Guys please, we gotta chill with the TVD stuff

Denzel Washington Yes GIF by SAG Awards

Advertisement
I have a feeling his knee and pointer finger injuries are more of an issue than the mental BUT now that he has lost the zip it is becoming mental.

Compound this with our mash unit at RB and it is difficult to perform at a high level on O. IF we can get Chaney, Citizen, Fletcher, and Parrish all back for NCSt, it should remove a good amount of pressure on who ever plays QB.
Alot of ifs and I played D1 but my point is that everyone is banged up in the middle of the season. The treatment is top notch so throw out that excuse.

I have a feeling his knee and pointer finger injuries are more of an issue than the mental BUT now that he has lost the zip it is becoming mental.

Compound this with our mash unit at RB and it is difficult to perform at a high level on O. IF we can get Chaney, Citizen, Fletcher, and Parrish all back for NCSt, it should remove a good amount of pressure on who ever plays QB.
Injuries can put some doubt in any athlete. Impossible not to think about the pain and getting hurt worse.

Alot of ifs and I played D1 but my point is that everyone is banged up in the middle of the season. The treatment is top notch so throw out that excuse.

You can only do so much with broken bones (Fletcher), concussions (Chaney), shoulders (Parrish), and ACLs(Citizen). As for TVD, any injury to the throwing hand of a QB is a concern.

@JHallCanes new to this place? Wow. He is an OG that was here long before CIS was CIS. There is a group of folks that basically established CIS when the former site collapsed under it's own arrogance.
Jhall is solid, good poster and good person. I don't agree with everything he has put out, but he is dead on on this one and I agree with him a bunch more than most posters. I'll ride with him anywhere so folks probably should put some respect in his name and posting.
I know you prefer Anavar to Dianabol I just can’t do it man

But in all seriousness, I appreciate you my guy. If anyone has stuck with following this team over the last 15-20 years there’s no doubt about your commitment 😂

Advertisement
Fair post and if he is having mental issues that are going unchecked for whatever reason I hope he is able to get the help he needs.

If his mental issues are a result of playing poorly then again, he needs to get the help he needs, talk to a sports psychologist.

Being a QB and having the expectations he has put on him by the media, us fans, and coaches, teammates, himself; I hate to say are part of the territory. The highs and the lows are part of being in this position and the spotlight. He definitely knows he needs to play better, and if he's hurt he needs to say so and tell Dawson and Mario that we need to adjust the game plans to help him out. That's part of being mature and a leader of a team in any part of life. Understand there are things you cannot do at times and you need to ask for help. Don't continue to force issues.

If the dreams are being an NFL QB and getting paid millions of dollars for employment then his expectations are going to increase 10 fold so he needs to make sure his head is straight or it's going to be even worse for him.

"It's just social media"

"Its just a message board"

"Its just..."

Should do like a study on it…only a non athlete goes off on someone like that as athletes understand competition, what goes into preparing yourself, and then has lived the success and failure part. You know how these kids are feeling and the pressure they put on themselves.

Ditto for what is said on boards.

Sometimes everyone does get carried away though and says something they shouldn’t. Passion.

Advertisement
There's no question about this topic, the TVD stuff is over-the-top and out-of-line.

It's the same morons who were tearing apart Flagg, but I am guessing you're pretty happy he was on the team against Clemson.

It turns out, when you pay attention to your players actual strengths, their performance improves.

I am bringing this comparison up because this program has gone backwards with TVD.

To be clear, I am not giving him a pass. When he did take his shots the throws were terrible.

That said, if you're a highly paid coach and your QB is struggling, maybe running 3 man vertical routes into 7 and 8 man coverages isn't going to help him snap out of it.

TVD was missing his checkdowns, and that would have kept the defense a lot more honest, thus he'd have helped himself. That's on him, to be clear.

What's on the staff is recognizing he isn't helping himself and maybe we can slow the game down for him and I don't mean with a huddle.

Our entire passing game is either a horizontal concept or a downfield throw. Teams are not even attempting to cover the short and intermediate threats. Instead of asking the guy to make perfect throws into crowded coverages, force him to hit the routes in front of him until the defense has to adjust.

I am not saying this to have an X and O discussion, but rather to point out that he isn't getting much help from the sidelines. In fact it's the opposite, they're making a guy that's already not playing well, do more of what he's already ******* up. That ain't coaching.

Stop stop CIS can’t handle that level of nuance.

Just like they can’t understand that supporting and defending a kid who gives us the best chance to win doesn’t mean we don’t expect more out of him and aren’t frustrated by his play.

