Greg Schiano

Of course it is. Countless examples of successful coaches have been major league assh0les as coaches. Doesn’t mean it’s automatic but it certainly doesn’t preclude a coach from being successful.
This man is speaking the truth.

Advertisement
Mark Stoops is responsible for Kentucky’s 3rd 10 win season in HISTORY

His team was down to a WR playing QB and destroyed Louisville and beat VT in their bowl game two years ago.

He has one of the best offensive lines in college this year

Guys a good coach just depends on how he would fare in recruiting down here

Bill Clark from UAB would be another good choice, just depends if a good ol Bama guy wants to come down here
He does fine in recruiting down here. You know he coached here before right.

Of course it is. Countless examples of successful coaches have been major league assh0les as coaches. Doesn’t mean it’s automatic but it certainly doesn’t preclude a coach from being successful.
I didn't say that...what I'm saying is...from 95-2000...not one of UM coaches were Azzholes except Schiano...and were Loved by the players....some were stern...but the players loved them..

A guy like this is exactly what we need to beat these divas into shape to maximize our talent and bring in underdogs with a chip on their shoulder like the old days:

Oh lord, here we go again with "press conference evidence", the absolute MOST-COMPELLING evidence of who we should hire as a head coach or AD.

Advertisement
We need a hardass disciplinarian. We did the country club route for too long.
THIS.

It is only one of two hesitations I have for going with Lane. He's obviously got Ole **** disciplined enough and FAU never seemed to not be disciplined, but he doesn't ooze that tough, disciplined thing like Mario and Schiano. Stoops has a little of that disciplinarian edge.

Advertisement
being a discipline coach is not connected to being an *******.

every free agent in new England learns that lesson outside of maybe one or two who dont make it.

Mario learned under Butch 1st...Butch is the best evaluator and recruiter for the last 35yrs in CFB...especially considering he did most of it while dealing with sanctions...He put more 1st rounders, AAs & HOFers into the NFL than Howard...JJ & Erickson combined...Give me the guy who was tutored under him....Nick Saban could have called any CFB HC in America in the late 90s while HC at MSU..and requested to come to any school to watch how they practice and to get pointers...He called Butch...

Advertisement
Head coach doesn't have to be an *******, but players and people in the program need to respect and buy in. Need to have a solid scheme, be able to recruit players for the scheme and develop talent, surround self with competent assistants, and finally set standards and hold players/staff accountable.

Will go out on a limb, but believe the only box Manny is close to checking is competent assistants.

Schiano would be a heaping pile of sh*t hire.
I can see it now…
UM: Our new Head Coach is Greg Schiano!

Recruits: W-T-F? Outtahere.
1632420726585.gif

Advertisement
Tennessee probably sorry they didn't hire him but they had the politically correct bunch trying to connect him to Jo Pa and ultimately ran him off. Their loss.
Hopefully it'll be our gain. We need a legitimate proven P5 coach. Not Napier, not J Caldwell (Coastal C coach)...maybe those guys would kill it. But we need another Richt, but just not ready to retire.

I watched Schiano build a legitimate program at Rutgers. He knows what he is doing.
Never understood the hate for the guy on this board. He did a great job as Miami's DC back in the day.
But I don't see him leaving Jersey at this point in his career.

Penn State.

Nothing wrong with Schiano….guy’s a professional. Would be nice to have someone competent for a change.

Advertisement
Back