Henry Parrish comparison

Its this simple, really: when you get the opportunity to get the 2 best backs in dade and they are both more than worthy of a scholly, YOU TAKE THEM! Not sure why this is a question. These kids play probably the toughest comp in the country and are producing. They help you build a pipeline for the future (especially at Columbus where we have lost grip). Dade is our city more than Broward and Palm Beach. Start building the fence there and THEN expand while still recruiting nationally for top end guys. Whats the discussion? No brainer for me.

Advertisement
Can't argue with everything except the final statement...Don't understand the "not a pure RB" argument on here. He imo is the best RB on the roster, both now and upside (at least pre-chaney)...Kid carries 215-220 easy, has excellent vision...And can run inside or out. I like the others we have at the position, but Dallas is the best RB imo.
I just mean he's a versatile player that can be used at multiple spots RB, WR, KR, PR, & even Wildcat QB.

I agree he's a great RB, Idk if he's the best RB on the team, he obviously is statistically as of now considering we haven't seen much from Lingard & Cam only had 28 carries last season & didn't play until late in the season.

I'm of the belief that Cam & Lo's upside at RB will be something special, not taking away anything from Deejay, I think all 3 are great & will give us one of the best backfield trio's in the ACC this year.

And no I dont like him better than Bowman, or Knighton, or Keyvone Lee, and hes right on par with Toafilli/Holmes. But the chances of getting the first 4 are slim to none. And holmes is not just straight up better. All waiting around for those guys is gonna do is create a situation where Parrish gets a big offer (he will) commits and then we try to circle back and its too late. Happened to us like 15 times these last 2 cycles.

I think Davis went 4.50 at one of those camps in his Sr year.

And once he got out in any space this year, he was tough to catch.

He can move and it looks like he'll be a good one for us.

Honestly didn't realize Cam was that fast.

I just mean he's a versatile player that can be used at multiple spots RB, WR, KR, PR, & even Wildcat QB.

I agree he's a great RB, Idk if he's the best RB on the team, he obviously is statistically as of now considering we haven't seen much from Lingard & Cam only had 28 carries last season & didn't play until late in the season.

I'm of the belief that Cam & Lo's upside at RB will be something special, not taking away anything from Deejay, I think all 3 are great & will give us one of the best backfield trio's in the ACC this year.

Yup I like those guys too...Lingard IMO came in with a little more risk than the average 5* can't miss type...Even pre-injury and now you add the injury. His upside is huge with the athleticism, but at times I thought he lacked some wiggle and RB instincts (obv he'll run throw and by you), which would make him Karlos Williams which isn't bad. Like Davis too, no complaints there, just that Dallas is bigger and can do all the same things (maybe not quite the top end speed)...Dallasis silky smoooooth with excellent vision and no weaknesses (before the fumbling of course) We shall see.

We are on the same page

Advertisement
parrish's long speed is pretty evident in the TD run vs northwestern on his tape. the question for me is that he doesn't really look like a tackle breaker. that said, i think his tape shows potential to be a good 1 cut runner but because of his height it's harder to envision him as i.e. lamar miller. i do wonder if the staff might think he's close to maxed out athletically.

parrish's long speed is pretty evident in the TD run vs northwestern on his tape. the question for me is that he doesn't really look like a tackle breaker. that said, i think his tape shows potential to be a good 1 cut runner but because of his height it's harder to envision him as i.e. lamar miller. i do wonder if the staff might think he's close to maxed out athletically.
for someone that is not developed physically I doubt he has maxed out athletically, I wouldn't be surprised by the end of his senior year he is running a 4.5 in the 40 weighing 185.

It's not campaigning. I've been lucky enough to watch him play. I suspect those calling him a Plan B haven't. There is a reason his offer list is exploding.

As for his speed, here is how his 100M compares to other Dade backs at the same age:

Henry Parrish- 11.09
Dalvin Cook- 11.18
Don Chaney- 11.08
Camron Davis- 11.06
Duke Johnson- 11.08
I saw Parrish at states and he was plenty enough fast and effective RB to me. Who is so much higher rated than him not to accept his commitment. Knighton not coming so who they waiting on?

Advertisement
Its this simple, really: when you get the opportunity to get the 2 best backs in dade and they are both more than worthy of a scholly, YOU TAKE THEM! Not sure why this is a question. These kids play probably the toughest comp in the country and are producing. They help you build a pipeline for the future (especially at Columbus where we have lost grip). Dade is our city more than Broward and Palm Beach. Start building the fence there and THEN expand while still recruiting nationally for top end guys. Whats the discussion? No brainer for me.
Yes! Build the fence!

There’s no way the staff doesn’t take Parrish if he wants to commit. Chaney has already come out publicly and said he wants Parrish in the class. You be crazy to believe that hasn’t been discussed between him and the coaches at length. It’s only a matter of time.

This is one of those situations that has generally gotten me insanely frustrated with this team.

Lets just say Chaney and Parrish are 100% locks to be Canes and Parrish would commit on the spot and shut it down. That is a great recruiting class with minimal effort.

Instead, we have Chaney on board and a guy like Parrish has to wait out the process as we wade through a bunch of South Florida players that are already showing flakey tendencies. Just sign up a stud or two and call it a day
At this point I say you lock up the Runningback Position now, so The RB Coach can help recruit in other areas we need. Bowman isn't a Miami lock right now, so I lock up Chaney, Parrish, and Holmes. Still recruit Knighton and Bowman whoever commits take the best 3.
Running back has and never will be our issue. Take those that our willing to shut it down.

Advertisement
Any thoughts on the staff looking for a bigger RB? Isn't the kid from NY in the 220 range? Not saying it is a real and/or good idea, just asking.

Advertisement
I'm not big on him, personally. No production, nothing really stands out physically.

Parrish is 10X the player, IMO.

I'd rather have Parrish...

But if you are talking nothing standing out...I mean he does move pretty well for 220. 220 is something Parrish doesn't have and never will so it depends what they are looking for.

I'd take Parrish in this class in a heartbeat though.

Advertisement
Back