Harrison-Hunte Update

Don't know if it's been posted here but Steve Wiltfong did an update on Hunte. One thing that stuck out to me in the article. Wiltfong stated a source told him "Miami allows Hunte to be himself". His source also said expect Hunte decision to go all the way to the 6th. Also that it would take a lot to get Miami out of the top spot for Hunte.
Wonder what "to be himself" is going to mean?

Advertisement
Boy if we land him this db class will be really sick....and we can start purging some of the non factors at the position and push the young guys
I agree 100%..... more talent at the position will definitely create much-needed competition...

Advertisement
There's no 8 man rotation at Dt.Only 4 or 5 will play unless there's multiple injuries there.Manny bringing 5 DTs in this class tells us what he thinks of the current guys.After spring and Fall practices we should see a couple of the 10 transfer out.
Exactly....it creates competition we need at the position to right the ship....I've said it many times before ...we need to over recruit the trenches.....we lost most of our games by getting punished up front on both sides if the ball.....I'm all for it....

Advertisement
Miller? Hes 19 and if he develops right would be the key nt we need to take our dline to another level.....

If he doesn't develop. I hope you are correct and he is a factor. But until kids show something, they are in danger. If kids like Blisset, Holley and hopefully Hunte pass him up this year then.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he doesn't develop. I hope you are correct and he is a factor. But until kids show something, they are in danger. If kids like Blisset, Holley and hopefully Hunte pass him up this year then.....

Miller has the most raw potential out of any DT on the roster. (including Nesta) Why don't we leave him alone and let him develop before saying he will transfer and/or someone will pass him up.

Miller has the most raw potential out of any DT on the roster. (including Nesta) Why don't we leave him alone and let him develop before saying he will transfer and/or someone will pass him up.

IF HE DOES NOT DEVELOP HE IS A TRANSFER CANDIDATE. I am not down on the kid at all. I'm rooting for him. But we just brought in 3 and maybe 4 guys. so if Miller does not stay ahead of them he will be a transfer candidate.

He needed so much work on conditioning. Here's to hoping he is the second coming of Wilfork.

Advertisement
IF HE DOES NOT DEVELOP HE IS A TRANSFER CANDIDATE. I am not down on the kid at all. I'm rooting for him. But we just brought in 3 and maybe 4 guys. so if Miller does not stay ahead of them he will be a transfer candidate.

He needed so much work on conditioning. Here's to hoping he is the second coming of Wilfork.

Let it rest.

is harrison-hunte underrated as a 3 star?
the guy has a huge frame and appears athletic in his tape.
is it because of the competition that he is underrated?

Looks like they just cleared room for him by letting Munoz out of his LOI.. Good decision as Munoz would have taken 4 years to even sniff being in the rotation.

is harrison-hunte underrated as a 3 star?
the guy has a huge frame and appears athletic in his tape.
is it because of the competition that he is underrated?
There arent that many four stars. He’s properly rated as a 3*. Good frame, good athletic ability, but plays in new york, low competition, wasnt a camp circuit all american.

People thi;k 3* means mediocre. It’s not really true. It’s a big pool of kids. Some are rated there because they lack upside athletically. Others because they lack high level results on the field (think nyc football plyers). Some because of injuries, or they are recent to football (maybe switched from basketball, say). Some play at small schools and missed the spotlight. Some didnt make the camp circuot. There are plenty of different models of 3*. JHH seems like he has upside, but he’s not underrated. Blissett is a better athlete, also, imo.

Advertisement
Back