Greg Schiano

I'll never understand the appeal for Greg Schiano. He has a reputation tied to one season in 2006, and it was a steady decline after that. Yeah, it was Rutgers, but his overall record there was .500 and his conference record abysmal was abysmal, like .300.

Advertisement
I agree! Did he leave Rutgers again for Tennessee and due to the revolt, he went back or was he at Ohio State when he tried going to Tennessee & then as a result he went back to Rutgers shortly thereafter?

latter

Advertisement
A Bad Rap??...Better than Mario??....Lol
What has Mario done? I'm not convinced. 2019 with Scott Frosts NFL QB and weak schedule? Looking like dog crap in 2020. Barely beating Fresno, a terrible down OSU team, a school for the blind in 2021. His FIU tenure is filled with Cuban Al Golden moments. So yeah what Schiano did with Rutgers was truly amazing and he's on his way to doing it again. With that said I'm rolling with Cristobal over Diaz any day, just don't think he's the sure bet people are building him up to be.

If you don’t mind, please rank the following coaches based on your preference for who you would like to see replace Manure: Mark Stoops, Schiano, Mario
Mario, mark, schiano... Not a huge difference between Mario & mark. Both of them would be home runs in my eyes. One a defensive guy & other offensive obviously but the approach to the game is the bigger issue and why I'd take Mario. For me schiano shouldn't be anywhere near here. He's great for some places but not here.

Mario, mark, schiano... Not a huge difference between Mario & mark. Both of them would be home runs in my eyes. One a defensive guy & other offensive obviously but the approach to the game is the bigger issue and why I'd take Mario. For me schiano shouldn't be anywhere near here. He's great for some places but not here.
Appreciate the response.

People don't want to hear it but Schiano would be very good hire, not the best we could do but he's a very good coach. I'd argue better than Cristobal. Schiano gets a bad rap.
Do you know him? He'd be a horrible hire here just because of his personality alone. The guy has one of the biggest egos I've ever come across which says alot considering this egomaniac we've been dealing with. Huge monstrous prick of an individual. But hey we're all allowed opinions.

Advertisement
Mark Richt and Manny Diaz come to mind.
Richt was probably the closest but he was a losing retread. I was happy with anyone after Al golden and Richt seemed like he would be ok. We realized quickly however his offenses were stale and outdated Diaz on the other hand was probably the worst hire in UM history. Most believed that when it happened.

I’ve watched a lot of Rutgers over the years. Being in NY they are on a lot. His teams are coaches well and play hard. Not always the most talented obviously but he seems to get a lot out of a little. Even if the record doesn’t show it. Huge upgrade over Manny.

Do you know him? He'd be a horrible hire here just because of his personality alone. The guy has one of the biggest egos I've ever come across which says alot considering this egomaniac we've been dealing with. Huge monstrous prick of an individual. But hey we're all allowed opinions.
I just said he's a good Coach, and he is, didn't mean I'd hire him at Miami, just that he be an upgrade over Diaz.

It wouldn't matter, Miami ain't touching Schiano with that baggage. Only baggage guy I'm taking is the man who beat Saban, Hugh Freeze. Schiano, like Lane and Cristobal, would have been the better hire but IMO those ships have sailed.

Advertisement
Said off the board I prefer scrappy *** Mark Stoops to Schiano's rigidity.

More importantly, I prefer a badass, visionary Athletic Director. Don't even care the background. Just get someone who LIKES solving complex problems.

The University's got the money. Use it. The coach thing will work itself out.
Yup. If it’s Zo then he’ll definitely get a call. Schiano will probably say no. Mark won’t though. Giving Mark this place with the QBs already in place and we’ll be at 11-12 wins next year. All that quitting bull**** will be OVER!

Advertisement
He didn't. He was 28-48 in the Big East.
He’s 3-0 this year and had a good run for a stretch at Rutgers after his first few years building up the program. I am a Mario guy but Schiano is not terrible.

1632359089575.png

Advertisement
Back