Greg Schiano

Advertisement
I’ve heard a million times that Bob is done and doesn’t want to get back in and is over recruiting, but boy I’d give him a blank check YESTERDAY.

@SouthParkCane
What have you heard regarding BGB getting back in the ranks? I remember all that hooplah FSU went through thinking that they were getting him. Very, VERY glad that they didn’t obviously.
No way bob coaches again imo. Recruiting today is not something he’s a fan of as a person

Think about this:

Schiano would immediately become the second most (and arguably the most) qualified coach we’ve hired in 20 years.

We underestimate the value of simply hiring a competent coach.

Burnt out Mark Richt won 10 games and a bowl game, feats that hadn’t been accomplished in 14 years and 10 years respectively.

At this point, we would be lucky to get Schiano.

He needs to be a legitimate contender. I was worried about fit in the past, but he actually won Recruiter of the Year for OSU in 2018 and is familiar with our program.
Tennessee probably sorry they didn't hire him but they had the politically correct bunch trying to connect him to Jo Pa and ultimately ran him off. Their loss.

Advertisement
Eliah Drinkwitz would be my choice if we miss the obvious candidates. Basically the equivalent to Dan Mullen back in 2010. He’s only getting better as long as he does better than Steve Wilks at DC and Jethro as DL coach.

He hired Dorsey at App State before he went to Buffalo. Might bring him. If not him, he also had Garrett Riley before he went to SMU. Look at his offenses right now.

Won’t be the flashy name but he fits that innovative mind that can actually draw it up ala Mullen, Kiffin, Lincoln Riley, etc. And he’s actually recruiting very good considering it’s Mizzou.
I really hope Miami interviews him at the end of the season if mizzou goes maybe 9-3. Seems difficult but his offense looks pretty creative. What do you think of Jamey Chadwell?

Advertisement
He needs to be a legitimate contender. I was worried about fit in the past, but he actually won Recruiter of the Year for OSU in 2018 and is familiar with our program.
Didn’t he get run out of OSU because his defenses were getting smoked his last year?

I like him more than Mario Cristobal
Mario worries me. Something about watching his teams **** the bed and lose to the Oregon States of the world doesn’t give me all the warm and fuzzys. If he’s dropping games in the Pac 12 to teams with lesser talent, what makes people believe his future UM teams wouldn’t drop games to comparable ACC programs?

Mario worries me. Something about watching his teams **** the bed and lose to the Oregon States of the world doesn’t give me all the warm and fuzzys. If he’s dropping games in the Pac 12 to teams with lesser talent, what makes people believe his future UM teams wouldn’t drop games to comparable ACC programs?
Also for all the hoopla his strong point is negated actually coaching in south florida. Mario's 1 strong point is recruiting...and recruiting from within a s.fla cess pool is totally different when your a s.fla guy OUTSIDE of it and telling s.fla guys your going to take care of them away in school.

Advertisement
Said off the board I prefer scrappy *** Mark Stoops to Schiano's rigidity.

More importantly, I prefer a badass, visionary Athletic Director. Don't even care the background. Just get someone who LIKES solving complex problems.

The University's got the money. Use it. The coach thing will work itself out.

Advertisement
Said off the board I prefer scrappy *** Mark Stoops to Schiano's rigidity.

More importantly, I prefer a badass, visionary Athletic Director. Don't even care the background. Just get someone who LIKES solving complex problems.

The University's got the money. Use it. The coach thing will work itself out.
A Zo and Mark Stoops combination would be deadly. Stoops has kept his teams competitive in the SEC with a roster that’s less talented than every program outside of Vandy.

Give him the resources he needs and watch what he can do with a team that has a more talented roster than every ACC team outside of Clemson. We would be a well-coached, disciplined team that wouldn’t be an embarrassment on the national stage. Sign me the Fvck up.

That dude was a real ****boy. But can't deny he knew his football
If you don’t mind, please rank the following coaches based on your preference for who you would like to see replace Manure: Mark Stoops, Schiano, Mario.

Advertisement
Back