Gus Felder new S&C coach

Advertisement
Again I ask...is there any competent opinion to compare/contrast UGA vs UM recent S&C programs?

If UGAs is better...why so?

IF it is, then it would appear UM has an upgrade so we are headed in right direction.

Also, is there a competent opinion on UGA vs Mizzou S&C these past few years?

I have to be honest, if S&C at Mizzou was so great under Ivey, then why didnt that translate into more wins?

Maybe the marginal (if any) advantage wasnt enough of a difference maker?

Don't let "perfect" become the enemy of good enough.

Missorui is nothing, but 2 and 3 star players. They won the SEC East twice. Their first year in the SEC was a rebuilding year and would have been one in the Big 12 too. Their problem this year was the offensive line was absolute garbage. They had no pass blocking ability. It wasn't a S&C problem, it was just a lack of talent problem. Missouri has had plenty of explosiveness under Ivey all around and has fit in in the SEC with the way their players are built despite being 2 and 3 star players.

This may be a dumb question but we're hiring a team of S&C coaches like should be. But who worked with Swasey? He was the only name I'd ever hear with our guys.

Yeah, we haven't exactly heard the names of any of Swasey's underlings. They must have been top notch. Rumor is this is how Swasey used to communicate with them from outside of the weightroom.

images-5-1.jpg

Ivey would've been a great hire, but obviously it wasn't worth the risk. I trust that Richt got good info on the guy and made a good decision for our program.

It's easy for us to sit here and say, "who cares what happened at Mizzou, he builds freaks in weight room, hire him."

Next time you're running a business let me know how easy those decisions are.

Advertisement
Around 1000 views of this post and not 1 person has "liked" it... Speaks the how excited everyone is about this hire..

How the **** does this make more sense than bringing in Ivey?

Why do you think Ivey was under consideration?

Richt said every since he let Swasey go that he was bringing in someone he was familiar and comfortable with.

Georgia has never been a team to get pushed around so I think I will trust Richt on this.

Pete said Ivey was the front runner.

Exactly we dont know for sure. From what Richt said himself, this sounds like the path he was taking.

what if Ivey is still coming?

It doesn't look like any of these guys are the Director of S&C.

Advertisement
Auburn and Clemson use the Simmons/Batson model.

Michigan uses HIT.

HATCH is now at LSU, Bama, and UGA along with some other smaller schools. It was implemented at Tenn in the 90s then grew when Moffit went to LSU. I would say this is more a case of Moffit/Hatch being good teachers.

This may be a dumb question but we're hiring a team of S&C coaches like should be. But who worked with Swasey? He was the only name I'd ever hear with our guys.

Yeah, we haven't exactly heard the names of any of Swasey's underlings. They must have been top notch. Rumor is this is how Swasey used to communicate with them from outside of the weightroom.

View attachment 34899

Brad Roll was a good hire but only here for a short period of time. He actually was a coach at Miami under the Erickson staff.

what if Ivey is still coming?

It doesn't look like any of these guys are the Director of S&C.

Thought the same thing. The article says one person thinks Felder is "likely" to be the head S&C, but nothing is definite yet.

Some of you baffle me.

What did you expect Butch to get this one too? How about Gruden or Ray Lewis?

Save the comments until they put them to work. Right now names don't mean ****.

Advertisement
I like what John Thomas has to say in this video, in regards to always adapting to new things in the field. Never afraid to change your system if something better comes along. He also used to work with the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season and both swapped ideas, etc.

We are upgrading here folks, so regardless of how they do it, we have professionals in the weight-room again. It's been 15 years since we could say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoHlm74Dzc

None of these guys have "master" cache or lead up a S&C program the likes of this. Let's wait until the school or Pete say something

Advertisement
Has anyone confirmed our system will now be HIT or is it just speculated?

That would be disappointing for the type of athletes we attract.

lackluster resume, imo.

Georgia just hired 2 guys to head up the S&C unit and they supposedly hired 2 very top notch guys. 2 guys were former heads of S&C at other schools (UCF and Marshall).

Again I ask...is there any competent opinion to compare/contrast UGA vs UM recent S&C programs?

If UGAs is better...why so?

IF it is, then it would appear UM has an upgrade so we are headed in right direction.

Also, is there a competent opinion on UGA vs Mizzou S&C these past few years?

I have to be honest, if S&C at Mizzou was so great under Ivey, then why didnt that translate into more wins?

Maybe the marginal (if any) advantage wasnt enough of a difference maker?

Don't let "perfect" become the enemy of good enough.

Missorui is nothing, but 2 and 3 star players. They won the SEC East twice. Their first year in the SEC was a rebuilding year and would have been one in the Big 12 too. Their problem this year was the offensive line was absolute garbage. They had no pass blocking ability. It wasn't a S&C problem, it was just a lack of talent problem. Missouri has had plenty of explosiveness under Ivey all around and has fit in in the SEC with the way their players are built despite being 2 and 3 star players.

So, are you offering Mizzou S&C was superior to UGAs?

If so, would it truly be enough of a difference maker at UM then?

Im not criticizing Ivey...I dont know the man...but I will tell you I have fired far more PhDs amd MBAs than people who perfrom with comon sense.

With that said, any legitimate academic credential is an impressive accomplishment to be sure, however, that doesnt guarantee increased performance over those tjat dont have it.

Advertisement
Back