IMO it's the hand injury causing him to have confidence issues that are affecting his play.
It's affecting his ability to throw so it's taking him longer to make his reads because in his mind he has to determine if he can make the throw instead of just letting it go. That delay closes the window and leads to the int's and the int's further leads to the confidence issues.
If that’s the case he should think about the team first and unselfishly tell the coaches that he can’t go due to whatever injuries are hindering his performance. But he was cleared by Coaches and medical personnel right?? Sooo he was healthy enough supposedly or was he not? Again I say shame on the coaches if they knowingly threw him to the Lions 🦁 den injured 🤕.

Amen. We have a bunch of toxic Masculine losers on this forum.
This is football! And it’s still Merica 💪🏾🇺🇸 is it not? So we all have our own opinions whether it’s right or wrong. Y’all sound like it’s Oprah’s bullsh! !t book club hour. I don’t think anyone is making fun of TVD’s mental health in the way some of the slurpers are making it out to be. But it’s what it is he looks broken whether physically, mentally or both which is what I see. The truth has been slapping all of us in the face and the slurpers kept making excuses and now that there is no way to turn The TVD narrative now it’s a problem for the slurpers. It’s been the same thing each year with TVD unfortunately when will it be enough? You forgot Masculine between Toxic and loser I helped you out.🎃

Advertisement
Last week you were vomiting all over every post that complimented Emory and suggested he should start if TVD wasn’t 100%.

Now you’re whining about fans criticizing TVD.

To be clear, I agree 100% with the original post of this thread.

But YOU are responsible for creating the toxicity you’re now complaining about.
Some of these same ppl on here cuddling #9 and asking for his pity, have been on other threads calling ppl out there names and trashing other players; but now they want to have therapy in this sympathy thread. We keep receipts; y'all want the criticism for him to cease, then keep his butt off the field. I can just imagining what these other players are saying amongst themselves about this. If he suits up, then he's fair play for any and all talk.

I made the comment after the GT game that DVD was off and it was likely because he’s got a busted throwing hand. One poster blasted me for making excuses. Imagine that, a QB who makes a living throwing the ball, doesn’t get a small pass for having a busted hand. It’s now clear as day he doesn’t have the same velocity as normal. Can’t wait for that same poster to slam me again for making excuses. I can always tell which clowns on this board have actually played the game versus being a Madden champ.
You are making excuses. If you're injured, you need to sit your butt down somewhere like the others. Its amazing how some of these same ppl have a history on other threads of calling ppl names and bashing other players, now want pity for a guy they love. I've played and coached; you either can get the job done or you need to get off the field. His cuddlers are saying he's injured; coaches are suiting him up and playing him, his job is to perform. No one is forcing him to go out there; get it done or deal with the heat.

Fair post and if he is having mental issues that are going unchecked for whatever reason I hope he is able to get the help he needs.

If his mental issues are a result of playing poorly then again, he needs to get the help he needs, talk to a sports psychologist.

Being a QB and having the expectations he has put on him by the media, us fans, and coaches, teammates, himself; I hate to say are part of the territory. The highs and the lows are part of being in this position and the spotlight. He definitely knows he needs to play better, and if he's hurt he needs to say so and tell Dawson and Mario that we need to adjust the game plans to help him out. That's part of being mature and a leader of a team in any part of life. Understand there are things you cannot do at times and you need to ask for help. Don't continue to force issues.

If the dreams are being an NFL QB and getting paid millions of dollars for employment then his expectations are going to increase 10 fold so he needs to make sure his head is straight or it's going to be even worse for him.
My perspective for years and years has always been, "College athletes aren't paid, therefore, criticism should be minimal or non-existent."

That changed with NIL.

Kids are getting paid millions of dollars now to play. So, no, in terms of criticism, college players should no longer have that aura of protection. They got the big boy bag, with that comes the big boy problems associated with it.

That being said, we should keep the criticism football related, unless they pull a Jameis and steal crab legs. I'm more than reticent to practice armchair/amateur psychology.

Advertisement
Fans legitimately have zero idea what players are dealing with...physically or mentally. We get to see them for 3 hours a week for 13 weeks a year.

It’s always funny, CIS usually tears down a player, then cribby or some other insider a few months later provides context about what was going on with said player and everyone back tracks.

So now you agree Emory should have started against UVA? Glad we can agree, unfortunate that you were such an emoji weirdo vomiting on or laughing at the posts that suggested that BEFORE the game was played.

So now you agree Emory should have started against UVA? Glad we can agree, unfortunate that you were such an emoji weirdo vomiting on or laughing at the posts that suggested that BEFORE the game was played.
Bud, stfu. I legit said if TVD isn’t healthy Williams should start. TVD was healthy enough to play so he should have started like he did. Go through my post history. **** off

I was legit laughing at you trying to hang your hat on 5 completions and 65 yards acting like he carried the team and you were trying to crown a kid that you’re inevitably going to turn on the second he doesn’t perform.

Have another one pal. Fans like you are why the national media laugh at us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back