Henry Parrish comparison

I have nothing against Parrish, seems like a great 2nd back in this class, but based off those numbers, the only thing Im taking away from it is that 100M times don't mean much in football, cause the guy with the slowest time, was easily the most explosive player Ive seen in SFLA the last 10 years....

100M times mean a ton. They are the best measure of long speed.

Cook is an anomaly. Remember, he also tested as one of the worst athletes at the Combine. Don't know why.

Advertisement
100M times mean a ton. They are the best measure of long speed.

Cook is an anomaly. Remember, he also tested as one of the worst athletes at the Combine. Don't know why.
Mentioned this already but Cook was the fastest ball carrier at a top speed of 22.07 mph last year.

Don’t like the comparison at all but i don’t mind Parrish in this class. I’d take him as a change of pace guy

Advertisement
Parrish is an RB, Holmes is an offensive weapon. Holmes has elite speed (10.60) so he has the clear advantage there. I would give Parrish a sizable edge in footwork and vision.

Both are easy takes.

Ya but I think Holmes could more of a multi-purpose "weapon" too...He' prob not an every down back...He'd be **** in the slot with that footwork.

Advertisement
Don’t like the comparison at all but i don’t mind Parrish in this class. I’d take him as a change of pace guy

What differences do you see between him and Smith? Look at Smith's NFL Scouting Report and tell me if it sounds familiar:

Positives: Good initial quickness to and through the hole. ... Flashes the explosiveness to attack the line of scrimmage, but his main asset is his vision and ability to pick and slide laterally along the line of scrimmage until he finds the hole. ... Good patience to allow his blocks to develop. ... Rare acceleration for a back of his size. ... Questions about his 40-yard dash time will be key, but Smith consistently demonstrates the sneaky football speed to out-run his opponents to the flanks despite their seemingly having the proper angle.

Negatives: Lanky frame that appears better suited to the wide receiver position than running back. ... Thin, long limbs. ... Runs a bit upright and takes unnecessary shots to his body. ... Legitimate questions about the Conference USA level of competition. ... Questionable 40 speed. ... Parlayed one monster season into leaving early for the NFL.

As for calling Parrish a change-of-pace for Chaney, the irony is that their high school roles are the opposite. Parrish is the every-down workhorse and Chaney gets limited carries per game. I think they are a perfect duo but not in the classic "power+scatback" mold.

I would take Holmes and figure out ways to just get the ball in his hands from multiple positions.

But I wouldnt recruit him to be an every down back.

What differences do you see between him and Smith? Look at Smith's NFL Scouting Report and tell me if it sounds familiar:

Positives: Good initial quickness to and through the hole. ... Flashes the explosiveness to attack the line of scrimmage, but his main asset is his vision and ability to pick and slide laterally along the line of scrimmage until he finds the hole. ... Good patience to allow his blocks to develop. ... Rare acceleration for a back of his size. ... Questions about his 40-yard dash time will be key, but Smith consistently demonstrates the sneaky football speed to out-run his opponents to the flanks despite their seemingly having the proper angle.

Negatives: Lanky frame that appears better suited to the wide receiver position than running back. ... Thin, long limbs. ... Runs a bit upright and takes unnecessary shots to his body. ... Legitimate questions about the Conference USA level of competition. ... Questionable 40 speed. ... Parlayed one monster season into leaving early for the NFL.

As for calling Parrish a change-of-pace for Chaney, the irony is that their high school roles are the opposite. Parrish is the every-down workhorse and Chaney gets limited carries per game. I think they are a perfect duo but not in the classic "power+scatback" mold.

Alot of defensive players that was in CUSA during his time are still in the league. Also George O'Leary ruined Smith and running him so much.

Advertisement

Yes I've seen Kevin Smith plenty, didn't need the scouting report...Do agree somewhat on the negatives

And yes I understand the workloads for both prospects...I'm talking about moving forward AND I'm not sure Chaney is a pure workhorse either.

But ya I would like those 2 as our 2020 backfield takes, assuming Knighton/Bowman/Milton aren't coming.

He reminds of a Devin Singletary type back.

Kid rushed for 1,878yds against really good 8A comp & has recently picked up offers from Oregon, Tenn, Michigan, Penn St (Seider) & FSU.

Chaney even said yesterday he wouldn't mind being paired with him in this class, I don't see how he's not a take.

Bowman & Knighton are great backs as well, but what is the likelihood we get either of them? Knighton listed his top schools in an interview from the opening, wanna guess who he didn't mention? Bowman is going to UF, Clemson, UGA or Bama.

This isn't a situation where we get burned for staying too local, Miami has always had great success with local backs, aside from Graig Coper you can't really name too many backs from outside of the state of FLA that's done well with us in the last 15-20 years.

Advertisement

This isn't a situation where we get burned for staying too local, Miami has always had great success with local backs, aside from Graig Coper you can't really name too many backs from outside of the state of FLA that's done well with us in the last 15-20 years.

I think Dallas will show out this year and get his.

But yes point is well taken.

I think Dallas will show out this year and get his.

But yes point is well taken.
Dallas wasn't recruited here as a RB though, he played QB/DB in High school & was recruited by Dugans to be a WR.

He switched to RB after he got on campus & the WR room was pretty stacked, plus we got hit with a rash of injuries at RB & needed the depth. We moved him to RB & he's been good fit there, but he's more of a utility player than a pure RB.

Dallas wasn't recruited here as a RB though, he played QB/DB in High school & was recruited by Dugans to be a WR.

He switched to RB after he got on campus & the WR room was pretty stacked, plus we got hit with a rash of injuries at RB & needed the depth. We moved him to RB & he's been good fit there, but he's more of a utility player than a pure RB.

Can't argue with everything except the final statement...Don't understand the "not a pure RB" argument on here. He imo is the best RB on the roster, both now and upside (at least pre-chaney)...Kid carries 215-220 easy, has excellent vision...And can run inside or out. I like the others we have at the position, but Dallas is the best RB imo.

Advertisement
Back