Greg Schiano

Advertisement
Disagree. I don’t get the Stoops love. Good coach nothing more.

Lol, what’s wrong with a “Good coach”? How many of those have we had around here? You want a “great one”? Well of course, we all do...but what’s the likelihood of us getting one of those? Good coaches don’t leave their P5 job to go to another P5 school. There’s a reason it rarely happens when P5 teams go get a new coach. Mullen and Jimbo are like the only 2 in the past 10 years. We could do alot worse than Stoops and I’d probably take him before Schiano because I think he would recruit much better down here.

Advertisement
A Zo and Mark Stoops combination would be deadly. Stoops has kept his teams competitive in the SEC with a roster that’s less talented than every program outside of Vandy.

Give him the resources he needs and watch what he can do with a team that has a more talented roster than every ACC team outside of Clemson. We would be a well-coached, disciplined team that wouldn’t be an embarrassment on the national stage. Sign me the Fvck up.
Go ask players who've played for him what they think. It's a pretty good barometer. And, it's not because of "nice guy" stuff. He helps players grow.

It's really not that complicated with players (and employees). Get their respect and trust. Work together to grow together. The individual benefits. If lots of individuals benefit and there's a unified mission, the team benefits. If you're doing too much nonsense, you likely forgot about the substance.

Anyway, I have no idea if Stoops would even consider us, but my guess is yes. Again, just have him on the list. Have more than 3 guys on the cot**** list. Have someone in the AD who has either run an athletic department already or someone who's run a business with some real consequences. Why do we make this so complicated every 3-4 years? Ha.

Thought Bob Stoops was in the mix for USC job or is that just a rumor?
Bob Stoops was in the mix, per some local media here in LA. The aggregate of his salary and budget demands and the then-buyouts of Helton and staff made that unworkable to the USC brass. Sums thrown around were $50M. The doctor scandal and huge legal settlements were a far higher priority.

I really hope Miami interviews him at the end of the season if mizzou goes maybe 9-3. Seems difficult but his offense looks pretty creative. What do you think of Jamey Chadwell?
My brother was his roommate when he played at ETSU. Great guy. I’m not sure Miami is for him. I could see Memphis, UCF, or even NCST, or something. I think the pressure cooker of a job Miami is wouldn’t fare well.

Advertisement
Lol, what’s wrong with a “Good coach”? How many of those have we had around here? You want a “great one”? Well of course, we all do...but what’s the likelihood of us getting one of those? Good coaches don’t leave their P5 job to go to another P5 school. There’s a reason it rarely happens when P5 teams go get a new coach. Mullen and Jimbo are like the only 2 in the past 10 years. We could do alot worse than Stoops and I’d probably take him before Schiano because I think he would recruit much better down here.
I get what you’re saying but a good coach that gets 8-9 wins a season isn’t gonna last more than 5 years. He would’ve been an option before Manny, but that hire poisoned a program that was already on life support. It’s time to swing for the fence and hit a potential home run before you ever consider Stoops.

I tend to agree on Mark Stoops. Mainly, because I was wrong about Mullen.

Although the play called on the failed 2-point conversation try at the end of UF’s 31-29 loss to Bama seems corch-like in hindsight.

Advertisement
I get what you’re saying but a good coach that gets 8-9 wins a season isn’t gonna last more than 5 years. He would’ve been an option before Manny, but that hire poisoned a program that was already on life support. It’s time to swing for the fence and hit a potential home run before you ever consider Stoops.

Def agree with swinging for the fences, 1000% agree with that but hypothetically if Stoops would be our "worst" option, then we are in good shape. A guy that won 10 games at Kentucky and his teams are physical and extremely disciplined and fundamentally sound on defense, is someone I'd take here and not complain about it. All moot, good discussion.

My brother was his roommate when he played at ETSU. Great guy. I’m not sure Miami is for him. I could see Memphis, UCF, or even NCST, or something. I think the pressure cooker of a job Miami is wouldn’t fare well.
I can definitely see Miami not being for him. But I could see a P5 program taking a good swing on him with how prominent he made Coastal in a short time. Can't see him being there next year. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him and FSU in the same conversation.

Advertisement
Def agree with swinging for the fences, 1000% agree with that but hypothetically if Stoops would be our "worst" option, then we are in good shape. A guy that won 10 games at Kentucky and his teams are physical and extremely disciplined and fundamentally sound on defense, is someone I'd take here and not complain about it. All moot, good discussion.
Absolutely with you on, if Stoops is our last option we’re in good shape. Just don’t think he should be at the top.

I love all of the definite “he isn’t coming” posts. Not just for Schiano, but any coach mentioned. Makes for great bump material. People speaking as if they talked to said coach themselves and were told that, great stuff.
I agree! Did he leave Rutgers again for Tennessee and due to the revolt, he went back or was he at Ohio State when he tried going to Tennessee & then as a result he went back to Rutgers shortly thereafter?

Advertisement
Back