Harrison-Hunte Update

Advertisement
Call it what you want. I’m providing facts, not paragraphs of opinion.

The big schools wanted him. Kool visited him multiple times after his senior season. LSU got on him after his senior film got out. Penn State wanted him bad, and Larry Johnson of Ohio State (the leading DL coach in the country) offered him and brought him on an OV.

They wanted him because he’s a big-time athlete. It’s similar to RJ McIntosh. He was a basketball kid with a big frame and big offers. He was underrated as a three-star, which is why I had him #2 on my class board.

You think this guy is not “a true plus athlete” at 285 pounds. I’ll go ahead and disagree.

Lmao @ that being facts. And lmaooo at your persistent swipes at paragraphs. I apologize for sharing too many opinions on this site.

The rating services call him a 3* kid. You say he’s better. Maybe we should keep a running list of which kids you think should be rated higher or lower. Better yet, all kids who have ever dunked on video should automatically be given an extra star for their rating. That would clear up all instances of underrating, I’m sure.

As I see it, one clip of a kid playing hoops isn’t some athletic revelation. I dn’t think he is as explosive as Bilssett, even. He hasn’t played high competition. He’s a high upside kid, which we can agree on. But upside isn’t the only thing that counts for star ratings. I will be pleased if you’re right and he turns into a dominant DL, of course.

As for Kul visiting him, it’s funny. He’s out at Alabama according to most reports I’ve read. And we know he hates recruiting. Maybe he just wanted a trip to New York?

The rating services call him a 3* kid. You say he’s better.

The top DL schools in the country think he's better. That's the fact I keep pointing out and you keep trying to avoid.

It has nothing to do with my opinion. He should be a four star because he is being recruited like a four star.

Lmao @ that being facts. And lmaooo at your persistent swipes at paragraphs. I apologize for sharing too many opinions on this site.

The rating services call him a 3* kid. You say he’s better. Maybe we should keep a running list of which kids you think should be rated higher or lower. Better yet, all kids who have ever dunked on video should automatically be given an extra star for their rating. That would clear up all instances of underrating, I’m sure.

As I see it, one clip of a kid playing hoops isn’t some athletic revelation. I dn’t think he is as explosive as Bilssett, even. He hasn’t played high competition. He’s a high upside kid, which we can agree on. But upside isn’t the only thing that counts for star ratings. I will be pleased if you’re right and he turns into a dominant DL, of course.

As for Kul visiting him, it’s funny. He’s out at Alabama according to most reports I’ve read. And we know he hates recruiting. Maybe he just wanted a trip to New York?

He wasn't alone when he visited last week. Their new DC was with him.

Saying hes not explosive is a lie, one if the main reasons we are looking at him, is bc of his quickness.
It’s definitely not a lie. That’s the wrong word. I could be wrong, but I aint lyin.

Quickness and explosiveness are not the same thing for a DL. Explosiveness is that initial burst out of stance. Legs, hips, hands, getting your whole body going explosively. Quickness is how you move once you’re going. Short shuttle, e.g. change lf direction. There are quick kids who aren’t that explosive, and explosive guys who wouldn’t really call quick. McIntosh (who some have compared hunte to) is a kid who was more quick than explosive, imo. In the NFL, where everyone’s quick, the difference is clearer.

I’m not down on Hunte, either. I love that we’re gett8ng some DTs with potential. The entire discussion came about because as soon as a kid commits to UM, he’s underrated in the minds of some fans. I think he’s fairly rated but see his upside potential and much prefer him to Munoz.

Advertisement
Call it what you want. I’m providing facts, not paragraphs of opinion.

The big schools wanted him. Kool visited him multiple times after his senior season. LSU got on him after his senior film got out. Penn State wanted him bad, and Larry Johnson of Ohio State (the leading DL coach in the country) offered him and brought him on an OV.

They wanted him because he’s a big-time athlete. It’s similar to RJ McIntosh. He was a basketball kid with a big frame and big offers. He was underrated as a three-star, which is why I had him #2 on my class board.

You think this guy is not “a true plus athlete” at 285 pounds. I’ll go ahead and disagree.

Don’t make me pull out the videos of Andrew Tallman dunking.

(I have no dog in this fight.... both of you are smart guys making valid points. I like Hunte. ****ed you made me go spend 10 minutes trying to find the Tallman dunk vid that made the rounds).

1548773877994.png

Dude was making $750k at Bama last year. Pretty sure he can afford a personal vacation to NYC without having to visit a 17 year kid if he wanted to see the city.

The top DL schools in the country think he's better. That's the fact I keep pointing out and you keep trying to avoid.

It has nothing to do with my opinion. He should be a four star because he is being recruited like a four star.
Maybe. Whether those schools would really send him an LOI is not a fact known to the hype services. He has caught late interest from good schools, we can agree there.

Top programs sniffing around an uncommitted DT with athletic potential in January is not the same as those programs having been all over this kid all year. Maybe you think it’s inexplicable why he’s a 3*. I don’t even care what he’s rated, I just pointed out the reasons aren’t mysterious.

Jafari Harvey is a much better prospect, and he didn’t have the interest from alabama and ohio state that hunte did. Do you think we should also downgrade our other prospects based on lack of alabama interest?

This is all dumb. Hunte is a high ceiling, unproven DT prospect from NYC who we can all be pleased with in this class. Whether some services should have rated him higher, eh, whatever. I promise not to care.

Advertisement
Jafari Harvey is a much better prospect, and he didn’t have the interest from alabama and ohio state that hunte did. Do you think we should also downgrade our other prospects based on lack of alabama interest?

Harvey shut down recruiting early. If he was on the market when his senior video started circulating, it would have been a feeding frenzy. Similar to Rousseau and Garvin.

Lmao. The new d$ rating service. Insert athletic photo of kid you think is underrated. I suppose it works in reverse, too. If you think a kid is overrated, find a photo of him reading a book or something. Methodologically, picking photos to match your narrative sounds a lot like the New York Times.

Advertisement
Harvey shut down recruiting early. If he was on the market when his senior video started circulating, it would have been a feeding frenzy. Similar to Rousseau and Garvin.
Hence my point that you have to assess interest from other programs with a grain of salt. Uncommitted athletic DTs in January are like hot and not too drunk chicks at closing hour at a club. They get everyone’s interest.

Hence my point that you have to assess interest from other programs with a grain of salt. Uncommitted athletic DTs in January are like hot and not too drunk chicks at closing hour at a club. They get everyone’s interest.

He visited Ohio State on November 24th, with an offer.

Advertisement
Somebody told me Hunte was not explosive.
Since you keep at this, at least be honest and accurate in the quote. I said Blissett was a better athlete at the same spot, and that Hunte was not ‘that explosive’ (comparing to Blissett). I also said he was a good prospect with upside athletically. Do you think he’s more explosive than Blissett? If not, give us some superlatives for Blissett so the comparison makes sense.

Advertisement
Back