when the film shows that he has the best moves of any back in Florida.

My issue is the perception of Parrish as something below the other guys. I would dispute that based on seeing him live. The other guys are elite, and he is elite, too. To quote Bill Parcells, running back is a production position. His production against elite competition speaks for itself.

Advertisement
His long speed isn't questionable, though. His 100M PR is right there with the top Dade backs of this era and his film shows multiple, long TD runs against elite teams.

You list him at 5'10, 173, but he actually measured 5'10, 180 last year. For comparison, Knighton was 5'9, 173 at the same event.

Now, I don't put too much into sophomore testing. Almost all of the top 2020 prospects tested terribly last year. They were young and growing. Unfortunately, Parrish got a minor injury in track and couldn't re-test this year. So I suspect the old stereotypes will continue. But I'm not going to sit and worry about his shuttle when the film shows that he has the best moves of any back in Florida.

My issue is the perception of Parrish as something below the other guys. I would dispute that based on seeing him live. The other guys are elite, and he is elite, too. To quote Bill Parcells, running back is a production position. His production against elite competition speaks for itself.
Knighton is tiny. I mentioned that on another thread.

Advertisement
It's not campaigning. I've been lucky enough to watch him play. I suspect those calling him a Plan B haven't. There is a reason his offer list is exploding.

As for his speed, here is how his 100M compares to other Dade backs at the same age:

Henry Parrish- 11.09
Dalvin Cook- 11.18
Don Chaney- 11.08
Camron Davis- 11.06
Duke Johnson- 11.08

Camp setting? Right. Because watching a bunch of guys run around in their underwear is always a great predictor of success on the field.

Jesus H. Christ, it's like romper room around here.

Camp setting? Right. Because watching a bunch of guys run around in their underwear is always a great predictor of success on the field.

Jesus H. Christ, it's like romper room around here.

You must have missed the part where he said he's seen him play live. If you want to compare actual play on the field, Parrish's numbers blow Chaney's out of the water and against better comp.

Advertisement
You must have missed the part where he said he's seen him play live. If you want to compare actual play on the field, Parrish's numbers blow Chaney's out of the water and against better comp.

I'm agreeing with D$, it's the other guy who I think is off base.

DMoney said:

Knighton is strong, his size is fine for his type of game. He reminds me a lot of Cook. Complete stud.

My point is that Parrish is also a stud, not just a solid player.

Curious to get your take on this since you've seen him live. Do you believe it would be out of bounds for someone to compare Parrish to Yearby while the likes of Bowman/Knighton profile more similarly to Cook? It seems you not only dismiss questions about those questioning Parrish's next-level traits, but that you don't feel he's lacking athletically compared to those two.

I think Parrish is a talented kid and certainly a Power 5-level RB, but that Bowman and Knighton are better talents. Just my opinion, though.

Curious to get your take on this since you've seen him live. Do you believe it would be out of bounds for someone to compare Parrish to Yearby while the likes of Bowman/Knighton profile more similarly to Cook? It seems you not only dismiss questions about those questioning Parrish's next-level traits, but that you don't feel he's lacking athletically compared to those two.

I think Parrish is a talented kid and certainly a Power 5-level RB, but that Bowman and Knighton are better talents. Just my opinion, though.

I get why people would make parallels to Cook/Yearby, but to me this is a different situation. For whatever it’s worth, I was leading the Cook >>> Yearby bandwagon since they were sophomores. Here are Yearby and Parrish’s junior numbers for reference. Remember, Yearby had the best OL in the state:

Henry Parrish: 1,878 yards, 10.4 ypc
Joe Yearby: 1,448 yards, 6.8 ypc

In the playoffs, I watched Parrish play alongside Frank Ladson, Xzavier Henderson, Elijah Roberts, Jonathan Denis, Jaiden Francois and Keshawn Washington. He was by far the best and most dominant player on the field.

His offensive line is good, but not overwhelming. The thing I want to stress is that his “make-you-miss” ability is as good as I’ve seen from a South Florida back. He does it subtly without wasted motion. If you watch his 15:00 minute HL reel (which is in game order), he puts multiple players from big-time schools on their asses in the open field.

My only concern is his body type. He’s not small, just slender. If he was thicker, I would be making Gore comparisons. Because of his frame, Kevin Smith made more sense.

It's not campaigning. I've been lucky enough to watch him play. I suspect those calling him a Plan B haven't. There is a reason his offer list is exploding.

As for his speed, here is how his 100M compares to other Dade backs at the same age:

Henry Parrish- 11.09
Dalvin Cook- 11.18
Don Chaney- 11.08
Camron Davis- 11.06
Duke Johnson- 11.08

This can kinda be misleading depending on some things.

Advertisement
Back