Henry Parrish comparison

Advertisement
This is one of those situations that has generally gotten me insanely frustrated with this team.

Lets just say Chaney and Parrish are 100% locks to be Canes and Parrish would commit on the spot and shut it down. That is a great recruiting class with minimal effort.

Instead, we have Chaney on board and a guy like Parrish has to wait out the process as we wade through a bunch of South Florida players that are already showing flakey tendencies. Just sign up a stud or two and call it a day.
Jaylan Knighton is not even showing "flakey tendencies." He's just not coming to Miami, end of story. We are fooking around.

I'd rather have Parrish...

But if you are talking nothing standing out...I mean he does move pretty well for 220. 220 is something Parrish doesn't have and never will so it depends what they are looking for.

I'd take Parrish in this class in a heartbeat though.
I love the physical attributes, but Murphy's film does not impress. At all.

Parrish also has that knack to get smaller as he approaches the line. Between that and his burst, he is one of those guys that doesn't need a big hole to get into the second level.

Sure he needs to bulk up, but if our RB class ends up Chaney + Parrish, I'd be very, very happy with that.

Advertisement
It's not campaigning. I've been lucky enough to watch him play. I suspect those calling him a Plan B haven't. There is a reason his offer list is exploding.

As for his speed, here is how his 100M compares to other Dade backs at the same age:

Henry Parrish- 11.09
Dalvin Cook- 11.18
Don Chaney- 11.08
Camron Davis- 11.06
Duke Johnson- 11.08
Lol for those docking his speed, pretty good group of names right there

Advertisement
From his tape, he looks like a stud to me. With some time with our psycho s&c coach, this kid will be a beast. Seems really durable too.

Advertisement
where are these guys highlights? So I can evaluate them
I’m 4 minutes in and I’m still not seeing him as a must have back in this class. Still like Knighton better by a good margin. Will say however sprinkled throughout this long highlight film he has a couple of really good runs where you can see why Parrish should be in this class. But ultimately I think The editor did him no favors as he could have left a lot of these runs off though.

Edit- okay I watched the whole thing, came out liking Parrish quite a bit more and he does have speed and looks really explosive on some of these runs. As I said Previously the film editor did him no favors in terms of a true showcase of his abilities. With that being said It looks like they compiled complete cutups from nearly every game which gives you a better grasp of what Parrish can do on a down by down basis instead of just filling the hudl film with long tds and big runs or what have you.

Last edited:
I’m 4 minutes in and I’m still not seeing him as a must have back in this class. Still like Knighton better by a good margin. Will say however sprinkled throughout this long highlight film he has a couple of really good runs where you can see why Parrish should be in this class. But ultimately I think The editor did him no favors as he could have left a lot of these runs off though.

It’s game-by-game in chronological order for 15 minutes. People are getting fooled because he didn’t make a five-minute HL with his best runs (like the 90-yarder against Northwestern) right up front.

It’s game-by-game in chronological order for 15 minutes. People are getting fooled because he didn’t make a five-minute HL with his best runs (like the 90-yarder against Northwestern) right up front.
Yeah I just edited that post and noted that

Advertisement
Knighton and Bowman aren't coming I don't get our fans. Chaney, Parrish, and Holmes. Now, Tell the RB Coach he needs to tag team with the OL Coach on bringing in an elite OL to block for them the next 3 to 4yrs.

It's not campaigning. I've been lucky enough to watch him play. I suspect those calling him a Plan B haven't. There is a reason his offer list is exploding.

As for his speed, here is how his 100M compares to other Dade backs at the same age:

Henry Parrish- 11.09
Dalvin Cook- 11.18
Don Chaney- 11.08
Camron Davis- 11.06
Duke Johnson- 11.08
Dalvin Cook must have been running with a broke femur to be that slow! I've watched Duke Johnson get walked down in college and his time was slower?

Advertisement
Back