Have we discussed Jackson Mahomes dancing on Sean Taylor’s memorial?

Advertisement
One of the weirdest psychological quandaries is trying to figure out why highly financially successful men get married.

What a stupid legal arrangement and totally unnecessary risk.
Eh, I don’t know. Maybe they love the person and want to express that love via a social-legal convention that’s been around for literally thousands of years?

Typically I would agree, but not in this instance. He’s making a wise choice choosing her as a spouse, because they‘ve been dating since they were 13-14 years old…Freshman in high school.

They’re HS sweethearts and stayed together all through high school, all through college and throughout his pro career. Much rather marry someone I’ve known and been with my entire life - looooong before the money or fame - than be with someone you met after fináncial success.
His point is it’s an unnecessary risk, doesn’t matter how long he’s known her there is zero advantage to making it a legal arrangement

Advertisement
I'll give a million dollars to anyone who watches this and can pass a polygraph saying they didn't envision punching her (not advocating for violence)
I've been worse during and after a big Miami game, back when I cared.

Advertisement
I'm in my late forties and maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe I'm out of touch with the youth of today....but in my day no heterosexual dude would ever call himself a "tik tok dancer". Just wouldn't happen. If someone did they where obviously identifying themselves as a homosexual.
Maybe I'm just a neanderthal but I just don't understand these "dudes" today.

I think that depends on both individuals. It’s a very bold and broad brush you’re painting with. Ideally that would be the case. However, there’s a lot of extenuating circumstances that would play into that being the best decision. A LOT
True. I agree

Then idea of marrying for love is fairly recent. Maybe 200 years or so?
You make a solid point. In the beginning, marriage was mainly for practical reasons, but marrying for love goes back more than 200 years (to the Middle Ages I think).

Regardless, it's been around for a while, so maybe one reason "highly financially successful men get married" is because they love their spouses?

Advertisement
Agree to disagree. It's the legal arrangement that's the problem for me. The details dont change anything.
I agree with you. I don’t like marriage in the current western construct either (legal entanglement).

But if you’re going to go down that road, better to do it with a childhood sweetheart.

Agreed, but the kid was probably a baby when Sean was playing and I highly doubt a tik tok dancer knows much about old school football.
I always care more about the meaning behind the action, than the action itself. If the guy goes on record and says **** Sean Taylor, than I have beef with the guy. If the guy goes and dances on Seans memorial, but doesn't have anything against Sean, than I am not going to get mad at that.

Please stop with this nonsense. It's bad for society when adults bend over backwards to make excuses for self-centered, disrespectful little runts like this.
He's dancing on a chained off section of earth on a field that doesn't belong to him. Even if he's a completely oblivious moron, at a minimum he knows he's in a place he isn't supposed to be (and only has the sack to be there because of who his brother is).

You're looking for the "meaning behind his action"? He's a self-centered, disrespectful little runt. Maybe it's more malicious than that (I suspect it is the way he stares down at the memorial at the end of the video), but at a minimum it's that much. And that's more than enough to call this clown out.

If some idiot fired a gun in the air to celebrate the 4th of July and love for his country, but then that bullet came down on some poor sap, would you "care more about the meaning behind the action"? Of course not (I hope). Because sometimes the action is just so stupid and/or careless that no "meaning" justifies it.

His wife is one of the most obnoxious and annoying people you'll ever see. She's ugly too, Patrick ****ed up BIG TIME marrying her.
She’s that girl that works out all the time because She knows that you know but she knows that her face is busted and therefore she can’t shut the **** up.

Advertisement
You make a solid point. In the beginning, marriage was mainly for practical reasons, but marrying for love goes back more than 200 years (to the Middle Ages I think).

Regardless, it's been around for a while, so maybe one reason "highly financially successful men get married" is because they love their spouses?
i think in some ways people get married because it's expected. There are some careers where being married is advantageous. Mahomes and Lawerence might be predisposed to stay with one person for their whole lives. But for many it's not, and they get married, get divorced, and are never faithful. For them, Jeter should be the template.

For the very wealthy, it's a great way to lose a lot of wealth.

i think in some ways people get married because it's expected. There are some careers where being married is advantageous. Mahomes and Lawerence might be predisposed to stay with one person for their whole lives. But for many it's not, and they get married, get divorced, and are never faithful. For them, Jeter should be the template.

For the very wealthy, it's a great way to lose a lot of wealth.
That's what prenups are for.

Look, I get that most people don't marry for love, but I think it's foolish to do that and those people should not be surprised or complain if/when their marriage goes kaput.

Advertisement
Back