Harrison-Hunte Update

Advertisement
Man some of the people on here have a massive inferiority complex.

Spend their lives talking about what others have that we don’t and how we only get what others don’t want.

Sad.

Yea. It makes threads unreadable to be honest. The last 2.5 pages have been a ****ing contest about a 17-18 year old kid that would make R Kelly blush.

Since you keep at this, at least be honest and accurate in the quote. I said Blissett was a better athlete at the same spot, and that Hunte was not ‘that explosive’ (comparing to Blissett). I also said he was a good prospect with upside athletically. Do you think he’s more explosive than Blissett? If not, give us some superlatives for Blissett so the comparison makes sense.

This is the quote:

He’s not that explosive.

If you were only comparing him to Blissett, I agree Blissett is more explosive. He is one of the most athletic DTs in the country. Hunte is also a stud athlete and heavier. Blissett is already a four star, Hunte should be one. Holley is properly rated but the right kind of guy to complement the other two.

He got offered by uga last year too?
So Miami, bama, Ohio state, Georgia, penn state all offered him.
E8BA4803-71EC-455F-B6DF-AF610F147309.jpeg

Advertisement
This is the quote:

If you were only comparing him to Blissett, I agree Blissett is more explosive. He is one of the most athletic DTs in the country. Hunte is also a stud athlete and heavier. Blissett is already a four star, Hunte should be one. Holley is properly rated but the right kind of guy to complement the other two.
You’re overinvested in spinning here. It’s weird. You understand context better than you let on.

The actual quote in context was:

“Blissett is a better athlete, imo, just in our own class at that spot. He’s not that explosive. Not a nesta type.”

‘He’ clearly refers to Hunte. ‘That’ clearly refers to Blissett’s explosiveness. It was a comparison. That’s obvious when you don’t take the snippet of a quote out of context.

Maybe you think Hunte is the most explosive DL out there. Hope you’re right if you do.

Not sure what anyone is arguing...this kid has legitimate offers from Bama, OSU, UGA and PSU. **** he took an OV to OSU. They don't hand those out for kids they don't want. Kul was up there to see him a few weeks ago. He wasn't there just to say hello. Who gives a **** about the stars when the top DL schools in the country want this kid!?

Advertisement
Simpson clearly didn’t like the DT prospects in florida or the games they were playing. Love that he didn’t waste his time and identified OOS talent. He has us in good shape at the spot moving forward.

Davis was the only in state DT I really wanted but it’s hard to turn down Clemson these days.

Daxon (who he got a lot of grief for dropping) is now committed to OHIO. Not the buckeyes.

Save it next to my RJ McIntosh posts from 2015.

I could be wrong. It’s happened plenty before. But if I’m wrong on Hunte, that means Alabama and Ohio State were wrong, too. I like that company.

At the time of this writing...RJ McIntosh as a mid level 3* prospect was pretty accurate. Became a solid All-Conference player for a one year, but a late round pick and, again, at the point of this post, would qualify as a potential future journeyman in the pros. Not sure how that is worthy of a pat on the back.

At the time of this writing...RJ McIntosh as a mid level 3* prospect was pretty accurate. Became a solid All-Conference player for a one year, but a late round pick and, again, at the point of this post, would qualify as a potential future journeyman in the pros. Not sure how that is worthy of a pat on the back.
McIntosh's Draft position and NFL career so far have been the result of a medical condition, not his talent.

Advertisement
Simpson clearly didn’t like the DT prospects in florida or the games they were playing. Love that he didn’t waste his time and identified OOS talent. He has us in good shape at the spot moving forward.

Davis was the only in state DT I really wanted but it’s hard to turn down Clemson these days.

Daxon (who he got a lot of grief for dropping) is now committed to OHIO. Not the buckeyes.

To a certain extent...But I'm sure Kancy at Northwestern probably wouldn't have played games.

I only believe in the stars to a certain extent, and mostly I could care less about them...BUT mid level 3* aren't supp to project to an all-conf player, at least by their definition/scale.

Advertisement
Maybe. Whether those schools would really send him an LOI is not a fact known to the hype services. He has caught late interest from good schools, we can agree there.

Top programs sniffing around an uncommitted DT with athletic potential in January is not the same as those programs having been all over this kid all year. Maybe you think it’s inexplicable why he’s a 3*. I don’t even care what he’s rated, I just pointed out the reasons aren’t mysterious.

Jafari Harvey is a much better prospect, and he didn’t have the interest from alabama and ohio state that hunte did. Do you think we should also downgrade our other prospects based on lack of alabama interest?

This is all dumb. Hunte is a high ceiling, unproven DT prospect from NYC who we can all be pleased with in this class. Whether some services should have rated him higher, eh, whatever. I promise not to care.

Lol ... recruiting services arent putting in the same efforts scouting the NE corridor as they do the south. Also lineman develop late ALL the time. So saying programs are offering him late doesnt mean ****.

A fourth star means you're a Top 300 player. McIntosh got picked 139th despite a bad kidney condition. He was projected as a Top 75 pick before that.

He pretty clearly proved to be a four-star caliber player.

It’s not.at all.

2% of 3 stars Go to nfl vs 70% 4-5 stars.

There are exponentially more lower ranked guys and those in the nfl are the needle in the haystack.

Here are the numbers for the starters fpr the last 3 super bowl teams, not even close to 2% for 3 stars. But you could be right could you post a link? https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...atriots-eagles-high-school-recruiting-ratings Eagles 12 four or five stars, 10 three stars or less, in the ball park of 50%. Rams it's 50% 3 star or less for the best players on the team. Sure looks like it's a crap shoot to me. Not sure where your 2% figure comes from for the entire team, I say that figure is BS not on you, but where ever you got the figure from. I could possibly see 20% of 3 stars I guess.

Advertisement
Back