Greg Schiano

Advertisement
Don’t know how I feel about that one. How much does Bob have left in the tank? Could be another Richt situation.
Like I said if it’s anybody not named Mario, Mark, or one of the up and comers (Clark/Napier, etc) then it’ll be more of a managerial role.

Like I said if it’s anybody not named Mario, Mark, or one of the up and comers (Clark/Napier, etc) then it’ll be more of a managerial role.
We just gotta hope for the best, bro. We deserve something good to happen after enduring the last two decades.

Advertisement
Did he though? He went 3-6 last year in the Big 10 only schedule with the 3 wins against sub 500 teams. He is 3-0 so far this year but he hasn’t played a Big 10 team yet(Temple, Syracuse, and Delaware).
He took over the worst program in the country. The fact that he won 3 games last year is amazing. They get better every game they play. This guy can coach. I know he is an a- hole, but maybe that is what this program needs right now. I personally dont think he would take the job, but I would not be upset if he were our new coach.

Before Schiano came back to Rutgers last season, they hadn’t won a big ten game in 3 seasons and were riding a 21-game losing streak. He won 3 big ten games his first season, pretty incredible. He also has Rutgers 3-0 right now for the first time since 2012.

Rutgers typically has bottom 2 or 3 recruiting classes every year in the big ten, and he has their 2022 class sitting at #4 in the big ten right now.

He signed an 8-year $32M contract with Rutgers, but has an unusually low buyout that drops to $4M in December. To me, I don’t think he gets that in his contract unless he’s thinking about possibly jumping to a bigger program down the road. It seems kind of crazy to have 6 years/$24M left on your contract and only a $4M buyout.

I remember he wanted the UM job bad back in 2015, I wouldn’t be surprised if he still has us on his radar. And it sounds like UM was ready to hire him until Richt became available.

Advertisement
Did he though? He went 3-6 last year in the Big 10 only schedule with the 3 wins against sub 500 teams. He is 3-0 so far this year but he hasn’t played a Big 10 team yet(Temple, Syracuse, and Delaware).
So you basically answered your own question. Yes, he beat 3 Big Ten teams last year. How many has Mandy beaten?

Schiano works in Rutgers because kids going to that school is the best offer they have and deal with him because of it. Don’t think that would work at Miami or bigger programs.

Schiano works in Rutgers because kids going to that school is the best offer they have and deal with him because of it. Don’t think that would work at Miami or bigger programs.

They loved him at OSU apparently and things seemed to work well for him there. That's a big program, right?

Advertisement
images

Advertisement
Eliah Drinkwitz would be my choice if we miss the obvious candidates. Basically the equivalent to Dan Mullen back in 2010. He’s only getting better as long as he does better than Steve Wilks at DC and Jethro as DL coach.

He hired Dorsey at App State before he went to Buffalo. Might bring him. If not him, he also had Garrett Riley before he went to SMU. Look at his offenses right now.

Won’t be the flashy name but he fits that innovative mind that can actually draw it up ala Mullen, Kiffin, Lincoln Riley, etc. And he’s actually recruiting very good considering it’s Mizzou.
He seems very green.

He wasn’t running the show there. If I remember correctly Urban Meyer was the HC

No ****, really?

You said kids deal with him because it's their best offer, but don't think it would work here?

Nothing but good comments from the OSU side, plenty of positivity. So much so he was all set to be the DC for the best in the NFL, but didn't last minute.

People say things here and run with it. You've got a former player talking 20 and some change years ago. People do learn. People do change. People tend to mellow as they age. If he can demand the respect of players at OSU, he could do it here.

A guy like this is exactly what we need to beat these divas into shape to maximize our talent and bring in underdogs with a chip on their shoulder like the old days:

Advertisement
Back